Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Concept - Warlock New (Shard)system

I love it how you made a fine example for this system, I would love it doing dps with this system, seeying the current one makes me feel like a mage...
    Even though I would like it to see this system on live, I think there would be to much QQ about it.

For 1, there wont be a perfect rotation anymore. People have to figure out a new rotation to do nice DPS, and they just dont want that kind of stuff.
    Second, This means Blizzard has to make a soulshard Attack to regen health (Could be HoT like), but also something in reverse (Sacrifice HP to gain a shard).
    Third, All attacks have to change. No more mana means that every attack needs to be remade into a "propper" health system.

Also to those saying attacks that large AE attacks from bosses would leave the locks alone, remember that we would use Health instead of mana. Our health would go down every single attack we use, so there is a good chance we would die in the same attacks. The thing that would be lame though, is that we might need more healers in the raid assigned to the warlocks...

I personally would love a system like this, it just seems like something that needs way to much more work for Blizzard to do...
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5

I personally would love a system like this, it just seems like something that needs way to much more work for Blizzard to do...

PFTTTTTTTTTTTT....................

if blizzard took the time to drag death knights into this realm, then having enough time to make paladins stupid crazy oP, then they have enough time to make our soul shards kick ass, enuf said

Sounds sweet to me, you should post this on a legit WoW forum, maybe it will be noticed...

This is quite cool. kinda scary though, means locks would need some extra attention from healers in raids :P

I am sad to have to inform you that you should go back and see why did they nerf demonology and Voidwalker tanks...and then, look at what you are suggesting...(here's a clue : a clothie with almost 40k life).

I appreciate the OP for taking the time to put this together, it's an interesting idea. This will not be implemented for the simple reason of this being a complete class overhaul the extent of which has never been seen before. A complete resource system change is unprecedented, and in this case it looks like you are going from mana to pseudo-rage. It would most likely require rebalancing from square one, and I think blizzard has learned their lesson from deathknights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by power-akama
    I am sad to have to inform you that you should go back and see why did they nerf demonology and Voidwalker tanks...and then, look at what you are suggesting...(here's a clue : a clothie with almost 40k life).
    You 'll be using hp in order to damage your opponents and the current warlock could use the hp buff so they can actually survive in arena/pvp

a warlock at 50% hp = a warlock with full hp and 0% mana

So if healers just keep locks above the 50% they should be good

Well as expected some ppl like it others dont 8)

Thank you all for your comments

10+ Year Old Account

Using health instead of mana? As a former TK master of SWG, we had a saying for a class like this:
    "I bet I can kill me before you kill me" because they used thier health like a mana pool as well.
    Sure the warlock will never go OOM with a healer, but what about leveling, soloing dailies, farming mats? I think the shard system should be more like the DK rune system, consumable resource seperate from mana. Leave mana bars as is.

As a side note, I would like to see a spell using your shard system that allows you to channel 1 to all 10 of your shards into it. Press to start cast, press again to launch spell. More shards -> more damage.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account

Throw Shard
    Reagent - 1 Soul Shard
    .5s Cast Time

You throw a soul shard at your opponent, dealing more than 30 physical damage.

R.I.P. YARG

It would be interesting to get something other than mana since it really isn't an issue but I doubt they'd do something that drastic.

Beautiful idea and truly unique , but....... NO! I like how my lock plays "If it aint broke dont fix it"

instead of mana, we could use Shadow as our power. Imagine using Shadow Fire spells, that would rock.

something like this but more towards the "shadow" color side

when we use Demon armor our fire and shadow spells turn this color

and when we use Fel armor our fire and shadow spells turn this color

I like those ideas.
    GJ OP.

unique ideas but they wont implement this till at least beta for 4.0..... way to much balance ideas.......... and this is a pusedo-rune system essentially

Way to go champs...You are actually getting something close to this in Cata..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Winnah
    Way to go champs...You are actually getting something close to this in Cata..
    I just read the Class Discussions - Q&A, im really excited about the changes we still keep mana but we get the shard bar ^^

Oh do you guys also notice the cool pet name ? i just did, me wants !!