Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Class Discussions Panel

lol my wish would be gnome shamans. hehe 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Hunter
    • Hunter's mana is GONE!!!
    • Hunters now use focus, no longer care about intellect or mana regen.
    I'm kind of curious as to how this change may effect Enhancement Shamans. As it is now they both share the same type of gear but if hunters no longer need mana will shamans see a decrease in mana cost on Shocks and Lightning Bolt or will they get a talent to increase their mana pool or improved mana regen?

This is of course assuming Intellect is removed from the physical dps mail.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

I believe they are joking about it being a hunter weapon, people. Everything being a hunter weapon and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight
    I'm kind of curious as to how this change may effect Enhancement Shamans. As it is now they both share the same type of gear but if hunters no longer need mana will shamans see a decrease in mana cost on Shocks and Lightning Bolt or will they get a talent to increase their mana pool or improved mana regen?

This is of course assuming Intellect is removed from the physical dps mail.
    •Haste: Will also increase the rate at which you gain energy, runes, and focus. Retribution paladins and Enhancement shaman will have a talent that allows them to take advantage of this benefit.

Expect a Haste to scale the amount of mana gained through Imp. Stormstrike and Judgements of the Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Klâth
    •Haste: Will also increase the rate at which you gain energy, runes, and focus. Retribution paladins and Enhancement shaman will have a talent that allows them to take advantage of this benefit.

Expect a Haste to scale the amount of mana gained through Imp. Stormstrike and Judgements of the Wise.
    Ah, missed that change when I looked over it, thanks for pointing it out.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

•Armor Penetration: This ability is too confusing and "mathy." It is being replaced with Mastery, a stat that makes you better at what you do. More on that later!

Oh... like "weapon skill" that they broke apart and turned into expertise becuase it was to easy/good to stack.

All the stat changes seem like they simply want to simplify the math for themselves. So they can stop getting slapped in the face with all the numbers and spreadsheets that the theorycrafters develop to show them they don't even understand their own game.

An the elimination of mp5 to "just spirit" is hilarious considering they nerfed spirit and buffed mp5 for the surrent content because it was "doing to much" for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Eariam
    One thing I do NOT understand is if Blizzard wanted to make both factions "balanced", then why are they giving Horde a FOURTH Shaman?
    Oh hi pot I'm kettle. Ya and this hasn' been an issue on the other side with the fact that only belfs can currently be paladins?

Well Blizz seems to be working on that now. Tauren Pallys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedi View Post
    I think the appropriate question is:

"Why do the GOOD gamer girls hide the fact that they're female? And why do the horrible gamer girls promote the fact that they're female in any situation regardless of how off topic or relevant it is?"

WOW has jumped the shark.

I now know i will be leaving WOW. MAybe get a life and not play any MMO or maybe play KOTR MMO.

For all those crying over the stat homogenization, saying its going to make the game too easy for the baddies.

Baddies still stand in fire and dont move out of laser barrage. Any retarded can equip a piece of gear and look cool, but the true skill in this game is knowing boss encounters and knowing how to push the buttons on your action bar, not the stats on your armor.

Stop being bad.

Well Blizz seems to be working on that now. Tauren Pallys.
    cool. Horde has 2 paladins, Alliance has 2 shaman.
    "Mitt Romney is a lot like the band Nickelback. They sell a lot of records but I don’t know anybody that has one."

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair
    cool. Horde has 2 paladins, Alliance has 2 shaman.

lol?
    Alliance have 2 paladins, Horde have 4 shamans. See how that doesnt work?

"Why do the GOOD gamer girls hide the fact that they're female? And why do the horrible gamer girls promote the fact that they're female in any situation regardless of how off topic or relevant it is?"

lol?
    Alliance have 2 paladins, Horde have 4 shamans. See how that doesnt work?
    Oh no! Horde has 1 more paladin than Alliance has shaman!

Is that seriously what you're crying about?

Quote Originally Posted by Klâth
    Why do people act like Blizzard is going to change how things are itemized? What's with this notion that things are going to be obvious upgrades or obvious downgrades? It's going to be exactly like it is now, certain pieces will favor certain stats and you'll have to tradeoff to build a specific way.

To change your example, here's what I expect things like rings to be itemized:

Please, let's try to think about this logically.
    I cut out your examples, but I will explain from a warlock point of view.

For a warlock (destruction), everything has stam+int+spellpower. Then you get two more stats on your gear - spirit, haste, crit or hit.

The thing is, hit has a cap. Haste has a cap (softcap) where it becomes less desirable. So the only things that don't cap are crit (unless you can get 100%, which you can't) and spirit.

Now remove spirit. Remove spellpower.

Everything has int+stamina (assumption), and once you cap hit, there's only haste and crit. And once you softcap haste, you want crit. More crit. And more crit. There's not really anything else to look for.

Does that really sound exciting and interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by zacheryah
    i was all looking forward to it, untill i saw this rediculous removal of stats

thats fucking retarded, seriously

Customisation was something that actually required thinking and looking up stuff, getting an excell file out and checking out an upgrade path, changing gear cause of a nonhit trinket, cause the new one has a ton of haste or crit, where will you gain it ? where will you replace it ?

no, its now all changed to one single stat on gear and if u drop an item that has more of that stat, its better, else its not.

this also means spriest-mage lock, using the same nontier pieces, and perhaps boomkins and ele shamans to.

there is only one good thing about this : running the cataclysm version of naxxramas will have retardedly easy to hand out gear.
    this brings it to the core of this very change

WoW 4.0 is for casuals(nothing new) cause

Casuals get to : see everything, get everything handed to them, expirience everything, kill everything, without the need of skill, time or dedication

dedicated pve'ers get : hardmodes of what u allready killed that now give loot that has 4 more int or agi

so aion, i heard its a nice game
    Aion ain't for PvE'rs, next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kampreich
    Oh no! Horde has 1 more paladin than Alliance has shaman!

Is that seriously what you're crying about?
    uhm. no. Alliance and horde have 2 paladins (after this exp.) Horde has 4 shamans and alliance 2 (after exp.)
    See the inbalance? You kids are reading it all wrong then putting out something trying to put down my post by saying something that doesnt make sense.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

mail items will no longer be desirable for plate wearers
    What if a leather/mail item drops that's miles ahead of my current item and I'm a plate wearer.

Say no-one in the raid needs it but it's a major upgrade for me.

Great. Another piece to be disenchanted and wasted.

Good change there Blizzard.

uhm. no. Alliance and horde have 2 paladins (after this exp.) Horde has 4 shamans and alliance 2 (after exp.)
    See the inbalance? You kids are reading it all wrong then putting out something trying to put down my post by saying something that doesnt make sense.
    Alliance will have 3 Paladins and 2 Shaman.
    Horde will have 4 Shaman and 2 Paladins.
    If it were *truly* balanced completely alliance would have 4 paladins, but it's not that important.

EDIT:http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...trix_en_US.jpg

All I have to say about itemization I said... FOUR MONTHS AGO!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...45468&sid=1#15

Quote Originally Posted by Kampreich
    Alliance will have 3 Paladins and 2 Shaman.
    Horde will have 4 Shaman and 2 Paladins.
    If it were *truly* balanced completely alliance would have 4 paladins, but it's not that important.

EDIT:http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...trix_en_US.jpg
    My mistake, I seemed to have forgotten that draenei are pallys. But all im trying to say is horde really do not need another shaman. To make it balanced it would seem to just give the horde the pally and leave it at that. This also has to deal with lore and such. And as far as im concerned, Goblins are not magical caster beings. They always have all the technology crap. Which is why im so confused. Refer to my first post.