Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: To break 4pc bonus or not

Personally most the time the set bonuses are more benifical then a few extra stats, though sometimes the 4 set isn't that good.

It also depends greatly on how you play and how often you use (can use) the abilities the 4 set bonus enhances.

In your case i would stay with 4 set bonus and wait till you can get the 2 set bonus, either that or go get the hands for T8 (so you have all 5) then have the helm, but this probabily wouldn't be worth the hassle.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    you sure Blizz cant be that cruel?
    il know for sure in the next 15 days (less if i do Koralon or ToC)

btw grats on the weapon Swampy
    Thanks

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks guys. I'm just gonna stick with what my gear is right now, hopefully I can get my Gloves tonight and swap out my helms. Take it easy fellas, and may the Light be with you and all that Elune stuff.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Thanks
    damn you swampmoose! i want that weapon :>
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Taken from EJ. Credit to Arikah

T9 is of course better than all previous gear, because of a great 2pc and a huge itemlevel jump (from 226 to 258?!). Time will tell if the 4pc is better or worse than offset gear, but equipping 2pc T9 is a must.

Maths:
    RV damage average: 7% of our total dps
    Average critrate in a raid: 45%
    (45*7)% = 3.15

2pc: Allowing RV ticks to crit results in a ~3% dps boost, which is by far the best 2pc we have had so far. As is the case with most wrath sets, this scales with your gear (as more STR increases the dot strength, and more crit means it will crit more often). Expect to see this used everywhere, in both pve and pvp.

4pc: 5% more crit to our judgements is paltry and probably our worst set bonus in wotlk. It works out to a ~0.5% dps increase.

Yea so a 3% increase to total dps is certainly one of the best bonuses ever. Get it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    So 44 AP > 15 Exp rating, even if that 44 AP drops me to 25 Expertise skill(on my character sheet)?
    yes.

Check it in rawr.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBucky
    Taken from EJ. Credit to Arikah

T9 is of course better than all previous gear, because of a great 2pc and a huge itemlevel jump (from 226 to 258?!). Time will tell if the 4pc is better or worse than offset gear, but equipping 2pc T9 is a must.

Maths:
    (45*7)% = 3.15

2pc: Allowing RV ticks to crit results in a ~3% dps boost, which is by far the best 2pc we have had so far. As is the case with most wrath sets, this scales with your gear (as more STR increases the dot strength, and more crit means it will crit more often). Expect to see this used everywhere, in both pve and pvp.

4pc: 5% more crit to our judgements is paltry and probably our worst set bonus in wotlk. It works out to a ~0.5% dps increase.

Yea so a 3% increase to total dps is certainly one of the best bonuses ever. Get it asap.
    Thank you for quoting the same post I already acknowledged. Notice that the numbers are all hypothetical. I haven't seen anyone confirm that the RV DoT critical chance=your critical chance. While I would love for it to, I seriously doubt that Blizzard would give us a 2pc bonus that's actually worth a damn. The WotLK bonuses have been okay thus far but this one just seems too good to be true.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBucky
    Maths:
    (45*7)% = 3.15

Well that number looks to high to me with my gear it comes to about 2% WITH 4pc t8, which you will need to sacrifice to get 2pc t9, but still looks promising.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Thank you for quoting the same post I already acknowledged. Notice that the numbers are all hypothetical. I haven't seen anyone confirm that the RV DoT critical chance=your critical chance. While I would love for it to, I seriously doubt that Blizzard would give us a 2pc bonus that's actually worth a damn. The WotLK bonuses have been okay thus far but this one just seems too good to be true.
    Last work I did with the PTR, RV had about a 5% chance to crit over a 15 minute DPS phase, which turns out to be a very small DPS increase (0.35% increase).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    you sure Blizz cant be that cruel?
    il know for sure in the next 15 days (less if i do Koralon or ToC)

btw grats on the weapon Swampy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Last work I did with the PTR, RV had about a 5% chance to crit over a 15 minute DPS phase, which turns out to be a very small DPS increase (0.35% increase).
    Here was the screen shot:

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    jawbone
    It was a pre-made character from before we got far in Uld 25 man.

Ronark, I just used you on the EJ forums. Just a heads up. Page 23 of the Retribution 3.2 forums

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Ronark, I just used you on the EJ forums. Just a heads up. Page 23 of the Retribution 3.2 forums
    Thanks Pen.