Deleted

Help with macro, two dispells in one.

So I've rerolled resto druid, and would like to have a macro that dispells Poison without a modifier, and curses with CTRL mod. This is what I got so far:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][help][target=player] Abolish Poison

But when I add the exact same thing, just with a modifier: ctrl at the beginning, it will just cast Abolish Poison. What am I doing wrong? (Not so good with macros.)

This is what I tried with:

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier: ctrl,target=mouseover,help,nodead][help][target=player] Remove Curse

Doesn't work at all.
    Oh and, wouldn't a Macro Help sticky thread be a good idea?

Re: Help with macro, two dispells in one.

Add: "Nomodifier: ctrl" to

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticae
    Add: "Nomodifier: ctrl" to
    Where exactly in the macro? I've tried in the beginning, in an own [] box, but still it doesn't seem to work.. :-\

/cast [nomodifier: ctrl,target=mouseover,help,nodead][help][target=player] Abolish Poison

By the way you can change modifier/nomodifier by mod/nomod.

It doesn't work for two reasons:

This line activates wether you press ctrl or not because it doesn't check wether you pressed it.

/cast [modifier: ctrl,target=mouseover,help,nodead][help][target=player] Remove Curse

This is like saying [modifier: ctrl,target=mouseover,help,nodead] OR [help] OR [target=player]... meaning on the first part it checks for ctrl - you have to add it to all 3. So your macro would be:

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl,target=mouseover,help,nodead][modifier:ctrl,help][modifier:ctrl,target=player] Remove Curse

This way if you pressed ctrl it will try those 3 things, on that order, and won't do the second line as you are on global cooldown. When you had it the other way around it always did the first thing, which didn't require you pressing ctrl... that's why Hereticae suggested you check if it wasn't pressed.
    Then, you can improve it to:

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl,target=mouseover,help,nodead][modifier:ctrl,help][modifier:ctrl,target=player] Remove Curse
    /stopmacro [mod:ctrl]

This way it stops if you pressed ctrl, instead of trying to do the second line while on gcd... this avoid the error sound/message.

edit: typos.