Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

armor pen for DK is it good?

is armor pen for dks good especially DW dk's

Re: armor pen for DK is it good?

I know it's good for Blood, it's bad for Unholy, I don't know about Frost. Elitist Jerks is probably your friend in this matter.

The short of it is armor pen helps physical attacks and not spells. So it doesn't assist death coil or diseases, that is why people say its no good for unholy. It also so not effect icy touch, or howling blast as both are spells (not sure about frost strike or obliterate).

Blood dk's main hits death strike and heart strike are physical attacks, if you are refreshing diseases with pestilence glyph then the only spell based hits you do are your Death coil dumps which make up a very small part of dps.

In short. Blood DK's need alot of armor pen.

After you are expertise and spellhit capped, Str would be the primary stat to aim for and ArP your secondary stat. Str -> Arp -> Crit -> Haste

EDIT: Above is for frost DW

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

so what is exp cap? and spell hit wait spell hit is 17% so what is exp cap

Quote Originally Posted by Fraust
    so what is exp cap? and spell hit wait spell hit is 17% so what is exp cap
    Expertise (soft) cap is 26, you get 5 from talent so you need 172 expertise rating to get the 21 more needed.
    Spell hit cap is 17% - Virulence (3%) - Moonkin/SP in raid (3%) = 11%. This is 289 hit rating (which will give ~8.80% physical hit)
    "Sharing is caring".. But I don't care!

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

lol i was spell hit cap and exp soft cap and i didnt even knew it

Obliterate is physical, so yes ArP is good. A grim toll/mjolnir is all you need if I remember correctly.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

People fail to mention the unholy obliterate spec, which surpasses the regular Scourge Strike one after 3.2, granted you have a bit of ArP. So basically ArP is useful unless you use unholy SS spec.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24
    Obliterate is physical, so yes ArP is good. A grim toll/mjolnir is all you need if I remember correctly.
    sorry to ask but where does thouse 2 items drop?

Quote Originally Posted by Fraust
    sorry to ask but where does thouse 2 items drop?
    WoWHead is cool, y'know?
    Grim Toll: Grobbulus, 25man Naxxramas
    Mjolnir Runestone: Thorim, 10man Ulduar (Hard Mode)

Quote Originally Posted by Furykin
    WoWHead is cool, y'know?
    Grim Toll: Grobbulus, 25man Naxxramas
    Mjolnir Runestone: Thorim, 10man Ulduar (Hard Mode)
    Correction: If I recall correctly, grim toll drops of grobbulus, heigan, gothik, and maexnna, the second of of plague/military/construct and the third boss in spider. I'm not sure if there's anymore, but You can't say I'm wrong because Ive seen all of them drop it before.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

awsome ty for the info guys

even for blood you should gem for str since (as others have mentioned) diseases and icy touch arent affected by ArP at all... not to mention blood boil, DnD, Death Coil, Frost Strike, Howling Blast, and Scourge Strike (oh and the bloodworms and gargoyles attacks)

ArP IS good for things like Blood Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike, DRW (when it does physical attacks), Obliterate, Plague Strike, and Rune Strike but u shouldnt be using that as DPS tho (also ArP affects white dmg but thats obvious)

so in short... if ArP is on ur gear, great... if not... it wont hurt as much as not having Str. ive made a complete list of what is and what isnt affected by ArP... Str affects all while ArP only affects some hope this helps
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win