Thread: Most fun spec?

Most fun spec?

This thread is simple, which spec do you find the most overall fun, whether for PvE or PvP (specify which by the way, as I myself am only involved in PvE currently since I'm leveling).

I was Frost up until around 70 where I tried out Fire. That became kind of grueling. Last night I was so bored on my Fire mage I finally decided to give Arcane a try, and I think I like it way more. I don't see how anyone can be thrilled by playing a Fire mage.

I think I enjoy Arcane/Frost more simply because there is more to do than just hitting two or three buttons in every situation.
    Nothing.

Re: Most fun spec?

The rogue assasination/subtely pvp spec ^^ I have a lot of fun stunning priest and warlocks, and giving them no posibility to react hahaha

EDIT: Oh sorry, I didn't see that the post come from the mage forum. Sorry.

Arcane definitely, especially after it gets tweaked in 3.2.2

I like frosts "tricks" (Icebarrier, Frostbite/Nova, Waterelemental)... fun to solo stuff as frost.

FFB is fun because it looks cool and crits high.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Fire (ttw/fb) = pve (highest numbers)
    frost (20/0/51) = Arena ( Best survivability / Utility)
    Arcane = Battlegrounds / Interesting and competitive pve dps ( Highest Burst )
    You can also try pvp fire specs that can be interesting in bg's with living bomb change but i don't suggest taking them into arena.

For me, the most fun spec was deep-ice while lvling, very good cooldowns, highest survivaliblity (or how you spell this) and monsters won't reach you.
    This is followed by arcane, due to its rotation.
    I had the least fun with fire, because all you need is to keep living bomb/improved scorch up and then spam fireball.

Arcane, I find myself dominating in pvp the most as arcane, I've been playing arcane though before it was 'cool' when they facelifted all the talent trees before wrath came out though so maybe i'm just used to it. I just love slapping slow on someone(and being able to do it repeatedly, and instant cast) compared to the slowing abilities of frost. As a gnome, being able to get in a good out-of-sight spot and drill someone with arcane blast and have them try to find you because AB doesnt leave a trail is a big advantage, flinging instant cast barrages.. having a ton of spell resist.. having more armor based on int.. having more spellpower and huge crit bursts than the other two specs. It just feels more fun overall. Instant invis has saved my butt a good number of times as well.

Fire, I was tinkering around with fire though with my dual spec and stacking living bomb on 7-8 mobs when doing dailies, getting them to chase you and blow themselves up one by one is pretty fun to play with. Also dragon's breathing someone, throwing down the instant flamestrike, following it instantly with a blast wave knockback and another instant flame strike right next to the first one so they get hit with 4 uncontrollable fire blasts in a row can be a pretty fun combo on melee in pvp. blazing speed + rocket boots is pretty crazy as well.. I just don't find myself doing the overall dps that i did with Arcane(I'm not a full-time raider and only have full valorous.. i dont think i have the gear for the super cool fireball spec that outshines arcane)

Frost, I've.. never really been a fan of frost. I've kind of loathed other mages that prefered frost as the dominant spec. I felt like they were gimping their dps if they raided and they were just going with the easy choice in pvp. I love fighting frost mages as arcane though, it's so easy to rip them to shreds. I will admit though that the deep freeze stun (before the ptr fix to it when it did damage) was pretty awesome. Being able to nova things froma distance with the elemental and slam down huge blizzards is great for AOE grinding and used to be the way I'd kill 15 scourge at once for my argent tourny daily before they changed that in 3.2. It has its benefits and is pretty great for surviving in pvp.. I just feel like i'm not doing a whole ton of damage and it's not very entertaining to play. Personal opinion.

Overall, i've been a fan of arcane since arcane blast was introduced, even though i'd raid back then as fire to maximize dps, i'd always miss being arcane and I'm glad we have dual specs now.. I'm pve raid arcane/pvp arcane and loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernalash
    The rogue assasination/subtely pvp spec ^^ I have a lot of fun stunning priest and warlocks, and giving them no posibility to react hahaha

EDIT: Oh sorry, I didn't see that the post come from the mage forum. Sorry.
    IT'S A ROGUE. GET HIM!

My mage is only in the low 70s still, but I've definitely enjoyed frost the most so far. I've got 2 of the heirloom trinkets, and I AoE those rhino packs in borean tundra. There's something about killing 10 mobs and ending with more mana than you started that is just plain awesome.

If you're talking pvp, and you are a good and knowledgeable mage, fire is most fun!

Honestly... frost... Maybes thats just cause im so competitive and i hate dying to bads in BGs.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend