lf tutorial on bg healing...

i'm leveling a priest (lvl 10) mainly through bgs just to kind of master healing, sort of a trial by fire...

but darn it if i'm not having the hardest time healing while moving and knowing which players are around me to heal without having to click on each one which takes one hand off my hot key heals or for moving...

any good tutorial sites or add ons i should look at?..

Re: lf tutorial on bg healing...

You can use the default raid frames, pop up some windows, and if you see someone getting attacked and then a bar of HP is going down, you should heal that target, unless someone else is taking damage. You just have to have a good idea of triage when it comes to BG healing, heal those who you can save, and save those who are more useful than those who are less useful, etc.

Its not hard, just play the game and learn, its part of the fun of the game.

i tell ya, i have new found respect for bg healers... lots of on screen stuff to watch, including my own life meter...

i hoped that add ons like grid could gray out toons out of my range...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Peepo
    i tell ya, i have new found respect for bg healers... lots of on screen stuff to watch, including my own life meter...

if im not mistaken, grid can do that

I don't think I had to change an option for it to work (maybe I did..?) but on my Grid, each individual square gets lighter once that person is out of range. I may have another addon that is working with Grid to do that but I highly doubt it.. Just seems like something that would work right off the bat with a healing addon.

For lower levels flash heal is gonna help you a lot when you get it... later on prayer of mending rocks. IMO pvp healing as a priest is more about watching who the enemies are going for, if you learn to predict them you can cast greater heals more oftenly, in turn getting more healing per second and more mana efficiency. Also, being very discrete helps or next thing you know you'll be dead

Grid is an amazing addon that helps you decide who is closest to heal and who has debuffs/losing the most health thats in range of you. And grid should come with default to be able to gray out people out of range and my does it automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by perera
    For lower levels flash heal is gonna help you a lot when you get it... later on prayer of mending rocks. IMO pvp healing as a priest is more about watching who the enemies are going for, if you learn to predict them you can cast greater heals more oftenly, in turn getting more healing per second and more mana efficiency. Also, being very discrete helps or next thing you know you'll be dead
    I wouldn't worry about 'learning to bg heal' so much as getting to the level you want to be doing the majority of your healing at. If you are trying to get to the level cap, there are spells you will not have access to until you get close to the level cap. You will also have things like talents/glyphs/gear to account for the effectiveness of your heals when 'learning' how to heal.

In short, the healing you do at level 10 is going to be entirely different at level 80 and there really isn't much of a learning stretch involved either way.

TL; DR

Dun worry about it.

The biggest thing for healers is to keep yourself alive. By that you should never solo anything, find people and stick with them - preferably a group large enough that your heals add value to either getting HK's or pulling off the flag or capping the base.

I use healbot and it helps a ton.. its gotten much better with updating and handling large groups and handling people dropping in and out of raid all the time.

I heal as resto druid and love it. Only DPS PVP i do is when i'm out doing dailies (weekly) in WG and feel like getting back at the horde who try and camp people doing quests

Resil has helped me tons.. i lost a lot of regen but just teach myself to use innervate much more in bgs since innervate also resets between deaths.. PVE gear is fine for WG but pvp gear helps so when you are caught you get some survivability that isn't putting 100% of your heals on you.

On the flipside sometimes i healer tank enemies, especially if we have a few rogues or shadow melded kittys waiting, i load up on hots, get all the melee on me and they usually fall for the bait.. can't really do that at lvl 10 but it is part of the fun of pvp healing if you have a group that can work with you.

Honestly though, i find most people puss out and run away from battles even if you're healing through them. Dunno why but sometimes you find people who are happy you're there and whisper you thanks and those are the people you tend to gravitate to and push wins with. Add them to you friends list if they're on your realm and or hope they join bgs when you do in the future

Quote Originally Posted by dinobatbird
    I don't think I had to change an option for it to work (maybe I did..?) but on my Grid, each individual square gets lighter once that person is out of range. I may have another addon that is working with Grid to do that but I highly doubt it.. Just seems like something that would work right off the bat with a healing addon.
    yeah, i'm staring at healbot not grid... gotta adjust the color scheme for healbot... makes my head spin a bit...

thanks for all the tips, guys!...

Enable Health bars over the heads of both enemies and friends. Set up your raid windows, (Blizzard UI being completely fine), in a way that you can see them but without them being intrusive. And lastly, get an addon that fades out players in your raid windows if they are outside your 40 yard range.

Then you're all set.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

The default raid frames can actually do this through an option in Interface.