Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Class Discussions Panel

LOL at all the fucking retards saying itemizing now requires much thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Klâth

The game already works this way. iLvl determines the amount of itemization points a piece of gear has, and then the Item Team decides how to itemize it. The point of Blizzard itemizing it is so that they can purposely itemize gear poorly to limit our DPS for certain tiers/hardmodes.

Reforging is essentially implementing what you suggested, except we cannot add to the stats already itemized on a piece of gear, only different stats, and only to a certain extent.
    I guess I am more hating at the fact that Spell Power and Attack Power are being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendawn
    Well, I guess it's time to move on from WoW...

I'm moving on to Aion when it releases in September.
    You go have fun with your mediocre Korean anime grindfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendawn

I'm moving on to Aion when it releases in September.
    I too am moving to Aion, but alot of the changes in WoW honestly interest me. I don't know if it's enough to bring me back, but it will certainly have me pay for another month and buy the expansion. :P

What's with the "finally" getting a caster legendary.. what was atiesh, then?

Anyway...

Personally, i'm sick of the 3/4 different types of cloth gear that can drop and having to itemize them to make sure your spellpower, haste, hit, crit, mana regen stats are all sufficient enough to maximise what you're trying to do. Most might find that more challenging/fun, others might consider it a waste of time and they're not playing to play dress up or a numbers game.

I love the new intellect/sp changes.

I can't wait for tomorrow to find out what's going on with the other classes

Quote Originally Posted by chachideluxe
    What's with the "finally" getting a caster legendary.. what was atiesh, then?

Anyway...

Personally, i'm sick of the 3/4 different types of cloth gear that can drop and having to itemize them to make sure your spellpower, haste, hit, crit, mana regen stats are all sufficient enough to maximise what you're trying to do. Most might find that more challenging/fun, others might consider it a waste of time and they're not playing to play dress up or a numbers game.

I love the new intellect/sp changes.

I can't wait for tomorrow to find out what's going on with the other classes
    We haven't had a Legendary in ages! :'(

I honestly don't mind DK's getting a Legendary, but just a tad annoyed that Hunters get to use another so soon after their last :-X

Oh well, guess i'll dust off my DK :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Clay
    Correct me if I'm wrong. But I recall myself playing as a Dwarf Mage with a water elemental and invisibility like waaaay back in the Beta.

Confirm/deny!?
    I think they removed that when wow hit live (don't remember that far) I think it had something to due with class balancing, like the Belf warrior thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    I guess I am more hating at the fact that Spell Power and Attack Power are being removed.
    The weird thing is, however, that it will still be there, it will just look different. Let's say that the conversion will be something like 1 Int = 1 SP.

Random WotLK Cloth Piece
    xxx Armor
    108 Stamina
    100 Intellect
    65 Spirit
    Increases spell power by 100.
    Increases critical strike rating by 68.

Random Catactlysm Cloth Piece
    xxx Armor
    108 Stamina
    100 Intellect
    65 Spirit
    Increases critical strike rating by 68.

Essentially these are the same pieces of gear, and provide the same stats. It's just implicit that the spell power is now a part of the intellect. Does it look worse? From an aesthetic standpoint, perhaps, but thats because we are so used to seeing spell power on gear. Remember when they changed all the gear from "Increases spell damage by xx and healing by xx" to just spell power? That was a huge change too, but now we're so used to it, who really cares? I bet this will end up the same way.

It all sounds awesome.

Except the removal of stats. Do we really have to simplify it? I like mathy things. Uncomplicated is kinda boring. Hey here's a ring, 80 int and 60 spirit. Hey here's another, 82 int and 62 spirit. Hey that should be an upgrade?!

30-60 focus on a shot? that seems a bit high (I'm assuming that hunters get 100 focus) I'll miss weaving my shots and only using steady when the my other shots are on cool down but it seems I'll need to use steady a lot more when the Xpac hits for the focus it seems it will generate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    It all sounds awesome.

Except the removal of stats. Do we really have to simplify it? I like mathy things. Uncomplicated is kinda boring. Hey here's a ring, 80 int and 60 spirit. Hey here's another, 82 int and 62 spirit. Hey that should be an upgrade?!
    It makes it more efficient IMO. Then people can't BS to someone why the piece isn't "really an upgrade" for them when really they just want the piece for themselves. Higher stats=better item. gg.

Yet again the expansion is being sold to players by giving them new abilities that are obviously overpowered.

Sprint and blink as racials.
    Instant fear 3 times per fight.

I am sure we will hear of a lot of other things that will get everyone going "OMG, I'm gonna be imba when the expansion comes" but lets face it, we can all see already that these will be nerfed. They lure us with the promise of imba only to take it away and use it to lure us all again the next year ...

Of course, I'll still buy it. Lets face it, I would buy it even if the box just contained a bunch of old socks and a voucher that gave a new hat for my characters.

The Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep will be back in a brand new level 85 heroic version.

Hell Yea!!

I told you landlubbers id have to Improvise!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolar
    The Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep will be back in a brand new level 85 heroic version.

Hell Yea!!

I told you landlubbers id have to Improvise!!
    I laughed pretty hard at this. +1 to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Legendary Item
    • Shadowmourne - You won't get Frostmourne in Icecrown but Death Knights and Hunters will get a Legendary Axe named Shadowmourne.

First off, I have to say for the record, Hunter weapon. Now that I have that out of my system, it's about time! Tbh, the legendary bow doesn't really count. Maybe 3 hunters per server had it, as well as rogues and warriors trying to take the bow too, which makes no sense at all. But anyway, besides the bow hunters have only been able to use 1 other legendary, Thunderfury, which wasn't something hunters used in vanilla anyway because for one Rogues Warriors and Pallies were getting the pieces well before hunters, which does make sense.

Back on track though, this will be the first legendary for hunters specifically, even if it is a dk weapon as well. Hopefully there won't be too many haters, so please just go with it. Anyway, who really expected to actually use THE Frostmourne? Very Very evil here people, I don't think the gods of WoW would want a player with that sword. I mean, come on, right now if you can solo stuff that used to take 20 people, you would become one huge badass, and turn into a superman version of the Lich King. Nobody wants that. So I, for one, am just gonna go with it, and enjoy the novelty. And I hope Blizz doesn't screw it up too bad. Have fun, and please don't be too flamish about it, It's really annoying to scroll through 15 pages of flaming just to see a decent discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclejesse
    I'm not very nice and think I will stay away from the forums for a week to calm down
    (Note: This post might have been edited by Boubouille)
    My characters Bintah and Alicia

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    It all sounds awesome.

Why do people act like Blizzard is going to change how things are itemized? What's with this notion that things are going to be obvious upgrades or obvious downgrades? It's going to be exactly like it is now, certain pieces will favor certain stats and you'll have to tradeoff to build a specific way.

To change your example, here's what I expect things like rings to be itemized:

Random Cataclysm Ring 1 (iLvl 300)
    100 Stamina
    85 Intellect
    60 Spirit
    Increases critical strike rating by 72.

Random Cataclysm Ring 2 (iLvl 300)
    107 Stamina
    70 Intellect
    85 Spirit
    Increases critical strike rating by 60.

Random Cataclysm Ring 3 (iLvl 300)
    103 Stamina
    74 Intellect
    72 Spirit
    Increases haste rating by 38.
    Increases critical strike rating by 36.

You're still going to have to make choices for gear. Do you want:
    A - A heavy spellpower/crit ring with low regen.
    B - A heavy regen ring with low spell power/crit.
    C - A balanced spellpower/regen ring with low crit, but with additional haste.

Please, let's try to think about this logically.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced
    They won't in raid situations if your guild leader has any sense whatsoever.

Heroics? You should know better than to pug things by now.
    Exactly, these people must be running with really shitty guilds/raid leaders. In 99% of all the raids I've been in, main spec armor always went to that class over offspec for other classes. IE Priests get priority on cloth over shaman, druid and pally healers. Cloth caster gear goes to mages, warlocks and shadow priests over ele shammy's/boomkins. Druid heals got priority over shamans and pally's for leather healing gear ect. If this has ever been a problem, leave your shitty ass guild for a better one that actually knows how loot should be distributed.

SO MANY THINGS GOING BACK TO THEIR ROOTS AND ITS SO AWESOME

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

All the people complaining about lack of customization with the stat changes, are you ignoring this stuff:

The Path of the Titans will let players follow a path (not restricted to classes), this is a new talent system with new skills and passive abilities.
    Those who have mastered archaeology can find Titan artifacts, earning special currency used to unlock character paths and allowing the player to further customize their character.

because you can't read or because it would hinder your QQ?

One thing I do NOT understand is if Blizzard wanted to make both factions "balanced", then why are they giving Horde a FOURTH Shaman? And since when were Goblins um.. magical? Also it makes WAY more sense for a worgen to be a shaman but then again since humans arent and well, worgens turn into humans, Blizzard didnt want to deal with it. That's my guess. And dwarves are more of a mage not a shaman if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedi View Post
    I think the appropriate question is:

"Why do the GOOD gamer girls hide the fact that they're female? And why do the horrible gamer girls promote the fact that they're female in any situation regardless of how off topic or relevant it is?"