need help maximising dps

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ects&n=Hoxford
    i have a major problem with my dps output. havent played this char since 3.1 release, started playing a week ago and for some unknown reason cant go over 3.5k dps. i use LB-scorchx2-ffb rotation.
    help plx

Re: need help maximising dps

Well for one, you aren't glyphed for scorch so it would be scorchx5.

Second you are either way above or just below hit cap depending on your group makeup. If you don't have a shadowpriest/boomkin, you need 367 hit. If you do have one, you need 289 hit. Clearly you don't have a draenei.

Now you just need more gear. Run heroics and get 2pcT8.5 (Head/chest). Also buy the items with conquest badges. They are better than what you have. When you have more gear, you'll do more dps. The end.

Oh yeah, maximize cooldowns. Your spec includes Combustion and Icy Veins, use them to your advantage.

Re: need help maximising dps

Quoting blue post sums it up(besides get better gear):

Mage
    Mages concerns
    Fire is more about responding to what is going on in the fight.

When I say we want Fire to be about cooldowns, I meant that lining up your spells at the right time is the hallmark of a great Fire mage. I know a lot of players will say either LOL mages just spam one button, or else LOL mage dps is entirely RNG. I don’t believe either to be true, and the evidence supporting this conclusion is that there are mages who can do much higher damage than other mages, consistently and with similar gear. This suggests there is a much higher skill component to mage dps than even some mages want to acknowledge. A lot of that skill component for Fire / Frostfire comes in doing things at the right time.

What those things are you are supposed to manage come in several tiers: first are Scorch, Living Bomb and Hot Streak. Yes Hot Streak has an RNG component, but not entirely so. Players still have some control over it.

Second are things like Icy Veins, Combustion, Molten Fury, trinkets and even things like Flame Caps. Yes, I know that both Fire and Frostfire mages don’t always take all of those talents. A note on Combustion in a minute.

Third are more external cooldowns like say Bloodlust and Power Infusion. Yes, other classes benefit from these too. But mages can inflate their damage dramatically when they line these up with their other cooldowns. In the BC days, a mage who really focused on that last 20% of a fight could see their dps nearly double. (I acknowledge this was a bigger factor when Combustion was a bigger contributor.)

Fourth are factors that have less of an effect overall. I’m talking about things like PoM and Firestarter (not included in most raiding builds), and Focus Magic and Torment the Weak (not trivial, but generally up nearly all the time too).

Combustion isn’t good enough right now. We get that. Fire used to be more about cooldown stacking when Combustion meant more. The problem is that we’re happy with Fire damage.