Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Why not undead paladins?

And please don't tell anything about the lore u don't know because u make other ppl believe the pointless shit that u think

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fmr
    That is the dumbest question ive ever heard. Undead can't call upon the light because they are unholy beings. The holy light harms and burns them to death while negative shadow spells heal them.
    I remember when you could Exo Forsaken players :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    They already exist in-game, and no, I don't mean feral druid Tauren in stealth mode.
    Grimtotem members are known to be rogues.

The reason why tauren can't be rogues is primarily due to ethnics.
    The grimtotem are well.. Grim, but the other Tauren tribes believe in what is right, and poisoning/backstabbing things.. Not their deal.

Keep in mind that death knights didn't become death knights because they wanted to.

People should just get over that fact that some class/race combinations just don't exist. Be it through faith, inability or simply because they don't want to.
    People cry about changing lore.. But they wouldn't think twice to rip the lore apart to allow their favorite class combined with their favorite race.

For a very, very, very long time I wanted night elf mages. There was simply something about night elves and arcane magic that felt good. Maybe because it was "bad". I always liked that.. My mains during most of the game have been a warlock and a death knight. I'm just drawn to that stuff.
    More than mages, I would love night elf warlocks. But this is something that will never happen. And that's fine, although it's sad. But just like some of you, I have to live with that.
    I can already imagine the argument "They became mages, now it's only a matter of time before they become warlocks." But it's not that simple. Arcane magic isn't nearly as corrupting as fel magic. And night elves would probably never allow warlocks in their mids.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Grimtotem members are known to be rogues.

The reason why tauren can't be rogues is primarily due to ethnics.
    The grimtotem are well.. Grim, but the other Tauren tribes believe in what is right, and poisoning/backstabbing things.. Not their deal.
    You just can't find Tauren rogues because they are THAT GOOD at hiding

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    More than mages, I would love night elf warlocks. But this is something that will never happen. And that's fine, although it's sad. But just like some of you, I have to live with that.
    I can already imagine the argument "They became mages, now it's only a matter of time before they become warlocks." But it's not that simple. Arcane magic isn't nearly as corrupting as fel magic. And night elves would probably never allow warlocks in their mids.
    Same thing with Draenei Warlocks- Although it would somewhat fit the Lore, I HIGHLY doubt it will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jester.exe
    I was sure Undead were next in line for paladin. They were human in life, same like Zeliek. I dunno, my brain equates humans and paladins, and undead and humans, so therefore undead = paladins. Blood Elves were a really lousy choice for paladins, probably only chosen because they were the new xpac race. I'm probably forgetting a specific piece of lore, though (M'uru comes to mind although that was looooong after BC was released).

If BE can "bend" the Light to their will, why can't the undead, many of whom were probably paladins in life but didn't show the same zeal (at least up until now) of Sir Zeliek?

Going by lore noone on the horde side could be paladin, this change was simply done to balance the game, lore was twisted here. It is not possible to have undead paladin because paladins are immune to stuff that makes people undead. Paladins have hatred for undead and their purpose is to cleanse their land of undead. Paladin and undead are 2 forces that will destroy each other. Some say that forsaken are not really undead but that is exactly what they are they just ran away from LK control.

Paladin is way of light, and is related to humanity, human nature and strength created this way of life and dwarfs were part of it, because they are close to humans in who they are. Noone can just learn way of light because crier needs to have specific qualities. That was the original lore.