Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: Class Discussions Panel

Quote Originally Posted by dieseledge
    Do any of you fucktards read all tha changes before posting your dumb ass replies?

They are adding Path of the Titans, Tree Mastery, Re-forging, and Guild talents. That alone makes TC more complex than it is right now. Stop talking like you're the one creating RAWR or every other TC site out there. STFU, it's not hard to choose gear, morons. It's just one less variable for you fucking nerds to punch into your little calculators.

If you're playing WoW, even if you're good at it, you're not an intellectual elite or even a good manager of time. People that can actually talk shit are doing bigger and better things than playing WoW so go on thinking that calculating AP and ArP took any brain power. You're just a bitter nerd crying about a video game.

And FFS, it's not like anyone put any thought into stats like Intellect anyway.
    stack more int dude. u need it.

lol

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pelias
    Tauren Paladins? Seriously?

Utterly ridiculous. It just goes against the whole vibe of Thunderbluff.

Undead Hunters... just wrong. 'no you stupid wolf, attack the mob not me - stop licking my leg bone!'

The final cherry on the failcake was seeing all the nerds gathered at Blizzcon... what total, utter fat fuck nerds. Oh my god, what a a come to jesus... I don't want to be regarded as part of the embarassing subhuman group. Somewhere along the line I fooled myself into thinking WoW was cool, but looking at this people I suddenly realised that it is not at all. All the negativity on the forums such as this makes total sense... these people are the worst kind - elitist celebate, self loathing, social retards on a virtual power trip.

LOL. I.. am... done. And part from all that...

When Arthas dies, WoW dies...

To quote Dennis Hopper from Apocalypse Now:- 'Cause he dies when it dies, when it dies, he dies!' and regarding the Cataclysm:-

'This is the way the fucking world ends. Look at this fucking shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm fucking splitting, Jack.'
    Amen!

I quite like the new changes i've seen so far.
    They seem to be trying to impliment individualism for your character, via the talents, professions and the path of titans. Enhancing your character to what you like to do best.
    Sounds good to me =]

Pelia, you're the one who sounds like an elitist.
    Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hindukel
    All of you elitist pricks acting like the stats are the only thing that made the game challenging must be high on crack or something. Just because an item has an AESTHETIC CHANGE doesn't mean that it's going to be any easier to say, PvP against other players or defeat a difficult PvE encounter. wtf, I don't even understand how you can equate this change to making the game "easy" it has nothing to do with the ability to perform in-game at all.
    Easy isn't the word, mundane is the word. Every single caster will get hit to the cap, then stack int. If they're healing they can ignore the hit all together.

Everyone knows haste comes from gear, and int is a better regen stat than spirit is. Seriously, I can't wait to equip my badass 'of the eagle' gear next expansion and stack pure int gems in every socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelias
    Tauren Paladins? Seriously?

Utterly ridiculous. It just goes against the whole vibe of Thunderbluff.
    Technically any race can hear the call of the light and be either a Priest or a Paladin. Especially since apparently all you need is to get the Naaru to let you use their energy. Tauren are all kinds of noble and good, Paladin is the perfect class for them.

Trust me I am not one to ever go thru the whole math of every .1 of dmg, but always fun to shift gear around and see what you can do etc. If they really are making it all based on stats, that will make gear incredibly boring- so what the new caster legendary will have 10,000 int? Thats my main gripe, so much of this game revolves around gear, to simplify it that much would really make me lose interest. If thats in fact what the plan is. Dunno what other stuff is planning to be added, as its so early on.

As for the talents, I actually think it sounds interesting and could be fun way to do talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo
    Maybe in the next expansion they're will only be three stats! HP | MANA | POWER, depending on your role you just stack 1 stat! And then there will be trees labled 'Tank, Heal, DPS, PvP' and the talents will come with everything you need. WTFG blizz
    yeah this was my impression too. lol.

Wasn't there supposed to be another class discussion today?

Should I be expecting mmo champion to update with more class info soon?

well...i was excited about cata but after reading this...not so much QQ

so to all the ppl complaining about it going from World of Theorycraft to World of Easycraft pls fo play aion or AoC or WAR or something. they are making it less of a crunch numbers in your mother basement at age 33 kinda game. srsy they want the majority of players to be able to know how to gear up and not RL gnomes calculating the odds that if i were to wear this epic staff and attack a lvl 80 elite mob while moving will my dps be higher than if im wearing this epic dagger offhand combo fighting the same lvl 80 elite.

World of warcraft is becoming less of a life and more of a game.......like blizzard intended. so some simplification is needed to make sure the majority of the populace is ok and also blizzard announces all kinda of random changes and few make it through the grind so yea, lets see what blizzard does, give em a chance to mess up b4 claiming they killed WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair
    Horde has 2 druids, Trolls and Tauren.
    Alliance has 2 druids, Nightelves and Worgen.
    O.o
    Lolwut

Ohhh, I see it now.
    Still, in all seriousness, one extra combination (which imo is merely a physical difference -.-) isn't that much to be QQing about.
    And yeah, I did look like quite the retard looking back on it, didn't I? At least I can admit to it.

All these people talking about how it's going "back to classic"... WRONG.

Classic damn well had +Spell Damage, +Healing, +Attack Power, et cetera.
    It just wasn't prevalent until you got into tier gear.

Dungeon 1/Tier 0 didn't have anything but base stats (except for set bonuses) until they updated them. Tier 1, and tier 1 equivalent loot, started showing these all important stats.

The only way this makes it "like classic" is leveling gear. When I leveled my first mage back in classic, I stacked as much "of the Eagle" gear as I could because stats were everything. INT/STA. No need for anything else. At least not until 60 and raiding. And that was bland as hell. This change, just given how it was proposed, is going to be equally as bland.

Do I agree that secondary equip stats were getting unruly? Yes, to a point. But spell damage/healing (now spellpower) has been around since the days of freakin' Molten Core. Why roll it into Intellect now? And if they're rolling spellpower into intellect, which is also a mage's primary crit stat, what's going to become the crit stat? Are they going to modify Molten Armor accordingly or are they still going to insist we stack spirit for extra crit even though they're basically laying out spirit as a sole stat for regen?

And this will open a whole new level of annoying theorycrafting because you know there won't be parity between int and spellpower. Given current item budgets, if they doubled int on a ilevel 232 chest piece but removed spellpower, there would have to be a 2-to-1 or 3-to-1 ratio between spellpower and int. At least with the spellpower equip you knew exactly what you were getting.

Alas, I digress. There's way too many questions for me to draw complete judgement on this new direction but as it was proposed currently I'm not really digging it. Maybe future clarification will change my mind.

"Legendary Item

* Shadowmourne - You won't get Frostmourne in Icecrown but Death Knights and Hunters will get a Legendary Axe named Shadowmourne. "

what? why only death knights, and hunters? i mean i could understand if it was death knight only. but why add hunters in there, and give warriors, and paladins the snub?

Quote Originally Posted by Loganius
    If they're giving all of those racials to the goblins and worgen, I definitely think they need to beef up the other races as well.
    They will roll out, get some 85s and say OP and then nerf them. Standard process.

It does feel like alot for the new classes, but they have to apply alot of interest in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by slimj091
    "Legendary Item

* Shadowmourne - You won't get Frostmourne in Icecrown but Death Knights and Hunters will get a Legendary Axe named Shadowmourne. "

what? why only death knights, and hunters? i mean i could understand if it was death knight only. but why add hunters in there, and give warriors, and paladins the snub?

Sounds like it contradicts the Str for plate wearers and agi for mail/leather wearers thing they were going for.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    Sounds like it contradicts the Str for plate wearers and agi for mail/leather wearers thing they were going for.
    Or it'd be a joke.
    A-duuuuh... :

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Class Discussions - Q&A
    Below is a small recap of the Q&A of the Class Discussions panel.
    [blizzquote]
    • Casters will finally get a Legendary item in one of the first raids of the expansion.
    yay[/list]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

• Quote Originally Posted by Dextros
      yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextros
    I'll bite. What the fuck was http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22632 then?

WoW, lots of really different changes.

And the times they are a changing

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cavalier
    • You mean the legendary that was obtained by 0.1% of the people that could actually use it, due to raids being largly inaccessible, and the fact that collecting the pieces and killing the required bosses took a lot of time?

The legendary that is 100% impossible to obtain now? (unlike ALL the other legendaries). Casters can't even go back for nostaligic or fun reasons. It's completely gone.

The legendary that had but an incredibly short life span before the expansion?

Oh right, Atiesh. How could casters be so greedy wanting just 1 obtainable legendary. Just 1 legendary, out of the what, 5? 6? melee legendaries over 5 years. You ignorant casters, how dare you be so selfish.

And Warriors are the last class that should get a legendary. I can't believe there are so many Warriors whining about this. And you people have the audacity to tell casters to stfu because they go Atiesh.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"