Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Rated bgs comes in expansion?

The issue is: as it stands now, ONLY people in a full group (so 10 for WSG, 15 for AB, etc) will be allowed to partake in the rated bg's.

This means you'll have to form a premade first.
    You can PuG it when the rated bg is announced, or you can have a guild that makes premades...
    But either way: without a full group, you're not getting rated bg's.

This has several consequences:

First: pvp guilds will dominate these rated bg's very soon, I fear.

second: you will NOT get an invite into a 'pugged' premade (sounds contradictory but it isn't) if your gear and achievements are not the best pvp can offer...

Third: if you do get in a group, you will get steamrolled by the first and second...

And since you ONLY get ratings for winning (so NOT objectives), you likely get next to nothing.

Imagine wsg rated bg:
    PvP guild zerg first flag, than camp your gy...
    Good luck countering that, we're not talking some scrubs here. It's a gladiator team in relentless gear working as one.

Another issue: what if you DO make a regular premade/
    week 1 AB: 15 people needed
    week 2 wsg: what 5 people are not getting their ratings this week?
    Go go, make a premade rota...

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Either this rated BG or arena will die when both will be on live servers. Why? Balancing them both at the same time is an impossible task. As an example: Hunters are waaaaaaay underrepresented in arena, but they absolutely ROCK in BG. How do you ever want to balance that?

All I can do is hoping that Blizzard is being smarter then me here, since it sounds absolutely amazing but impossible to balance...
    Well you can only get a certain number of points from rated BG per week (and you get them instantly), so if you want many many points you will have to do both.

Of course there will be balancing issues, but I don't think that either one of then will die because of it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Synite
    Of course there will be balancing issues, but I don't think that either one of then will die because of it.
    And why not? 2v2 is kinda dieing because they can't balance it. Balancing between Rated Bg AND Arena AND PvE will be even harder then balancing Arena with PvE.