Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: World of Warcraft - Cataclysm Preview Panel

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyk
    Only thing I'm confused/dissapointed about it that they're not adding more talents? Thats my favourite part of every expansion
    They basically are with Path of the Titans. It'll change the way you play your character, and differentiate you from every other priest with penance, or hunter with chimera shot.

The ONLY thing that I'm a little disappointed in is the fact that there are no new classes. Not necessarily new classes, but new classes for your faction. Each expansion has introduced a new class to a faction - Pallys to Horde, Shaman to Alliance, DKs. The problem I see with this is that if you choose to level a goblin or worgen, you're inherently "behind." If you decided to level a horde pally at the release of BC, you were behind, but everybody was waiting for you.

If you decide to level a goblin rogue, people won't be waiting for you. They'll be saying, "We have rogues, now get on your DK so we can raid sooner." This means that goblins and worgen will be a side project for most raiders, which is unfortunate.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    I know what you mean. I was just about to cancel my subscription and leave WoW behind me forever. And then I saw that the leaks regarding Cataclysm actually turned out to be true. And they pull me right back into the game. I might take an extended break from WoW between now and Cataclysm's release, but I most certainly will be sticking around in one way or another.

Damn Blizzard. Damn you to hell!!!! :P
    Indeed. I haven't played WoW since March, tried a few weeks of WAR, but it never clicked. Will try Aion next month but I don't think I'll play more than a few weeks of that either. Leveling a new char just sucks most of the time. I like my maxlevel Chars in WoW - and this expension really looks sweet.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Deathwing will be the main bad guy in this expansion though not Ragnaros

Rofl, one of the employees just admitted in an interview that "one of our fansites" (Boub's) comment about expecting more masks was a precursor to them adding more masks to try to fool people.
    Can you say excuse for leaked info much lol douche
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

This is soo gay why would they do this!?!?! Aion here I come

Quote Originally Posted by Fen
    The Horde finally conquered Southshore.

FOR THE HORDE!
    Lok'tar!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by abradon
    It's not fair :S Horde conquere this , horde conquere that . Whole Hilsbrad is theirs now , Darkshore is under attack . And what does alliance do ? Nothing , siiting , waiting . Bah . Give me this Cataclysm , and I will take back what's ours !
    dude they have only shown little pieces to not give all away now, in the trailer u see an alliance tower in the barrens, so i expect alot of these switches will be made
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojoez
    Just remember, when life's a sour bitch... Make some bitching lemonade! :P

Jesus, ruin the whole expansion why don't you?

Only thing i hated reading this is the fact that ragnaros is returning, i mean come on, give us something new! that it might make more "sense" this way is a different story.

Else i'm in love with this expansion.

It's because Executus woke up Ragnaros TOO SOON in Molten Core. He was out of sorts. Now, he's fully awake.

Quote Originally Posted by MMnyess
    GAY
    NO U

I'm so exicited, nothing compared to woltk, this is AWESOME.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Did the guy on DirectTV just announce that flying is only available at 80+ ? :/ That would reallly suck!

He also announced that Path of the Titan will need a glyph like unlock o.O

Woot also announced that Garosh will run ogrimmar so Thrall is defenetly in horde now!

4 pages of comments, and only a couple disgruntled trolls. Seems like they pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.

The only people I can see that would dislike the idea of going back to Azeroth are newer players who didn't get to experience the awesomeness of vanilla in Azeroth, or get a chance to understand the importance of every Azerothian zone because they were in a rush to get to Outlands or Northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by Firann
    Woot also announced that Garosh will run ogrimmar so Thrall is defenetly in horde now!
    He's been the warchief of the horde for a long time now...what do you mean "in horde now"?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusantos
    Only thing i hated reading this is the fact that ragnaros is returning, i mean come on, give us something new! that it might make more "sense" this way is a different story.

Else i'm in love with this expansion.
    Maybe it is just me but this seems pretty new to me. It wouldn't seem new if we were entering molten core (like naxx at 80) to fight him but he is somewhere new and I assume the location will be brand new. Returning characters don't have to be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrant
    Jesus, ruin the whole expansion why don't you?
    o_O

Don't read the information?

This is one of the things MMO-Champion does. Everyone knows/expects that. It's like you're going to an ice cream shop asking them WTF they are doing selling ice cream.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Meant to say NOT in horde. However i can't edit my post for some reason.

This is truly epic.

The game is evolving, so it's almost more than just an expansion, it's a new game. World of Warcraft 2 if you will.

I also agree with what most of you guys wrote, I officially love WoW again. I'm definitely making a new class just to experience 1-60 again. Best Xpac so far. Nice job Blizzard.

Actually, I am not sure how this expansion is competetive to Aion, for example.
    The expansion is exsiting for very specific groups of people - those who are long enough in game, nostalgic about old content but not yet leveled each and every possible class.
    For new players, who never seen "old" Azeroth, I am not sure how the expansion makes the game more competetive. The gameplay seem to be not much changed....
    So, if this Aion game (haven't seen it yet) has something really exiting and new gameplay-wise - not sure Cataclism will be enough to fight it.... On the other hand, WoW is so well established I don't think it can be "killed" by anything but new Blizzard game - just because of how much time people invested there into learning and comunity building.

WOO! Goblin Hunters!

The new profession will be a secondary one like cooking and fishing, everyone gets it. You find artifacts which you "decode" to get rewards like items, glyph slots (wut) and plans.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."