At least they know Combustion is broken

But really, I couldn't care less if they buffed Combustion without nerfing anything. So what if the mages get free DPS, they've been nerfing hard modes into joke fights, it's not like anything is hard now (except Yogg 0). Mages aren't doing "jaw-dropping DPS" just fix Combustion and give them free DPS.

Re: At least they know Combustion is broken

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik
    But really, I couldn't care less if they buffed Combustion without nerfing anything. So what if the mages get free DPS, they've been nerfing hard modes into joke fights, it's not like anything is hard now (except Yogg 0). Mages aren't doing "jaw-dropping DPS" just fix Combustion and give them free DPS.
    link armory please.
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Ring&n=Rahdik

Good luck looking at it, all I've gotten the past week is File not found errors.

If you meant my mage

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ng&n=Spencicle

Also good luck looking at it. Spencicle is not my main anymore, I switched to my rogue about 2 months ago.

it's not like anything is hard now (except Yogg 0).
    So you've done algalon and yogg+1? Hats off to you sir!
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    could we atleast stay on topic and stop flaming? who care what he did and did not do. on my part, i think combustion is quite silly, with the crit we have in the first place, the buff it gives come almost useless.
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber
    Working on Algalon 10 man, our guild has already done it (not me), twice, but we've been phasing people in and out to get them experience with the fight. Also worked on Yogg +1 while I played my mage, not a hard fight, just takes getting used to.

10 man you say? Whoopdie doo. To which I reply, maybe so, but the experience for the 25 man helps. If you really want to compare e-peens, we've got Mim and Freya and Yogg HM left, then Algalon. Now you know how big my weiner is, laugh at it however often you want.

@Milamber: I agree, which is why I think haste or straight damage boost is what it should be changed to. Although in all honesty, I hate the Fire tree because it has so many talents giving crit boost to random specific spells. I don't understand why all Fire spells can't have the same critical strike chance.

Recklessness essentially does what combustion does, on a longer cooldown, and also makes the warrior take additional damage fior the duration.

If combustion is broken, so is recklessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsujin
    Recklessness essentially does what combustion does, on a longer cooldown, and also makes the warrior take additional damage fior the duration.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    No, Vanish isn’t working properly and breaks when you breathe on the rogue funny.

They way you want Combustion to work is that the charges are used from your Fireballs only, you want to get a guaranteed Hot Steak.

Currently, too many spell crits eat up Combustion charges when you don't want them to.

Sure saying a talent is broken just because it doesn't do what you want it to might be dumb, except that when it doesn't work it's a giant waste of a talent point. SUP RNG.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+Ring&n=Rahdik

Good luck looking at it, all I've gotten the past week is File not found errors.

If you meant my mage

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ng&n=Spencicle

Also good luck looking at it. Spencicle is not my main anymore, I switched to my rogue about 2 months ago.

--OffTopic----

Hi Spencicle!! Sup from, you guessed it, Gasillio ;D

--OnTopic--

See no. Recklessness works. Combustion doesn't. Why? Living Bomb. The DOT ticks which occur quite frequently eat your combustion charges. Would you rather 2 fireball crits or 2 living bomb crits? The problem is, the living bomb crits are worthless toward hot streak procs. The fireball crits, on the other hand, are not worthless. So having our crit chance eaten by a DOT which prevents a proc is broken.

Isn't recklessness trained? Combustion is a 31pt talent, it should actually do something worthwhile in normal situations

Quote Originally Posted by Ordius
    Isn't recklessness trained? Combustion is a 31pt talent, it should actually do something worthwhile in normal situations
    Isn't Combustion not restricted to you using a certain Mage Armor spell?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Isn't Combustion not restricted to you using a certain Mage Armor spell?
    When I look at Warr 30 pointers I see vigilance, mortal strike, and blood thirst thoes are some pretty nice 30 point talents when compared to combustion with the current crit % that mages now have and with it being consumed by LB dots no?

I mean when I had next to no crit in vanilla I loved combustion it was a huge boost...but now it has not scaled with the changes to the class what so ever!

think it sucks how combustion tics off of living bomb dots... and it takes one of the garunteed crits from you

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher
    When I look at Warr 30 pointers I see vigilance, mortal strike, and blood thirst thoes are some pretty nice 30 point talents when compared to combustion with the current crit % that mages now have and with it being consumed by LB dots no?

I mean when I had next to no crit in vanilla I loved combustion it was a huge boost...but now it has not scaled with the changes to the class what so ever!
    When i look at priest Ï see a lightwell, what? a lightwell! Fix that first imo

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher

In all honesty. Being forced to take talents because they're essential isn't fun.

MS and BT are more a curse than a blessing..

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    In all honesty. Being forced to take talents because they're essential isn't fun.

MS and BT are more a curse than a blessing..
    Right and wrong, forced to taking talents that arent utilized by user preference isnt fun, we call it Torment the Weak, you know 12% more damage and without it our top 2 raiding specs would be worthless.

Taking a new ability, ala new attack, or new CD is fun...well unless you like spamming Heroic Strike the entre time you raid.

New abilities and CDs define your spec.

And to the Recklessness vs Combustion its not really comparable. Now if Recklessness read, your next 3 attacks will be crits, and were consumed by white hits, then I would say you know what we are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Drakuru
    When i look at priest Ï see a lightwell, what? a lightwell! Fix that first imo
    QFT as far as I am concerned.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

leave combustion as is, its one point I can save to put into fire range.

it is still a decent talent for people who are fresh to 80 and can then be specced out of once geared.

15+ Year Old Account

Combustion is a really useless spell as it is right now, on most fights i hardly get any use out of it. I use it and before i even finish my 2nd fireball its usually gone already. On stuff like yogg+0 its like insta gone having LB on the marked adds and yogg.