Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ret Paladin Stat Weights

so apparently I fail as its my offspec and only grab it when no1 other wants its so YES I have a shitamount of ArP. Is this making me sucky or not able to pur. I doubt it but before criticice me read first. Its been said its offspec. basicly can I ask how your prot or holy gear is if its your offspec?? You grab what you can at most. I know ArP is not the best but he, if you have it then you have it and I would not be looking strange if Blizzard is doing the same with str and retri then they did with holy and intelect and stamina and prot. All retrirdins are stacking only one stat and that is str. Holy paladins did that for the most too, same for protadins (if def capped). Making eather str less apealing and compensating with other stats would not be that bad personally (and yes I know a lot of you will disagree). Just look at the two other specs and see what happened. A change the 3e one will be affected by some changes.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Koffie
    so apparently I fail as its my offspec and only grab it when no1 other wants its so YES I have a shitamount of ArP. Is this making me sucky or not able to pur. I doubt it but before criticice me read first. Its been said its offspec. basicly can I ask how your prot or holy gear is if its your offspec?? You grab what you can at most. I know ArP is not the best but he, if you have it then you have it and I would not be looking strange if Blizzard is doing the same with str and retri then they did with holy and intelect and stamina and prot. All retrirdins are stacking only one stat and that is str. Holy paladins did that for the most too, same for protadins (if def capped). Making eather str less apealing and compensating with other stats would not be that bad personally (and yes I know a lot of you will disagree). Just look at the two other specs and see what happened. A change the 3e one will be affected by some changes.
    First, we didn't critize your gear, but more on the your statement of "ArP can get a nice value as long as you have enough of them" as Ret.

Second, punctuation and paragraphs are your friends.

for me offspec isn't just "grab what you can get".
    outside of guild raids i heal more than i dps, and in guild raids i still heal 20% of the time.

in 3.1 i would have never taken anything with mp5 for my holy offgear, eg. (unless really well itemised due to low stamina or something)
    stuff that is a couple ilvl higher than what you currently have might not even be an upgrade once you consider the stat weights.

and yes, i DO AVOIDE almost anything that has arp, and most of stuff that has haste and agi.
    there is plenty other items with better itemisation since 3.1.

anyway: just check with rawr what items are an upgrade.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988
    But how much is strength a priority over hit?

In PvP, should I completely ignore Hit over strength?
    Or should I focus on strength as soon as I'm PvP hit capped?
    Stat weights are based on dps increase from equivalent amounts of + (some stat) in relation to other stats.

In practice it's only truly useful for "patchwerl" type dps.