Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Class Discussions Panel

Quote Originally Posted by mechangel23
    I saw these changes (and the typos in them) and honestly thought MMO Champ was hacked, and some tard was posting a bunch of BS to freak people out. I think a lot of these stat simplifying changes are... well, they make things a bit too easy. I realize there are a lot of stats to juggle, but... I dont know, i still think 98% of this wont even show up. God only knows when the expansion will come out (and hopefully i will be done with wow by then), and how many changes to the changes they will make.

I fear change.

Anyone read of a new hero class, or any hints of one? I thought there was supposed to be one with each expansion. Well, we still have time. I'm waiting on the Sapper class :P
    I'll be sure to save this post when all of this does go live and you quit for fearing change. You do realise making a new class, especially a hero one has been shown as a huge undertaking? Here we are almost a year since the release of Wrath and DK's are finally getting balanced somewhat. At least blizzard has acknowledged that randomly throwing out a new class each expansion is a terrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    I cut out your examples, but I will explain from a warlock point of view.

For a warlock (destruction), everything has stam+int+spellpower. Then you get two more stats on your gear - spirit, haste, crit or hit.

The thing is, hit has a cap. Haste has a cap (softcap) where it becomes less desirable. So the only things that don't cap are crit (unless you can get 100%, which you can't) and spirit.

Now remove spirit. Remove spellpower.

Everything has int+stamina (assumption), and once you cap hit, there's only haste and crit. And once you softcap haste, you want crit. More crit. And more crit. There's not really anything else to look for.

Does that really sound exciting and interesting?
    Welcome to the world of Plate itemization, now your class is on the same page with Warriors and Paladins. Here, I'll change your post to show you what I mean.

For a Paladin (Retribution), everything has Stamina and Strength. Then you get two more stats on your gear - Hit, Expertise, Crit, and Haste.

The thing is, Hit and Expertise both have a cap. Haste isn't desireable for ANY 2Hander class, it's essentially wasted itemization points. So the only things that don't cap are Crit (unless you can get 100%, which you can't).

Everything has Stamina and Strength (assumption), and once you cap Hit/Expertise, there's only Haste and Crit. And you never wanted Haste to begin with, you want Strength. More Strength. And more Strength. There's not really anything else to look for.

There just forcing the other classes to deal with what Plate wearers have been dealing with since BC. Sucks, yes, but welcome to our world.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendawn
    Well, I guess it's time to move on from WoW...

I'm moving on to Aion when it releases in September.
    Yeah and I'm moving on to Warhammer, and LotRO. Oh wait.

Now the real question comes up.

Will Worgen Run on all 4s.

IF so. fuckyeah. making a hunter or a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Klâth
    Welcome to the world of Plate itemization, now your class is on the same page with Warriors and Paladins. Here, I'll change your post to show you what I mean.

For a Paladin (Retribution), everything has Stamina and Strength. Then you get two more stats on your gear - Hit, Expertise, Crit, and Haste.

The thing is, Hit and Expertise both have a cap. Haste isn't desireable for ANY 2Hander class, it's essentially wasted itemization points. So the only things that don't cap are Crit (unless you can get 100%, which you can't).

Everything has Stamina and Strength (assumption), and once you cap Hit/Expertise, there's only Haste and Crit. And you never wanted Haste to begin with, you want Strength. More Strength. And more Strength. There's not really anything else to look for.

There just forcing the other classes to deal with what Plate wearers have been dealing with since BC. Sucks, yes, but welcome to our world.

Dont forget ArP.. they actually put that shit on Ret tier.. Seriously blizzard? Id rather have haste than ArP...

Quote Originally Posted by Eariam
    My mistake, I seemed to have forgotten that draenei are pallys. But all im trying to say is horde really do not need another shaman. To make it balanced it would seem to just give the horde the pally and leave it at that. This also has to deal with lore and such. And as far as im concerned, Goblins are not magical caster beings. They always have all the technology crap. Which is why im so confused. Refer to my first post.
    Yeah, I'm honestly clueless as to why they gave Goblins shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kampreich
    Yeah, I'm honestly clueless as to why they gave Goblins shaman.
    You see Tauren Paladin and Undead hunter, but Goblin Shaman makes you wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by shablam
    Yeah and I'm moving on to Warhammer, and LotRO. Oh wait.
    Oh yeah all the MMO's that were going to "Crush WoW"? All I have to say is LOL@ Warhammer that has like, 50 players left, and LOL@ Lotro for just being a bad game.

Everquest 2 is still pretty fun, but is NOT made for a wide audience so it could never hope to nab the fanbase that WoW has. And Aion, well...I tried the beta out and it was pretty fun, but I don't see it overturning WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Eariam
    uhm. no. Alliance and horde have 2 paladins (after this exp.) Horde has 4 shamans and alliance 2 (after exp.)
    See the inbalance? You kids are reading it all wrong then putting out something trying to put down my post by saying something that doesnt make sense.
    Alliance has 3 right now as it stands. Dwarf, human, draenei. Basic math, learn it.

atleast now with hunters not using mana, enhancement shamans wont have to roll against anyone for their gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Rycul
    They will look the same, except that they have a tophat, monocle and a name that's a variant of Jacob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul
    Your avatar is a 10-year old girl from Pokémon. Your opinions on sexuality are invalid.

The only game remotely close to putting a dent in blizzards monster ATM is KoTOR online. The game itself though is years away from being released so blizzard has a comfortable cusion. We all know that we'll come back to wow for our fix and that will be that. Is there seriously anything out there right now that isn't a complete botch job by their developers?

Quote Originally Posted by zacheryah
    without the need of skill, time or dedication
    Because requiring dedication and time in a game is good amidoinitrite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I think this should win some kind of award. I mean, we must now have had one post about literally EVERY SINGLE FEATURE in the ENTIRE GAME which "ruined wow".

Quote Originally Posted by shablam
    You see Tauren Paladin and Undead hunter, but Goblin Shaman makes you wonder?
    Goblin Shaman sets an imbalance between giving horde and alliance equal amounts of shaman/paladin (originally faction-exclusive)

Had they not given Goblins shaman, there would have been 3 Shaman and 2 Paladin for Horde, with 3 Paladins and 2 Shaman for alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemyn
    Lol I love how it says attack power is gone
    then in the next line it says agility gives 2 AP

makes me smile :
    its says attack power will no longer be on gear and it will come from agi for leather/mail users and str for plate users...doesnt say its gone entirely...
    and i diffinately like the changes but its gonna suck as healers since caster gear with hit is for dps and caster gear without is best for healers but still usable by dps

Quote Originally Posted by shingai
    atleast now with hunters not using mana, enhancement shamans wont have to roll against anyone for their gear
    With all the homogenizing of gear, what makes you think they are going to keep intellect on mail physical dps gear? The will just turn enhance to ret with 5k mana (we can do it, so can you)

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth
    Because requiring dedication and time in a game is good amidoinitrite?
    With enough dedication and skill, you too can play an MMO. And don't forget, when your DPS is over 5000, you receive a salary, benefits and an engaging and exciting career.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Klâth

Well, aside from armor penetration, that someone else mentioned... In cataclysm, haste will be a better stats for physical dps as it will increase your regen rates for focus/rage/runes. Doubt they'll leave retris in the cold there - but who knows? :

Also the reforging system might make it so that if you have 100 hit rating more than you need on your gear, maybe you can reforge those 100 hit rating into X intellect or Y crit rating instead. Then item choices would open up alot.

Quote Originally Posted by balatro
    Agreed. Gut instinct says we'll see the next xpac in April or May. Maybe March but I think that'll be cutting it close.
    That all depends on if it takes more time to redesign a zone than to create a new zone from scratch. If it takes less time, then the release is sooner. If it is more time, then the release is later.

Though from that video, it looks like that the folks at Blizzard already have working models of the redesigned zones, which means the content might be sooner.

Blizzard could be shooting for a late February 2010 release like they did with the Burning Crusade.

But either way, a lot of these zone redesigns are probably going to start hitting the normal servers before the launch of the Cataclysm Expansion Pack. Too many things can go wrong if they did all these changes at once.

We already know from the test server that we are getting quests that hint to the changes that are coming.

The third impact (in game) will likely happen sooner than you think. (Sorry to all you EVA fans out there.)

Quote Originally Posted by shingai
    Intellect:

- No more int for hunters or enhancement.

From the itemization part, video here at 1:25

Give worgen to alliance who cares they should have just added Pandarians instead of goblins