Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Class Discussions Panel

Reforging

* Reforging is another way to customize your gear.
    * It will be relatively cheap, you will need a Blacksmith / Leatherworker / Tailor / Jewelcrafter / Engineer to do it. Each profession get to reforge a type of items.
    * It lets you reduce one stat for another. Some restrictions will apply, you can't put the extra stat on something that is already on the item.
    So it's safe to assume the following:

- Blacksmith = plate items only.
    - Leatherworker = leather/mail items.
    - Tailor = cloth items.
    - Jewelcrafter = necklace/rings.
    - Engineer = trinkets.

I feel exactly the same way with spellpower and mp5.

I've always said that the day i equip a spirit item on my resto shaman is the day i kill myself, so i guess im gonna die at the release date of Cataclysm.

Im really dissapointed, especially cause i never said a bad word about anything Blizzard made even if it wasnt a very beneficial change, its just such a huge let down for me.
    Seriously, this is stupid...

And all of those change are more than welcome if you have a look at the current itemisation IG : every single item has at least 5-6 different stats which doesn't make sense : merging those combat stats with the more common stats will just reduce the amount of information displayed on every item.

And for those whinning about the defense cap, yeah it seems pretty obvious that Blizzard just want to remove every tanking mechanics : in the next Xpac a tank will only be a health pool with a lot of armor, of course... -_-

Been reading a lot about the changes the new expansion will bring us and I have to say, some of them are great, but then again, some of them seem a bit too radical and are changing the game a lot.

Let's start off from archaeology, it does sound interesting, endgamers will probably all want to max it asap cause you save time by being able to travel from place x to y faster and gain recipes/e-peenflexstuff with it.

I don't really like idea of being able to reforge items. For example as a healer you get and item with x amount of stamina and y amount of int and you don't have any spirit at all in it so you're able to convert ? amount of x into spirit. The only good thing I see in this change is that you'll be able to get the stats you want easier, but hey, is Blizzard just getting lazy with designing items with different statcombinations?

When it comes to being able to level up trade skills easier by making rare items, I totally agree with it. Making a rare item usually costs you more and it's been a pain in the ass that you gain only 1 point of it/creation if even that. Good that they'll make the "boring" professions more fun.

Itemization. What the hell are you doing? If there never was mp5, spellpower and stuff like that before but the upcoming stuff instead I would have absolutely nothing against it, but why now after all these years? I'm not worried about having to learn how to calcuate all the gear available, but just the fact that the changes about these seem a bit radical (but I guess that's something you're able to do now cause hunters won't need mana no more). I've never played a melee in my life but I guess the changes about the upcoming melee stats sound just as weird as they do for casters.

New legendary item? Yay. ROGUE WEAPON? Goblin rogue, anyone?

New classes. Wow, goblins can shoot 'emselves up the air and worgens can sprint, cool stuff.
    I'm waiting to hear about the class changes, please don't kill hopladins.

So tank-trees now actually turn you into tanks rather than the gear? Finally is what I say.

I saw these changes (and the typos in them) and honestly thought MMO Champ was hacked, and some tard was posting a bunch of BS to freak people out. I think a lot of these stat simplifying changes are... well, they make things a bit too easy. I realize there are a lot of stats to juggle, but... I dont know, i still think 98% of this wont even show up. God only knows when the expansion will come out (and hopefully i will be done with wow by then), and how many changes to the changes they will make.

I fear change.

Anyone read of a new hero class, or any hints of one? I thought there was supposed to be one with each expansion. Well, we still have time. I'm waiting on the Sapper class :P

pfeh those changes to hunters took them long enough only 5 years of wayward thinking en tinkering to come back to the way it was at the time of the beta........
    Ooops !!

Don't you love it how so many people rage out over changes before they happen. Happens every time they announce anything. In the end, you'll still play the game and more often than not you'll realize the change was for the better.

It's nice that they're finally getting rid of all these stats. This is an MMO, there's no reason any person should have to worry about balancing 500 different stats. It just makes everything more difficult, even for developers in balancing and itemizing.

AP gone, ArmP gone, mp5 gone, SP gone ...World of Easycraft! And that's because these damn casuals are to stupid to choose their gear well?

I would assume that Engineering would be guns/bows/crossbows, not trinkets. Trinkets are generally 1 stat + an effect as it is. There isn't a lot of variability there.

And I would assume BS includes melee weapons.

Blizzard will sign their fate if they choose to continue with the new spellpower/mana/attack power/etc. system. The reason I chose WoW was because of the numerous ways you could customise your characters. Now, I won't stand out from other priests on the server, we will all be the same.

Even when trying to figure out which item to take will be a joke. I am seriously pissed at Blizz atm.

-credit to Rayde

So basically they are removing any thought put into the gearing process and normalizing gear all around. Poor plate wearers.

Q4 2010?

Do you really think we're going to be killing Arthas over and over for a year?

the Argent Tourney is a small, filler raid.
    3.3 is Icecrown Citadel according to many Blue Posts.
    As well as them saying Icecrown Citadel is the last raid of WOTLK.

There's no way in hell Icecrown Citadel is more than a couple months away from release with how small the new raid is.
    IC most likely is 70% complete as we speak.

I see May being the latest for it's ship date. Putting it just around the 1.5 year mark Blizzard said they wanted expansions released at now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori
    AP gone, ArmP gone, mp5 gone, SP gone ...World of Easycraft! And that's because these damn casuals are to stupid to choose their gear well?
    There's a difference between difficulty and just flat out time consuming. Choosing gear and getting the right stats is not hard. Its just a nuisance that takes time. Time doing nothing but looking on WoWhead at which item you wanna get next. Removing all of those stats doesn't make the game any easier than it already was. Just makes it so you spend less time browsing WoWhead using the calculator to see which item your going after next.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaniriel
    Blizzard will sign their fate if they choose to continue with the new spellpower/mana/attack power/etc. system. The reason I chose WoW was because of the numerous ways you could customise your characters. Now, I won't stand out from other priests on the server, we will all be the same.

Even when trying to figure out which item to take will be a joke. I am seriously pissed at Blizz atm.
    You'll be the same as all other priests? How is that different to now? Currently we all ignore the base stats, and stack spellpower, crit, haste, and whatnot. In the new expansion we'll stack intellect instead of spellpower, spirit instead of mp5. Crit, haste, hit, etc. Will all stay the same. How will this change affect you in any way, other than consolidating a couple of stats into one, the way the did with +healing and +damage back in the day? I'll bet you posted the same thing then, too...

if half these core changes go live, ill be looking for a new game to play.

i didnt mind all the changes they made to cater to casuals,
    but these changes pretty much cater to even the mentally disabled.

gg blizz, next expac will remove hp and everyone will live forever!

i'd rather see them add an ingame ratingbuster addon than this crap.
    people who play without it already give me a headache. now they only have to worry about like 3 different stats.

i understand these are all brand new announcements and probably will never make it live,
    but the fact that they had the balls to even think of some of this bs lets me know that
    they are ok with smashing their flagship game straight into the mud

paaayce, im out.

Im so freaking excited for all cataclysm, but woah a sec. Boubouille how the hell did you know it all? Im still amazed at that.

Thought? Half the idiots in this game read guides on EJ or whatever and copy everything. I prefer the possibilities to customize your characters in the way the Path of the Titans is supposed to do it (if it's anything like CoH) or things like that instead of stacking ArP instead of Agility or whatever.

so does this mean when i look at a item that it wont have a armor
    like EG

plate mail
    level 40

Quote Originally Posted by Emkya
    Been reading a lot about the changes the new expansion will bring us and I have to say, some of them are great, but then again, some of them seem a bit too radical and are changing the game a lot.

Let's start off from archaeology, it does sound interesting, endgamers will probably all want to max it asap cause you save time by being able to travel from place x to y faster and gain recipes/e-peenflexstuff with it.

I don't really like idea of being able to reforge items. For example as a healer you get and item with x amount of stamina and y amount of int and you don't have any spirit at all in it so you're able to convert ? amount of x into spirit. The only good thing I see in this change is that you'll be able to get the stats you want easier, but hey, is Blizzard just getting lazy with designing items with different statcombinations?

When it comes to being able to level up trade skills easier by making rare items, I totally agree with it. Making a rare item usually costs you more and it's been a pain in the ass that you gain only 1 point of it/creation if even that. Good that they'll make the "boring" professions more fun.

Itemization. What the hell are you doing? If there never was mp5, spellpower and stuff like that before but the upcoming stuff instead I would have absolutely nothing against it, but why now after all these years? I'm not worried about having to learn how to calcuate all the gear available, but just the fact that the changes about these seem a bit radical (but I guess that's something you're able to do now cause hunters won't need mana no more). I've never played a melee in my life but I guess the changes about the upcoming melee stats sound just as weird as they do for casters.

New legendary item? Yay. ROGUE WEAPON? Goblin rogue, anyone?

New classes. Wow, goblins can shoot 'emselves up the air and worgens can sprint, cool stuff.
    I'm waiting to hear about the class changes, please don't kill hopladins.

i think it was a misstype. i dont see blizz letting you pull stats out of thin air. i think it ment you cant put the extra stat on somthing that ( is'nt ) already on the item. like i said i dont see blizz leting you pull stats from no were.

Quote Originally Posted by Silarn
    I would assume that Engineering would be guns/bows/crossbows, not trinkets. Trinkets are generally 1 stat + an effect as it is. There isn't a lot of variability there.

And I would assume BS includes melee weapons.
    What do i do with my pala enginer then? i cant use guns,bows and stuff... [so i guess ur wrong mate ;p otherwise it wont make sence at all !]