cant get hodir hard mode

hodir 25 man

we are getting hodir to aobut 5% each time before he breaks the cache....

our biggest problem seems like not getting the iceblocks out fast enough..do u guys assign who breaks out which iceblock?

how many ppl and which classes do u guys assign to iceblocks, and which one on bosses?

Re: cant get hodir hard mode

Probably get the melee on it, or basically anyone...
    Those buffs are priority over smacking the boss with none.
    Just yell at your raiders to go and kill it and hopefully your melee are bringing the storm buffs to the casters if they need it and the casters are keeping up the Fire Stacks.

It helps alot by getting the Mages out ASAP, they cast debuffs on other iceblocks that do insane dmg which makes it all go a hole lot faster.

You don't have to break all the blocks, after the pull we only ever free the mages.

And remember to share stormpower buffs etc.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    You don't have to break all the blocks, after the pull we only ever free the mages.
    Bad advice. It's dumb not to break out all the iceblocks every time. I'm not even sure hardmode is doable without the adds unless you greatly outgear the encounter. In any event, it's making your job a lot harder. Prio should be given to the mages. Mark them so people know who to break out first (you have to /tar them to put up marks).

ALL DPS should be breaking out iceblocks before going to the boss. This is better than assigning a few people to it because the sooner you get them out, the sooner you can start using their incredible buffs. The only time when you should leave iceblocks is if you're less than 10% or so away from killing him and just want to burn the boss.

The other major component of this fight is managing buffs. This is why it's important to break out all the adds. You don't get that amazing 50% haste light beam without the moonkins and you don't get the crit bonus without the shaman. And the priests dispells free up your healers.

Everyone should be doing everything they can to get all the buffs possible. The tank should maneuver the boss so that melee can get light beams. People with the lightning buff should be spreading it to the dps (we drag the first one to the tank to help with initial threat).

DPS should be very high. No on should be doing less than 8k. Some of our DPS crests 16k. If you have a DPS or two that is consistently low, make sure they understand the buffs. Chances are they're just standing by a fire rather than moving to light beams. Fires are for Healers. DPS should be moving to beams (this is not to say they shouldn't be trying to get both, singed is very strong as well - but it is greatly eclipsed by 50% haste).

This is a low healer fight. We normally take four though we have done it with three when we felt saucy. Five is probably too many. The worst of the damage is avoidable. Literally no one should be hit by falling ice and if someone gets frozen, you need to have a serious chat with them. People should be keeping their Biting Cold stacks low or non existent.

If you have a Holy Pally, Aura Mastery on Frozen Blows is your friend.

Edit: The normal version is outdated, but the HM strat on StratFu is good. http://www.stratfu.com/strats/CacheWasRare
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rullis
    Get a priest to mindvision on the iceblock mages are in, and then mark the mages - NOT THE ICEBLOCKS.

Get 2-3 ranged to free the mages all the time. It works with only 1 person if they still have the stormbuff.
    /tar miss works better. Well, on 10 man, not sure what the other mage's name is

how many ppl do u guys assign to break out the iceblocks? How many ppl do u assign ppl to stay on boss?

Also for storm cloud buff, we usually have 1 uber caster group, where we have whoever gets the storm cloud buff to run to, but sometimes, i noticed we can get 2 storm cloud buffs..if this is the case, where should the 2nd storm cloud go to?

Also, we've been cutting it close each time, to about 5% each time before the time expires, we just cant pull that extra dps...

how much dps should the melee be doing? i noticed some melee were sitting in the 5k-6k range (dk's, warriors, ret pally, feral druid)

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    Bad advice. It's dumb not to break out all the iceblocks every time.
    The Mages break ice blocks on their own. Free the Mages to maintain Singed to keep your caster DPS sky-high, then let the Mages do the rest of the freeing while the DPS... DPSes.

It's how we've done it every time we've killed it and the only time we don't make the 3m mark is when someone screws up and dies early.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    The Mages break ice blocks on their own. Free the Mages to maintain Singed to keep your caster DPS sky-high, then let the Mages do the rest of the freeing while the DPS... DPSes.
    Exactly.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

People actually wipe on the easiest ''Hard'' modes? Lol'd

we have ranged break out the blocks, leave rogues and warriors on the boss. Push all storm clouds onto melee, profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracocide
    Last night was the first time I ever tried hodir hard mode. We broke out ALL the NPC's because our mage said they'll do more damage than we can. We ended up killing him with a minute left with only 3 people doing above 6k dps(Warlock and I[Spriest] with 9 and 10k and the Ele Shaman with 12k)

Basically, if I were you, I'd tell your raid to break out all the NPC's.
    This is 10man, you could do 10man hardmode without even using a single npc...
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

Deleted

Bad advice. It's dumb not to break out all the iceblocks every time. I'm not even sure hardmode is doable without the adds unless you greatly outgear the encounter.
    Completely wrong. Never freed all of them on any hard mode kill. Free the mages, and if you are struggling for DPS, perhaps a shaman also, then back on the boss. The mages will cast Melt Ice on the other blocks which will free all the other NPC's in a short space of time.

As was said elsewhere, spread the storm power to casters, also, only bring one tank and 4 healers (some do it with 3) for 25 Man

Quote Originally Posted by Bainz
    Probably get the melee on it, or basically anyone...
    Those buffs are priority over smacking the boss with none.
    Just yell at your raiders to go and kill it and hopefully your melee are bringing the storm buffs to the casters if they need it and the casters are keeping up the Fire Stacks.
    Don't have melee get on the Ice Tombs, they lose way to much uptime on Hodir and that will be bad.

Make sure your casters are standing next to a Fire instead of in the Moonwells. Because the Fire allows you to cast constantly and not have to reposition. If you're in the Moonwells you have to move and keep off stacks, which is bad. Your DPS may read higher due to the faster cast but in the long run it will be lower because you'll have less uptime on Hodir. In actuality the Fires are a bigger DPS increase.

And Melee scale better with the Stormcloud than Casters from what I recall. Our Feral druid goes from like 6k DPS to 11k with the Stormcloud, Rogue from 5k to 9k, etc. And again, you don't want melee getting off Hodir to handle Iceblocks or handing out Stormclouds, they have to stay on Hodir for the *entire* fight.

A small tip would be to let the tank first pull. I realized that some of the time our raiders would get trigger happy as the tank was running in and start opening on the Ice Tombs, and that would shave off a good 3 seconds before the tank gets Hodir in place and get threat situated and everything.

Make sure no one gets Flash Frozen becuase even if one person gets Flash Frozen it's game over. Having a person get FF'n easily takes 3 to 4 people off the boss momentarily (The person in the Ice Tomb and the 2 or 3 people it takes to free him/her.) So, no Flash Freezes, you cannot afford them, at all. If 1 person gets Flash Frozen they are SOL, you'll just have to let them sit in the Frost Tomb until the next Flash Freeze kills them so everyone can stay on the boss. But to be honest I'd just call for a wipe if anyone gets FF'd.