Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: How many players can get Catastrophe?

Quote Originally Posted by Arel
    From the looks of it, I'd say a *lot* of player will be able to grab the "heroic" loot.

I mean, come on. It may not be heroic, but this supposedly "post-Ulduar" raid so far has meant killing *every single fucking boss* at the first attempt we ever had on them. Nothing has been that easy until now, not even Naxxramas.

I hope there REALLY will be a LOT of difference between normal and heroic mode. Because if they just make it 3 times as difficult, we'll clear it the first week.
    I am hoping for new Boss abilities/mechanics, and ofcourse the increase in damage: That way, things you could get away with on Normal difficulty (I.E. Icehowl's enrage) would make it MUCH harder to.

My nickname used to be Kat, so I called my DK Katastrophe. He really needs to get that sword, if merely for lolz. Similarly, I called my mage Kataclysm, a year before Wrath even hit. I bet I'll be forced to change it when the expansion is here. >

'And you give the plague to your healers. Who are standing waiting for it. Because they love you. Love also being a kind of plague.' - Raid Leader describing the tacts for PP 25 HC.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I am hoping for new Boss abilities/mechanics, and ofcourse the increase in damage: That way, things you could get away with on Normal difficulty (I.E. Icehowl's enrage) would make it MUCH harder to.
    Trust me, I hope they do that with all my heart, else it's gonna be shit boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crovax
    Best you could get along with Dark Edge of Depravity pre - Coliseum. Whats the problem with it?
    it wasnt itemised for rets, but it was stil Bis
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

wearing the 25man heroic plate boots, belt and tier pants puts you at 222 rating meaning the mace would be useless. so mine as well get justicebringer which is same stats but has armor pen instead of expertise. armor pen would be a bigger dps increase then excess expertise

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    wearing the 25man heroic plate boots, belt and tier pants puts you at 222 rating meaning the mace would be useless. so mine as well get justicebringer which is same stats but has armor pen instead of expertise. armor pen would be a bigger dps increase then excess expertise
    ArP is and never will be a dps increase for us ...

im soooo glad that this useless stat will dissapear with the next xpac :P

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne

im soooo glad that this useless stat will dissapear with the next xpac :P
    /dance
    Mastery ftw :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    /dance
    Mastery Reforging ftw :P
    Fixed.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Fixed.
    reforging will be half worthless without arp.. lol
    its now we need it

Quote Originally Posted by Qwayne

I hope you're joking. This kind of idiotic misinformation is why I have rets asking me stupid questions. Is ArP a premiere stat for us? No. Is it a DPS increase? Yes.

I'm not quite sure people realize that every piece of gear can't have the exact same stats. If every piece had Hit, we'd be horribly over capped, if every piece had exp, we'd be horribly over capped. The only two stats (other than Crit, which generally is on all our gear anyways) we have that don't have a cap on them are ArP and Haste, with ArP actually being the better of the two.

People are saying that ArP is some kind of magic dps loss, where when you get a single point of ArP, it automatically makes your dps plummet, when it's actually the best thing we've got once we're hit and exp capped(once again not counting Crit, since it's generally crit and another stat that are on all of our gear that we really have to choose from)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Greatrichie

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Sure you may be right that Arp give us some small benefits if whe are hit and exp capped. But i rather stack some hit and expertise to have an bigger pillow when i lose some in exchange for items with haste ( jeah i know with 3.2 haste isnt a good stat anymore but the more haste the faster you get the dots up to make real dps) and crit.

Delivering Justice Since 2008 - retired since April 2011

I can personally confirm that toc hc 25 man is god like in it's intensity. Beasts being the least hardest you still find you fight against the enrage timer. Lord Jar is ofc harder but mostly due to the fact you have to kill the volcanoes and portals or you will be drowned in adds. The adds hit hard and the de-buffs harder. Even after the first kill you stand to have 3 or more wipes.

Now the hardest part so far, and in my opinion it may well be the hardest of all, The faction champs. These guys will hit you so hard your grand kids will feel it. My guild just got it down with a straight 21 minute fight on our 3rd attempt. It took just as long to figure it out how to assign everyone.

The Twins are next and their damage is gona be ten fold in pwnage. Where being hit by the wrong orb mattered little before now 2 will kill you for sure. Add this to their shields and aoes being crazy bad it's gona be about skilled survival.

So in short doing this mode without raid wiping is nothing short of genius.

But then again theres nothing that can't be done.