Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Deathwing = Final Boss in Cataclysm. Azshara = Final Boss in Xpack 4???

Just starting to wonder whether or not we will get to actually fight both Deathwing AND Azshara in Cataclysm. I still think there is simply too much content to develop for one expansion, so I'm thinking that perhaps Cataclysm truly is JUST Azeroth.

Think about it, Deathwing and Azshara are both "introduced" this expansion. Both of course being the cause of the Cataclysm. Nazjatar and it's surrounding isles and sea floor are raised as a brand new continent. However, we dont have access to this new continent yet. We do however get to explore everything on mainland Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.

Deathwing plays a more prominent role in Cataclysm, with a climatic final showdown within Grim Batol as the final Arthas/Icecrown Citadel encounter in this expansion. Azshara is introduced and setup for Xpack IV with us finally getting access to the risen Nazjatar Continent with a proper Maelstrom Expansion. There we also get to finally also see the Broken Isles, Kezan and Zandalar. The areas of Kul Tiras, Crestfall, Zuldare, and Tol Barad are implemented in Cataclysm as new zones.

How's this for a raid tier structure sound?

Cataclysm - Expansion III

Tier 11

Blackrock Mountain - Ragnaros 2.0

or perhaps Uldum instead.

Tier 12

Ahn Qiraj - C'thun 2.0 or Cho'Gall

Tier 13

Grim Batol - Deathwing

Maelstrom - Expansion IV

Tier 14

Neputalon - Perhaps within the Tomb of Sargeras

Tier 15

The Third Old God - The one behind the corruption of the Naga.

Tier 16

Nazjatar - Azshara

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Re: Deathwing = Final Boss in Cataclysm. Azshara = Final Boss in Xpack 4???

tbh i like it, makes more sense, as there really isnt a point in having 2 major lore figures in 1 xpac

I'm going to be pissed if a bunch of the old raids come back to be the new end game content

Well I think it's pretty safe to assume we're going to at least get to see Uldum and Grim Batol as new raids. Also, if Blackrock Mountain Erupts like is rumored, I think that whatever dungeon/raid inside there would be radically different from Ubrs, BRD, and MC.

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

would also make sense for the 85 lvl cap. faster progression for basically what is one x-pac split in half
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Knowing Blizz, the graphic settings will be able to be tuned down to play on a microwave oven.

i enjoy the set up you presented and the idea of older raids being revitalized due to the cataclysm seems interesting and many people wish old content like AQ was reintroduced.

Still you forgot Hogger? shame on you : <. I think he does deserve an raid instance on his own. wich he will get!
    Where's the logic in calling that logic reason a logic?

Quote Originally Posted by FrOsTSh0cK
    tbh i like it, makes more sense, as there really isnt a point in having 2 major lore figures in 1 xpac
    Heh yeah, imagine if they did something stupid like throw Arthas and Malygos in...in the....blah.

Honestly, it really wouldn't supise me at all if they throw both. Wasting the entire Malygos' war on Magic....ugh.

On topic: Yes that actually sounds pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128
    Heh yeah, imagine if they did something stupid like throw Arthas and Malygos in...in the....blah.

Honestly, it really wouldn't supise me at all if they throw both. Wasting the entire Malygos' war on Magic....ugh.
    Yes, that was annoying that they did that. Malygos was awesome lore wise, and he's literally a small idea in the corner in the game. He's got 2 dungeons and then we fight him. While the fight was neat it always left me wanting a lot more, and it never felt like it did him justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    It will be cataclysmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by londrieved
    I believe floating cities are exempt from Cataclysimication
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Cho'gall'Thun (read the comic :P) will probably be a boss at some point, I'm hoping maybe in a Starter raid for the new expansion. Now.. I say that because I don't think that having a boss be in a low tier raid means they're weak, to me it means they are top priority and as the story goes a long the other bosses become moe dangerous.

Neputalon - Perhaps within the Tomb of Sargeras
    well Neputalon is a lieutenant of the Old Gods and the Naga worship him (or did) so this doesn't really fit.

i'd see Neputalon in his element somehow (ie deep underwater) and the Tomb containing something else like a shade of Sargeras or something

Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Yeah id love to fight the super fleshy weird Cho'Gal and Deathwing as well, i just hope they dont make him like Maly, being more of a side enemy
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

No you are wrong, stop wondering, you will hurt yourself.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

sounds good, but i really hope they do another AQ event-like thing. that would make it even better.
    also, a horde/alliance alliance (lol) would be cool for the final event which would be killing sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128

Beat me to it.
    God damn those casuals and their utter refusal to ever complain as much as the so-called hardcores.

now i have a question.

why would you put Nazjatar - Azshara after an old god? There controlling her... not the other way around. Shes just a pawn of sorts to someone who doesnt have a face or a body yet.

if you are right, which i hope not, then blizz is getting greedy, 2 expaks which could be one? mo money mo money. kinda wouldnt surprise me tho lol

thats the thing about Azshara
    she was never a pawn of anyone nor would she allow herself to be
    ego doesn't even come close to describing her
    she fully intended to mate with Sargeras y'know

and as i've already said Skar'this the Heretic says the Naga have turned away from Neputalon . . .
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Quote Originally Posted by Valkray
    now i have a question.

why would you put Nazjatar - Azshara after an old god? There controlling her... not the other way around. Shes just a pawn of sorts to someone who doesnt have a face or a body yet.
    Well we know they "were" controlling her. We dont know if that is true anymore or whether or not she answers to them. For all we know, Azshara and her Naga are at war with Neptulan and the Old Gods.

But yeah, the reasoning is because Azshara is a much more focused and fleshed out villain in the warcraft universe. Because of that, she's better suited to be a final boss of an expansion, even if she isnt as powerful as an Old God.

More or less the same reason Arthas is the final boss of WoTK, even though Yogg Saron could mop the floor with him if he wanted to.

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Well we know they "were" controlling her. We dont know if that is true anymore or whether or not she answers to them. For all we know, Azshara and her Naga are at war with Neptulan and the Old Gods.

But yeah, the reasoning is because Azshara is a much more focused and fleshed out villain in the warcraft universe. Because of that, she's better suited to be a final boss of an expansion, even if she isnt as powerful as an Old God.

More or less the same reason Arthas is the final boss of WoTK, even though Yogg Saron could mop the floor with him if he wanted to.
    I couldn't agree more.. yet .. people .. how hard is it?

Neptulan
    Neputalon

It's NEPTULON... stop making a fool out of the strongest elemental in existence..
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    just because the voices in your head tell you things, doesn't mean the world gives a crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Isn't it great how this thread has dematerialized from the unfair corruption of Ner'zuhl, to whether Kil'Jaeden is a draenei or an Eredar, then to Alien Genetics and now to demon sex...