Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Class Discussions Panel

What they are actually doing is copying an existing formula. Stats have been used to determine things like spell power for years in the MMO world. This isn't new, and its much more player friendly. I would much rather see an item that is:

200 intellect
    100 spirit

then one that is:

100 intellect
    50 spirit
    50 spell power
    20 mp5

It just looks better. Its about time they get rid of the stupidity that is the defense rating as well. I personally can't bring myself to play a tank that isn't a druid anymore because I'm tired of playing the defense balancing game. Gear upgrades should be gear upgrades and because of the stupidity that is defense that is not always the case. Now they just need to get rid of crap like resilience. I also LOVE how they are talking up "rated battlegrounds" but not mentioning arenas at all. Maybe they finally realized when less than 10% of your player base competes in a system it might just not be that fun.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindukel
    Oh yeah all the MMO's that were going to "Crush WoW"? All I have to say is LOL@ Warhammer that has like, 50 players left, and LOL@ Lotro for just being a bad game.

Everquest 2 is still pretty fun, but is NOT made for a wide audience so it could never hope to nab the fanbase that WoW has. And Aion, well...I tried the beta out and it was pretty fun, but I don't see it overturning WoW.

Warhammer is a much better game than WoW. Hands down, its just a much better game. Its much more fun and the majority of the systems are much more playable. It actually focuses on fun through out the entire game instead of grinding to the end to grind for the gear. The problem with it is that it doesn't have server stability because they were dumb enough to not use decent servers. However, its still 100x more fun than current WoW.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Kampreich
    Goblin Shaman sets an imbalance between giving horde and alliance equal amounts of shaman/paladin (originally faction-exclusive)

Had they not given Goblins shaman, there would have been 3 Shaman and 2 Paladin for Horde, with 3 Paladins and 2 Shaman for alliance.
    Ok, are you proud of yourself? You drove me to create an account on this website, because I was sick of hearing your verbal butthurt.

You're completely missing the big picture. Alliance also has one extra of a class, which balances, if not tips the scales in favor of the Alliance. Alli now officially, in the Worgen, has one extra what? What is this? Druid. The class that was limited to not 4, not 3 races, but one. There was originally ONE class per faction that could use a druid. And quite enjoying them, and knowing that there were only one per faction, kind of annoyed me as the alliance were getting another race that could use them. One more shaman on the Horde side (that could originally use them!) shouldn't be as big of a deal.

These goblins are shamans because they were shipwrecked, and came from a completely different place. They are not Gadgetzan goblins, and they are not Venture Co. goblins. They have a completely different set of morals and ideals than these goblins. Think about it, it would argueably make sense for worgen to be druids (though I say argueably because I don't think a werewolf beast people summoned by mages would be too attuned to the earth and its spirits), then they may have made them druids anyways. Think about it. If the horde had the same amount of pallies and shammies as the alliance, but the alliance had one more of a unique class to each faction, where would that leave us?

The arguement is over. Blizz thought about this beforehand, and adjusted accordingly, so leave it alone and shut your whore mouth. No more QQing.

I don't understand what's with all the QQ.

Sure they're removing a few itemization stats from gear (SP, AP, etc...), but they also expressed plans on adding features such as the Path of the Titans. Personally? I'd love that change. There's a certain set talent spec for nearly every class in order to maximize dps and such that everyone pretty much follows now. If what they plan is actually executed, you'll hopefully see a bunch of different builds that are viable instead of for example, seeing every single boomkin with the exact same spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    [size=3][b]

Hunter
    • Hunter's mana is GONE!!!
    • Hunters now use focus, no longer care about intellect or mana regen.
    • Focus regenerates contunously, Steady shot improves the rate of getting focus bag.
    • Rogue energy comes back at a 10 / sec rate, Hunter focus comes back at 6/sec (12/sec with steady shot)
    • A shot costs 30 to 60 focus.

DO NOT WANT, I've always hated playing rogues, simply because of the whole energy thing, but now there doing it to my favourite class? the hunter? you must be kidding, this kinda ruins my excitement for this expansion.. :-[[/list]

I don't know what people are freaking out about... It sounds like it is going back to the way gear use to be. (though for lawls the last set should just be called of the falcon or what have you.) I think people are just upset cause they want to see all that green lettering underneath their gear.

By synchronizing stats it will be easier to balance classes (warriors and priests go yay, pallies go >:l). Cause they can give different preferred speccs (cause everyone copy and pastes speccs now a days.) the same stats vs. other classes to see how they scale then they can decide what to do about buffing or nerfing or altering. As in they could give a fire mage 500 base int and a shadow priest 500 base in and do tests to see how each does well, and also with all the other casters etc. Rather than have SP which can do different things for different classes at different rates. (Hopefully all spell power will scale the same on ALL spells and then they will decrease/increase dmg coefficients where they need be, same with AP).

I just think people are gettin upset over nothing... there will still be gear and gear will still play a part.. but it seems like what they are trying to do is that when someone has crappy dps or healing or tanking instead of thinking "hmmmmmm... I need to update my gear" they will think hmmm... maybe I should tweak my specc to work for me. Overall it seems like it is becoming a more skill based and talent based game rather than gear/ class based game.

Idk, sounds really awesome imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 3cheesed
    Ok, are you proud of yourself? You drove me to create an account on this website, because I was sick of hearing your verbal butthurt.

You're completely missing the big picture. Alliance also has one extra of a class, which balances, if not tips the scales in favor of the Alliance. Alli now officially, in the Worgen, has one extra what? What is this? Druid. The class that was limited to not 4, not 3 races, but one. There was originally ONE class per faction that could use a druid. And quite enjoying them, and knowing that there were only one per faction, kind of annoyed me as the alliance were getting another race that could use them. One more shaman on the Horde side (that could originally use them!) shouldn't be as big of a deal.

These goblins are shamans because they were shipwrecked, and came from a completely different place. They are not Gadgetzan goblins, and they are not Venture Co. goblins. They have a completely different set of morals and ideals than these goblins. Think about it, it would argueably make sense for worgen to be druids (though I say argueably because I don't think a werewolf beast people summoned by mages would be too attuned to the earth and its spirits), then they may have made them druids anyways. Think about it. If the horde had the same amount of pallies and shammies as the alliance, but the alliance had one more of a unique class to each faction, where would that leave us?

The arguement is over. Blizz thought about this beforehand, and adjusted accordingly, so leave it alone and shut your whore mouth. No more QQing.
    If you read about a page ago I was saying that the imbalance between the two previously faction-exclusive classes was "not that important". What you quoted was me justifying my questioning of Blizzards decision to add Goblin Shaman. It's crazy what can make people nerdrage these days.

EDIT: Trolls can also be Druids now, giving both the horde and alliance two druids.

This is a interesting question is the switch race faction going to work with theses two new races?

Example:I want to take my Orc warrior and make him into a bloodelf warrior..

Quote Originally Posted by War30
    This is a interesting question is the switch race faction going to work with theses two new races?

Example:I want to take my Orc warrior and make him into a bloodelf warrior..
    They're enabling faction changes: Alliance->Horde and Horde->Alliance.

Unless they've changed their mind, I believe they're still sticking to their guns about not allowing race changes within factions.

If that is the case, just wait it out. It'll change too.

I'm really looking forward to this xpac. I've always loved old world content and to finally see those zones opened that were closed is pretty awesome. The new talent system sounds interesting can't wait to hear more details about that. I don't play a warlock or a hunter but the changes to shards sounds awesome. I'm not sure about the focus system since I've never played a hunter. If its like rogue/kitty druids then it might not be all that bad? So Ret Pallys are the only Phys DPS left with mana as a resource or do enhancement shamans still use it but not rely on it as much as they do now?

Look, I know at least the intellect to spellpower won't make that much of a difference at all.

For example, I'll take my Priest who has around 1000 intellect and 1000 spirit. Factor in 2 SP for each INT, and .25SP for each Spirit due to Spiritual Guidance, and that would make 2250 Spellpower. Take away the spellpower gains from my pure spellpower gems and trinket, and you get a number very close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritbeast
    Look, I know at least the intellect to spellpower won't make that much of a difference at all.

For example, I'll take my Priest who has around 1000 intellect and 1000 spirit. Factor in 2 SP for each INT, and .25SP for each Spirit due to Spiritual Guidance, and that would make 2250 Spellpower. Take away the spellpower gains from my pure spellpower gems and trinket, and you get a number very close to that.
    I'm excited about the SP changes. My main spec is Disc with the rare chance I decide to play shadow. Do you think they will keep the talents that give you more Spirit/Int?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritbeast

It's just going to water the game down even further. Most healers are stacking Int already, with these changes the DPS will be too.

GJ Blizz...

DAMN!
    I fall asleep at the panel beginning :'( :'( :'(

Some amazing changes but why do they want to remove so much stats? I think they want to close more Itemization-Niches :-/

Most of those changes sound good to me... and I say most because the removal of stats imo is just plain STUPID!
    One of the biggest fun of this game for me is figuring out is this item gonna improve me more or not. In some cases an item with a lower ilvl is better then one with the higher one simply because of certain combination of stats and to change that simply because some people cba to "calculate" is beyond me.

This just... doesn't sit right with me...

Quote Originally Posted by Emerys
    Most of those changes sound good to me... and I say most because the removal of stats imo is just plain STUPID!
    One of the biggest fun of this game for me is figuring out is this item gonna improve me more or not. In some cases an item with a lower ilvl is better then one with the higher one simply because of certain combination of stats and to change that simply because some people cba to "calculate" is beyond me.

This just... doesn't sit right with me...
    not everyone enjoys drawing up spreadsheets to figure out stats. this will be much better and brings things back to the way they were pre-BC.

That are freaking big changes everywhere for cataclysm. This game will change more than it did anytime before..wow.

Iam still confused, what does this means? Spirit for Paladin healers?

They really need to totally redesign all the talent trees and abilitys to make this happn. This is madness.

Not sure if this was touched on or not, not reading through 17 pages.....

The changes to gear stats is NOT removing AP / SP etc from the game, its removing SP / AP etc from gear, you will still have AP on rings, AP gems, SP trinkets, SP Rings and so on. They are making it so that gear will be a base stat conversion from talents or class, IE wars get AP from Strength, Rogues from Agility and so on.

You can then Reforge an item to give you a diff stat that you want by lossing a stat currently on the gear, like trading Stam for Haste / Hit / Crit or what not (not 100% sure on how much or what ratio you get, will be watching tomorrow to see what the deal is).

I just see alot of QQ... trying to do my part to clear up the info, alot of people didn't see the Q&A and are going off what is written down from people who aren't in-the-know.

"omg pre bc pwns ALL i wish we were in PRE BC AGAIN"

now that you see some changes that resemble old times you QQ just as much.

remind me of my girlfriend,when i stick it in she screams,when i stick it out she cries.
    make up ur minds

In my opinion the game has simplified enough already. Mass ressurection ? like 4 stats total to go for ? It's just all a bit too ridiculous. The changes to aoe in wotlk were bad enough already now that CC doesn't exist anymore and everyone just zergs whatever they see instead of having to think about it.