Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Paladins and Blizzcon '09

Thanks alot Ronark!!! Keep us informed.. 8)

"...so basically over 20 thousand blizzcon tickets sold out in less than a minute. That's even faster than ret paladins can storm the forums after a nerf."

Mike Morhaime, Blizzard CEO

Fucking brilliant.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account

Holy Cows are confirmed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    "...so basically over 20 thousand blizzcon tickets sold out in less than a minute. That's even faster than ret paladins can storm the forums after a nerf."

Mike Morhaime, Blizzard CEO

Fucking brilliant.
    I enjoy a joke as much as the next person, but they're really starting to rip on Paladins these days :/ ...

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

I love you Mike Morhaime. YOU ARE REALLY SAYING WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED TO SAY TO THOSE FCKIN PALADINS!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Multifreak
    I love you Mike Morhaime. YOU ARE REALLY SAYING WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED TO SAY TO THOSE FCKIN PALADINS!!!
    You're just angry that Blizzard still hates gnomes.

OT: While we wait for the Class panel, there isn't much to talk about besides the number of Holy Cow threads that will appear soon. Withe the level cap being raised to 85, we will have 5 additional Talent points to spend- Since the Trees are not going to be expanded, we'll have a spot to place them in the other Trees. However, with the way the current trees are set up, Im not sure how this would work out (at least for Holy or Ret).

first announcement.... TAUREN paladin.... woooooo lol

everyone knew this already but oh well.

WoW Class Q&A is tomorrow so we'll get more stuff then

This is a great thread idea, im hoping they dont be rid of SP plate since I dont wanna be sharing lewts with 4 other specs 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow_Blast
    the day I see a tauren paladin I fucking swear I'll delete my character and cancel my account.
    its unfucking believable.
    Actually this is a very plausable class with the events that will unfold with the destruction of the old world and thrall leaving rule of the horde.. and Cairne's death.. his son will possibly come back to lead the tauren and has views that do not agree with Garrosh.. just something to think on

the day I see a tauren paladin I fucking swear I'll delete my character and cancel my account.
    Why wait then?

In the words of Agent Smith, "It is Inevitable."

How about this. Delete the game and cancel your account now. Then end your life for taking a video game so seriously. No one cares that you don't like a change blizzard made. In fact tell me your server and Char name. Since you seem to want to wait for it, I'll make a Holy Cow and do my PBJT dance all over your face the day this xpac is released.

why live then?
    pfft.
    Indeed, ask yourself this question in front of a mirror and proceed to get the rope.

Re: Paladins and Blizzcon \'09

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    If I can figure out how to get my recording programs working, and if they have video logs (like I\'m told the stream would) I will try posting videos where they talk about Pallies.

Is it against any/the rules to record the stream and send it to friends?
    Couldn't find anything about it.

Re: Paladins and Blizzcon \'09

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Hm, could be. I remember when wotlk was being developed there was a time that Boub was thinking that the abilities the bronze drakes in Oculus have were actually new Shaman abilities.
    Oh man, I wish time stop was a shaman ability. I'd be yelling "ZA WARUDO" every 5 minutes :-[

correction... Class panel is in 1hour for Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account

I welcome the Tauren into the paladin club. If they wish to bring justice and peace by taking up arms as a paladin then good for them. I am glad they're going to be paladins. People assume big and tall means stupid. Stupid in that they cannot grasp the basics for the Light.

And their source of power doesn't even have to be the same as what the Alliance has really. A night elf priest and a human priest both have different religion views yet they're both 'called' priests in game. Same could be said for the blood elves at the start of BC.

Undead... It 'fits'. Lore-wise. But it's nice Blizzard went out there and gave the Tauren it instead. Refreshing change.

<3 Here is to moar paladins.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Attention Pallies at Blizzcon: When you have an opportunity to ask Devs about our class, don't get up there and ask friggin retarded questions and make us all look like retards!

I'm talking to you fatty Ret pally with the white boy fro!
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

I thought this panel was funny, at the end they had a Q&A and the Powerpoint presentation said "No Ret Pally Questions" lol.

Changes that will affect us paladins:

Gear stats:
    Spell power = Gone (you now get spell power from INT)
    Attack Power = Gone (you now get AP purely from STR)
    Armor Pen = Gone
    Block Value = Gone (Blocks will now reduce a % of damage, which is good news for hard hitting bosses but terrible for AOE grinding many many mobs)
    Defense = Gone (they will now give Crit immune through talents in the prot trees)

Less of these stats on gears means they will be replacing them with more of other stats like Stam.

Reforging allows you to change some stats on gears like removing half of your haste rating and adding it as Hit instead (restriction from letting you add stats that are already there... i.e. if you have hast and crit you can't remove half your haste to get more crit)

Archeology is a Secondary skill (like cooking/fishing) and this will open up a new "talent tree" like thing known as Path of the Titans (more on this tomorrow) you also discover artifacts (gear, pets, relics...)

Mastery is a way to define your spec even more (i.e. no more Prot Healing... it makes you better at the spec you have.) more on this tomorrow.

since the level cap is 85 you get 5 new talents to spend but the trees are not going any deeper which means you just get 5 more points to spend. All Talent trees are gonna be highly revamped though.

that'S about it for today.

why live then?
    pfft.
    Well, you're ranting and raving about seeing Tauren Paladins, threatening you're going to quit if you see one, and it's already a forgone conclusion.

How an aspect of whether or not the uninstallment of a game can be compared to real life leaves me flabbergasted. I mean really, i don't think i have to worry about not living anymore because of the existence of Tauren Paladins... however, the day i'm walking out of the store, and actually do meet a tauren paladin.. as a human, i think my life expectency would be very short.

Your analogy to real life has nothing to do with your original statement about pally cows. Unless you're so angry that you're going to die, you may as well die now. That's some pretty messed up logic if that's where you're thinking.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    Less of these stats on gears means they will be replacing them with more of other stats like Stam.
    Not really. All they need to do is take a model of gear where we would still need defense and budget it normally for a lvl 85 character vs a lvl 88 mob and then strip the defense. They wouldn't take the defense and say oh wait we don't need defense anymore so give them more stamina.

Unless of course you mean they won't be trying to balance in defense and using points that they would be using towards stamina (or other stats) for defense?
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit