Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

And yet again GC shows knowledge!

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priest
    Mandatory talents
    No. We're no longer in the business of giving specs a talent or ability that is so awesome that you just have to get brought to a raid. A raid should be able to function without a Shadow priest. They should want you because you're a good player, not because your presence passively makes everyone else better regardless of your individual skill.

Now we don't want you to be a liability, which is why we want Shadow damage to be proportionately higher than it was in BC and why we want Shadow to have great utility, including Replenishment and Vampiric Embrace. No, VE is not mandatory. Yes, other specs can bring Replenishment. That's so not every raid needs an X before they can enter the instance.

Do we see Shadow priests in raids, even in very uber guilds attempting hard modes? Yes. All the time. (Source)

i dunno what to say -_-

maybe you do?

/discuss
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

Re: And yet again GC shows knowledge!

gg

Brudish

I dont get it..

While I'll usually find any opportunity to engage in GC bashing, I really don't see anything too egregious here.

(1) I like bringing good players over "must have" class/specs.
    (2) I like that buffs like replenishment are shared over multiple class/specs.
    (3) I see Spriests in raids. I see Spriests in my raid. I see Spriests in Uber guilds.

Where's the controversy?

i believe the joke is in the last sentence, top end guilds attempting hard modes aren't bringing spriests "all the time"

Quote Originally Posted by wannaspoon
    i believe the joke is in the last sentence, top end guilds attempting hard modes aren't bringing spriests "all the time"
    But they do... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    yea but i think this is OP's creative way to QQ that shadow needs a dps buff.

This thread should not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightyboy
    code geass [=
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

Deleted

We´ve been searching for two good shadow priests for about two months now and can´t find one...

Deleted

We're no longer in the business of giving specs a talent or ability that is so awesome that you just have to get brought to a raid.

Bloodlust/Heroism much?

Yeah, not a spec etc. but that one ability is pretty much all the reason you need to bring a shaman to a raid, if he's not totaly incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by iluwen_de
    We´ve been searching for two good shadow priests for about two months now and can´t find one...
    as you said "good" shadowpriests might not exist.. but thats not the class but the player.. as with most classes

Well the thing is shadow priest is heavily depandant on raid buffs and encounter type, try being "dps" in thorim p1 50% of your dmg done will be mind sear if in arena, gauntlet is total fail on small adds, however in 25s i can with mostly 219 ilvl gear squeeze about 5k dps, but then again, i need shaman and boomkin around.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat
    I got full epic before losing my virginity :P

Quote Originally Posted by one_entity
    We're no longer in the business of giving specs a talent or ability that is so awesome that you just have to get brought to a raid.

Bloodlust/Heroism much?

Yeah, not a spec etc. but that one ability is pretty much all the reason you need to bring a shaman to a raid, if he's not totaly incompetent.
    In 25s, I bring Feral and boomkin for buffs.
    Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightyboy
    ^

if your guild doesnt bring you to raids cuz your dps sux you should consider learning how to play your class and do more dps?

10+ Year Old Account

Played my priest very casually during BC and I can't say I see much wrong in GC's response to Anail's comment as Blizzards bring the player not the class maxim has been stated ad infinitum. However relatively to other classes are shadow priests doing more DPS in Woltk than in BC or have they simply lost some utility?

reminds me of TBC some guy posted a vid of the purpose he wanted as a spriest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynjIoymWHvU

MANA MANA!

Quote Originally Posted by Vashta
    Could you please tell me why?

The buffs that feral druids and boomkins bring can be provided by other class/specs.

Leader of the Pack <-> Rampage
    Faerie Fire <-> CoW
    Demo Roar<->Demo Shout/Imp CoW
    Mangle <-> Trauma

Imp Moonkin <-> Swift Retribution
    Moonkin Aura <-> Elemental Oath
    Insect Swarm <-> Scorpid Sting
    Earth&Moon <-> CoE/EbonPB
    Imp Faerie Fire <-> Misery

There aren't any "required" buffs that can only be brought by one class/spec. There are a few than can only be brought by one class (IE--Heroism, PW:F, BoK, etc).

If you think top end guilds don't bring/recruit Spriests, then there is little I can do to convince you. Either you are in a top guild that doesn't have a Spriest, or your not in a top guild and you are speaking from what you've seen from Spriests pugging Naxx. All I can tell you is check the rosters.

Again, as much as it pains me, GC actually said something coherent, if not unnecessary and obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by dddmaster
    ^

if your guild doesnt bring you to raids cuz your dps sux you should consider learning how to play your class and do more dps?
    You see..
    my guild still bring me to the raids.

Bring the player, not the class <-- You remember?!

but that doesnt mean the class doesnt have issues!
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu