Ret Uld 25 XT & Kolg

Hi Guys,

I havent done XT(Non_hard) or Kolg since patch and was wondering your seal setup and choice. Please let me know what seals you use on XT then switching to the Heart. Also what seals you use / switch to from Kolg Right Hand to Kolg himself.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Ret Uld 25 XT & Kolg

Quote Originally Posted by Grz
    Hi Guys,

I havent done XT(Non_hard) or Kolg since patch and was wondering your seal setup and choice. Please let me know what seals you use on XT then switching to the Heart. Also what seals you use / switch to from Kolg Right Hand to Kolg himself.
    SoV is best. It will still do more dmg on the heart than any thing else, even if half the time youre stacking the dot. For Kologarn, if you have good ranged they should be able to take down the arm themselves, leaving the melee to just work the body. That way you don't have to switch of and risk dropping your stack.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    SoV is best. It will still do more dmg on the heart than any thing else, even if half the time youre stacking the dot. For Kologarn, if you have good ranged they should be able to take down the arm themselves, leaving the melee to just work the body. That way you don't have to switch of and risk dropping your stack.
    If you start attacking the body and build up your stacks, you can actually keep 2 5 stacks up )one on the Arm you need to DPS, and one on the Body) with a bit of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    If you start attacking the body and build up your stacks, you can actually keep 2 5 stacks up )one on the Arm you need to DPS, and one on the Body) with a bit of effort.
    This, you could even build 3 stacks (but that would be effort IMHO). Next time I do kologarn I'll have the body on focus and stack on whichever arm we are dpsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok
    This, you could even build 3 stacks (but that would be effort IMHO). Next time I do kologarn I'll have the body on focus and stack on whichever arm we are dpsing.
    Yep thats what I do.

15+ Year Old Account

I might have to try this.

Do you guys use addons to keep track of the debuff on multiple parts?

I just look but am curious to know if there is anything better.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

or you could say "its kologarn" and just attack the body. That fight is easier than VoA.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

sorta on topic but different boss what seal should be used on razorscale i was thinking righteousness til shes grounded right?

Quote Originally Posted by Valhaluke
    sorta on topic but different boss what seal should be used on razorscale i was thinking righteousness til shes grounded right?
    If you don't have mana issues, and you shouldn't, use SoR during the trash waves, and SoV when she lands.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko
    I might have to try this.

Do you guys use addons to keep track of the debuff on multiple parts?

I just look but am curious to know if there is anything better.
    I use Classtimers to show my focus's (Kolo's) stacks- An easly place to practice is either the SMC or IF dummies: They are close enough together that you can just tab over to the other target without moving like on Kologarn.

Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra24
    If you don't have mana issues, and you shouldn't, use SoR during the trash waves, and SoV when she lands.
    ^

well technically isnt it a net dps loss to build 3 stacks without a focustarget on the body and doing every style strictly on the body (over /cast [target=focus])? you would have 3 times the rampup time without sealproccs otherwise...

I posted a thread on The WoW forums of a potential bug with double stacking on Kologarn. Not sure if amyone else is having similar problems. I'd stack up 5 on the body, switch to the arm, and MAYBE get 1 or 2 stacks, then fall off. I saw multiple melée swings, was hitting with CS, and even tried adjusting my positioning. Nothing worked.

I switched to SoR, and averaged almost 6.2k with better than average(but not amazing) gear. Would like to see what a stacked Ret could do... Or even one that could maintain stacks on the hand and body with SoV.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    I posted a thread on The WoW forums of a potential bug with double stacking on Kologarn. Not sure if amyone else is having similar problems. I'd stack up 5 on the body, switch to the arm, and MAYBE get 1 or 2 stacks, then fall off. I saw multiple melée swings, was hitting with CS, and even tried adjusting my positioning. Nothing worked.

I switched to SoR, and averaged almost 6.2k with better than average(but not amazing) gear. Would like to see what a stacked Ret could do... Or even one that could maintain stacks on the hand and body with SoV.
    Are you hit capped and expertise capped? Once you build but your stacks on Kologarn, you have about 4 chances melee a new stack- 3 melee hits to build up on the arm, and the last one to melee on Kolo himself to refresh his stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Had about 6,7k on him last night but couldn't keep up the stacks on all 3 targets for the whole fight :/.
    And i think using SoR over SoV on a 2 Target boss is garbage as this is exactly where SoV is best, as 2 Dots are far better than an extra Seal proc on Divine storm every 10 seconds, while still being rather easy to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhaluke
    Why's everyone talking about Razorscale P1? Those adds are so weak that this boss is usually doable with heavy lags or 20% of the raid missing or a Twink group, so I really don't care about losing like 300 dps on divine storms.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Had about 6,7k on him last night but couldn't keep up the stacks on all 3 targets for the whole fight :/.
    And i think using SoR over SoV on a 2 Target boss is garbage as this is exactly where SoV is best, as 2 Dots are far better than an extra Seal proc on Divine storm every 10 seconds, while still being rather easy to keep up.

Why's everyone talking about Razorscale P1? Those adds are so weak that this boss is usually doable with heavy lags or 20% of the raid missing or a Twink group, so I really don't care about losing like 300 dps on divine storms.

Its too hard to keep the DoT on all 3 (both arms and the body) at once- Stick to DPSing [his] right arm and the body at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark

Its too hard to keep the DoT on all 3 (both arms and the body) at once- Stick to DPSing [his] right arm and the body at the same time.
    I actually tried it just because it is hard to manage :P, but failed because switching targets is rather unhandy at him :!.