Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Troll Druid reasons

What can be used for good, can be used for evil.

Super Saiyan analogy - To become a Super Saiyan, one must have a pure heart (this can mean pure good....or pure evil)

Jedi analogy - Balance must be preserved. Tauren/Night Elf druids represent the balancing - restorative aspects of nature. Trolls could represent the destructive - chaotic aspects of nature (like naturally occurring wildfires, or when a squirrel gets pwnd by a hawk)

So....Trolls already have the ability to take on animal forms (shape shift), are vile and nasty hearted (purity), are already close to nature (shamans), and would introduce balance to the druid arts (nature's destructive/chaotic aspects). Sounds plausible to me.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Troll Druid reasons

Reason is every other race gets a new class and trolls (lorewise) get druid. It kinda isn't logical for trolls to get paladin or warlock. Those are all my opinions but i will definetly try the troll druids out (don't like tauren)

No lore reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion
    No lore reason for it.
    Like pretty much all the other classes, or anything that is done at all. Lore is dead, Metzen is a cheap prostitute, it´s the way it is.
    My whineposts are better than yours.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Worgen and Trolls both have something feral.
    Check Gundrak btw for shapeshifting trolls!

Quote Originally Posted by Yepp
    Like pretty much all the other classes, or anything that is done at all. Lore is dead, Metzen is a cheap prostitute, it´s the way it is.
    You are an idiot sir.
    Just because Trolls could not be Druids from the start of World of Warcraft means nothing.
    Look at Zul'Aman to me that screams troll druid, bear god and others.
    and what the hell is with Trolls not fitting a warlock class? i have personally seen a handful of troll warlock NPCS
    hell even a boss in ZA.
    Metzen is not a cheap prostitute and i think you will find each new race that gets a new playable class has a reasonable explanation.

dumb hoes.

The Troll's Loa gods would imply at least a possibility of shape-shifting wouldn't it? Besides maybe Troll Druids will be from the Shatterspear tribe.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

There is lore for it. We just don't know what it is yet. Apparently to some, beecause they don't know that means it can't possibly existence. That's arrogance for you. *shrug*

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kagus
    What can be used for good, can be used for evil.

Super Saiyan analogy - To become a Super Saiyan, one must have a pure heart (this can mean pure good....or pure evil)

Jedi analogy - Balance must be preserved. Tauren/Night Elf druids represent the balancing - restorative aspects of nature. Trolls could represent the destructive - chaotic aspects of nature (like naturally occurring wildfires, or when a squirrel gets pwnd by a hawk)

So....Trolls already have the ability to take on animal forms (shape shift), are vile and nasty hearted (purity), are already close to nature (shamans), and would introduce balance to the druid arts (nature's destructive/chaotic aspects). Sounds plausible to me.

Thoughts?
    You seem to somehow have missed ZG, ZA, and Zul'drak.
    Troll druids have nothing to do with the Cenarion Circle like the Tauren (currently) and the Night Elves do, because it is druidism taught by the Night Elves and their reason for it is "balance" and to preserve nature.

Trolls on the other hand have a bond to their animal gods, the Loa, that gives them the Druid class. The game-mechanics should not be linked to how their druids will be. Heck even calling the trolls druids would probably be incorrect, perhaps something more along the lines of which Loa god a particular shapeshifter is following and what particular powers that gives would be a lore-wise proper way of naming them.

So they have absolutely nothing to do with either chaos or balance. It has to do with animal gods that are in no way wanting to preserve some balance, or to create destruction unless you might want to see towards the different gods individual ambitions. An example being the Wind Serpent god in Zul'drak, compared to the Leopard god that is there as well. Were as the Leopard god is caring and concerned about the other gods and what the Ice Trolls are doing, the Wind Serpent god is malicious and vengeful.

The different gods would be asked by their troll tribes, for advice and guidance regarding things that they might offer to help their tribes, something which the trolls worship them for and are granted their powers.

I hope that explains something

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What's up with the Troll topics btw? :P

15+ Year Old Account

pretty much the only reason for these new classes is that for years our races have intermingled so it would be hard not to learn from each other.

So if you think there's some reason that trolls shouldn't be druids well then..

Troll druids are simply voodoo priests who have proven themselves so devoted to the Loa that they are allowed to channel the spirits' power and forms as their own for a time.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz
    Troll druids have nothing to do with the Cenarion Circle like the Tauren (currently) and the Night Elves do, because it is druidism taught by the Night Elves and their reason for it is "balance" and to preserve nature.
    Those unreachable Shatterspear Trolls are awfully close to Moonglade. Once Cataclysm hits who knows what might happen?
    Then again trolls and night elfs getting along seems unlikely..

Quote Originally Posted by manelit0
    Those unreachable Shatterspear Trolls are awfully close to Moonglade. Once Cataclysm hits who knows what might happen?
    Then again trolls and night elfs getting along seems unlikely..
    "Welcome to the Cenarion Circle, troll friends!" "Tanks mon. Chu got some babies me can be eatin'?" "... Erm, you're going to have to cease the cannibalism. It reflects poorly on the rest of us." "Okay. How about loa to sacrifice?" "I'm afraid not." "... Gnomes to eat?" "Oh for the Earthmother's sake, man! What is the matter with you!" <Hamel Runetotem storms off> "... Dude, chu need ta cheel."
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    "Welcome to the Cenarion Circle, troll friends!" "Tanks mon. Chu got some babies me can be eatin'?" "... Erm, you're going to have to cease the cannibalism. It reflects poorly on the rest of us." "Okay. How about loa to sacrifice?" "I'm afraid not." "... Gnomes to eat?" "Oh for the Earthmother's sake, man! What is the matter with you!" <Hamel Runetotem storms off> "... Dude, chu need ta cheel."
    i'd like to see that in a cutscene

there is no fitting caster class ingame vor a troll

it should be something with vodoo, mixture of shadow and nature dmg and spells, like hex, curses
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yocrunch
    You are an idiot sir.
    Just because Trolls could not be Druids from the start of World of Warcraft means nothing.
    Look at Zul'Aman to me that screams troll druid, bear god and others.
    and what the hell is with Trolls not fitting a warlock class? i have personally seen a handful of troll warlock NPCS
    hell even a boss in ZA.
    Metzen is not a cheap prostitute and i think you will find each new race that gets a new playable class has a reasonable explanation.

dumb hoes.

Trolls absorbing gods does not make them druids.

The lore isn't 'dead', either. As annoying as Metzen can be, I still love the story.

Quote Originally Posted by manelit0
    i'd like to see that in a cutscene
    idd
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

15+ Year Old Account

Troll druid actually fits more than a troll shaman imo. They seem to be closer to living nature than the elemental aspect of it.

And actually troll warlocks should've been way, way more logical and fitting than troll mages. Horde just neded more mages those days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotharion

Trolls absorbing gods does not make them druids.

The lore isn't 'dead', either. As annoying as Metzen can be, I still love the story.
    Troll never absorb their gods except for those Drakkari troll in Zul'Drak. The Zandalari troll priest in Zul'Gurub ask their Loa to grant them power to fight against Hakkar the Soulflayer and they fail due to being mind control by Hakkar. The Zul'Aman priest also ask their Loa to help them with their revenge against the Horde and the Alliance.

When a Loa grant their power to a troll, that troll have the power to change into the form of their Loa. We are going to see a different sect of druidism dealing with the Loa. Due to the Drakkari troll in Zul'Drak killing their Loa, many Loa want protection so they are granting power to a few chosen troll to protect them.