Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Class Discussions Panel

"Put 5 points in Energy and then all the rest of the points in Vitality."

D3 seem to be inspiring the WoW team a lot... less boring talents, warlock and hunters now have a unique resource bar, simplified stats, revamped classic-race racials to match worgen/goblin racials "coolness" etc etc...

good stuff! =)

LOL Goblin mage in WSG who just capped alliance flag:
    Blink, Rocket jump, blink, blink, Horde 1 - 0 Alliance

Also a worgen subtlety rogue in same scenario:
    Cap Horde flag, Sprint, preparation, sprint, racial sprint (forgot the name lol) I know rogues can cap the flag with just 2 sprints (inc glyph) But this will be like.. The Fastest Flag capper ever lol

Also Goblin warlocks who are in troubble:
    Empowered fear, rocket jump = win lol! And on top of that add the teleport thingy

Worgen warriors in arena:
    Charge, racial sprint! There's no way ur gonna get away from a worgen warrior/rogue

I'm starting to like this expansion pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Icemyn
    Lol I love how it says attack power is gone
    then in the next line it says agility gives 2 AP

makes me smile :
    its in ITEMisation. AP on items is gone

READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING RETARDED:

By the looks of it,we can infer that reforging will turn agi/int/ect into haste,crit and the like. So basicly,its the same thing except the PLAYER chooses the stats.Wouldn't that require more skill than using gear thats already balanced the momment you get it?

Why do i think int/agi/str/spirit will turn into haste/crit/ect?

Well,they are making changes to those stats(Haste/ArmP).Why would blizz bother making changes if they are removing those stats?
    Also, it says you will be able to trade a stat for another,and since gear only has white stats,then its safe to say you can turn white stats into the other stats.Simple common sense.

Bugger this, i quoted someone and then messed it up by posting in their quote, then i put half of mine in their quote. I hate being tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenarius
    yeah true but you got my point, qqing MONTHS before the next xpack is retarded beyond words.
    Rubbish! Its now he hears it, its NOW he feels it. In the months to come it will fade, and by the time its out he will have accepted it.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    If the goal of Blizzard is to lower the amount of gear to itemize, since that what the new game mechanics are doing, I propose a different design to accomplish the same goal, at the same time keep the same amount of thinking in gear.

Gear will now only have "Gear Points". You may place a gear point into any of the currently existing stats and it will increase the amount of stats per gear point (which may be subjected to diminishing returns if desired).
    1 Gear point into stamina = 10 stamina
    1 Gear point into spell hit = 1 spell hit
    etc. etc.

The amount of gear points will be higher with higher ilvl gear obviously.

You can differentiate the gear that drops from healers, tanks, and dps simply be restricting what stats you can gear points you can place in.

===========================

This design does two things that will satisfy everyone:
    1) the people that wish to keep game mechanics to differentiate the "bads" from the "goods"
    AND
    2) allow blizzard to be lazy with gear design and they do not need to itemize every single piece of gear and simply let the player do it.

The game already works this way. iLvl determines the amount of itemization points a piece of gear has, and then the Item Team decides how to itemize it. The point of Blizzard itemizing it is so that they can purposely itemize gear poorly to limit our DPS for certain tiers/hardmodes.

Reforging is essentially implementing what you suggested, except we cannot add to the stats already itemized on a piece of gear, only different stats, and only to a certain extent.

Well, I guess it's time to move on from WoW...

I'm moving on to Aion when it releases in September.

LOL at all the fucking retards saying itemizing now requires much thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Klâth

The game already works this way. iLvl determines the amount of itemization points a piece of gear has, and then the Item Team decides how to itemize it. The point of Blizzard itemizing it is so that they can purposely itemize gear poorly to limit our DPS for certain tiers/hardmodes.

Reforging is essentially implementing what you suggested, except we cannot add to the stats already itemized on a piece of gear, only different stats, and only to a certain extent.
    I guess I am more hating at the fact that Spell Power and Attack Power are being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendawn
    Well, I guess it's time to move on from WoW...

You go have fun with your mediocre Korean anime grindfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendawn

I too am moving to Aion, but alot of the changes in WoW honestly interest me. I don't know if it's enough to bring me back, but it will certainly have me pay for another month and buy the expansion. :P

What's with the "finally" getting a caster legendary.. what was atiesh, then?

Anyway...

Personally, i'm sick of the 3/4 different types of cloth gear that can drop and having to itemize them to make sure your spellpower, haste, hit, crit, mana regen stats are all sufficient enough to maximise what you're trying to do. Most might find that more challenging/fun, others might consider it a waste of time and they're not playing to play dress up or a numbers game.

I love the new intellect/sp changes.

I can't wait for tomorrow to find out what's going on with the other classes

Quote Originally Posted by chachideluxe
    What's with the "finally" getting a caster legendary.. what was atiesh, then?

Anyway...

Personally, i'm sick of the 3/4 different types of cloth gear that can drop and having to itemize them to make sure your spellpower, haste, hit, crit, mana regen stats are all sufficient enough to maximise what you're trying to do. Most might find that more challenging/fun, others might consider it a waste of time and they're not playing to play dress up or a numbers game.

I love the new intellect/sp changes.

I can't wait for tomorrow to find out what's going on with the other classes
    We haven't had a Legendary in ages! :'(

I honestly don't mind DK's getting a Legendary, but just a tad annoyed that Hunters get to use another so soon after their last :-X

Oh well, guess i'll dust off my DK :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Clay
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But I recall myself playing as a Dwarf Mage with a water elemental and invisibility like waaaay back in the Beta.

Confirm/deny!?
    I think they removed that when wow hit live (don't remember that far) I think it had something to due with class balancing, like the Belf warrior thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    I guess I am more hating at the fact that Spell Power and Attack Power are being removed.
    The weird thing is, however, that it will still be there, it will just look different. Let's say that the conversion will be something like 1 Int = 1 SP.

Random WotLK Cloth Piece
    xxx Armor
    108 Stamina
    100 Intellect
    65 Spirit
    Increases spell power by 100.
    Increases critical strike rating by 68.

Random Catactlysm Cloth Piece
    xxx Armor
    108 Stamina
    100 Intellect
    65 Spirit
    Increases critical strike rating by 68.

Essentially these are the same pieces of gear, and provide the same stats. It's just implicit that the spell power is now a part of the intellect. Does it look worse? From an aesthetic standpoint, perhaps, but thats because we are so used to seeing spell power on gear. Remember when they changed all the gear from "Increases spell damage by xx and healing by xx" to just spell power? That was a huge change too, but now we're so used to it, who really cares? I bet this will end up the same way.

It all sounds awesome.

Except the removal of stats. Do we really have to simplify it? I like mathy things. Uncomplicated is kinda boring. Hey here's a ring, 80 int and 60 spirit. Hey here's another, 82 int and 62 spirit. Hey that should be an upgrade?!

30-60 focus on a shot? that seems a bit high (I'm assuming that hunters get 100 focus) I'll miss weaving my shots and only using steady when the my other shots are on cool down but it seems I'll need to use steady a lot more when the Xpac hits for the focus it seems it will generate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    It all sounds awesome.

Except the removal of stats. Do we really have to simplify it? I like mathy things. Uncomplicated is kinda boring. Hey here's a ring, 80 int and 60 spirit. Hey here's another, 82 int and 62 spirit. Hey that should be an upgrade?!
    It makes it more efficient IMO. Then people can't BS to someone why the piece isn't "really an upgrade" for them when really they just want the piece for themselves. Higher stats=better item. gg.

Yet again the expansion is being sold to players by giving them new abilities that are obviously overpowered.

Sprint and blink as racials.
    Instant fear 3 times per fight.

I am sure we will hear of a lot of other things that will get everyone going "OMG, I'm gonna be imba when the expansion comes" but lets face it, we can all see already that these will be nerfed. They lure us with the promise of imba only to take it away and use it to lure us all again the next year ...

Of course, I'll still buy it. Lets face it, I would buy it even if the box just contained a bunch of old socks and a voucher that gave a new hat for my characters.