Quote Originally Posted by Alveredus
I think we'll be losing the old maps. There are too many issues with keeping them active and there's no way Blizzard would want old players and new players segregated while leveling.

I personally think they will "give away" the revamped 1-60 content, minus new races and classes. That may be shocking for WoW but it isn't really that shocking by MMO standards if you look at games like City of Heroes, which has had radical revamps and large zones replaced "for free".

If you consider that Vanilla WoW is $20 and includes $15 worth of gametime, they're basically giving Vanilla away for $5 anyway.

So my thought is... Why not make Cataclysm include Vanilla (but not TBC or WotLK) and include a month of gametime (something other MMO expansions do) and market it at a $50 price point?

Meanwhile, yes, anyone who doesn't upgrade does get new 1-60 content. But anybody new to WoW just buys Cataclysm as Vanilla leaves the shelves. Cataclysm includes Vanilla.

Really, with Vanilla being $5 and the losses from Chinese servers, they should just make Vanilla WoW accounts free (gametime not included).

Just download the trial and start paying a monthly fee to continue. Or simply require a Cataclysm upgrade to continue playing 1-60.

ok if you just have the 1st wow and install it and try to play it wont let you play you still have to dl all the patches for bc/wolk even if you dont have them so when the new xp comes out you will still have to dl the new patch so that means the the content is going to change no matter what if the zones get flooded and you only have the first wow yiu will see the same thing ex if you have the firse wow but not the outhers you can still get on the zep to northerland but when it gomes time to go to the loading screen it just ports you to the org gy its not like the zep or the dark portal isnt thare just bc you donot have the ep's