Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
  1. #361

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    All these people talking about how it's going "back to classic"... WRONG.

    Classic damn well had +Spell Damage, +Healing, +Attack Power, et cetera.
    It just wasn't prevalent until you got into tier gear.

    Dungeon 1/Tier 0 didn't have anything but base stats (except for set bonuses) until they updated them. Tier 1, and tier 1 equivalent loot, started showing these all important stats.

    The only way this makes it "like classic" is leveling gear. When I leveled my first mage back in classic, I stacked as much "of the Eagle" gear as I could because stats were everything. INT/STA. No need for anything else. At least not until 60 and raiding. And that was bland as hell. This change, just given how it was proposed, is going to be equally as bland.

    Do I agree that secondary equip stats were getting unruly? Yes, to a point. But spell damage/healing (now spellpower) has been around since the days of freakin' Molten Core. Why roll it into Intellect now? And if they're rolling spellpower into intellect, which is also a mage's primary crit stat, what's going to become the crit stat? Are they going to modify Molten Armor accordingly or are they still going to insist we stack spirit for extra crit even though they're basically laying out spirit as a sole stat for regen?

    And this will open a whole new level of annoying theorycrafting because you know there won't be parity between int and spellpower. Given current item budgets, if they doubled int on a ilevel 232 chest piece but removed spellpower, there would have to be a 2-to-1 or 3-to-1 ratio between spellpower and int. At least with the spellpower equip you knew exactly what you were getting.

    Alas, I digress. There's way too many questions for me to draw complete judgement on this new direction but as it was proposed currently I'm not really digging it. Maybe future clarification will change my mind.

  2. #362

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    "Legendary Item

    * Shadowmourne - You won't get Frostmourne in Icecrown but Death Knights and Hunters will get a Legendary Axe named Shadowmourne. "

    what? why only death knights, and hunters? i mean i could understand if it was death knight only. but why add hunters in there, and give warriors, and paladins the snub?


  3. #363

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Quote Originally Posted by Loganius
    If they're giving all of those racials to the goblins and worgen, I definitely think they need to beef up the other races as well.
    They will roll out, get some 85s and say OP and then nerf them. Standard process.

    It does feel like alot for the new classes, but they have to apply alot of interest in there.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  4. #364

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Quote Originally Posted by slimj091
    "Legendary Item

    * Shadowmourne - You won't get Frostmourne in Icecrown but Death Knights and Hunters will get a Legendary Axe named Shadowmourne. "

    what? why only death knights, and hunters? i mean i could understand if it was death knight only. but why add hunters in there, and give warriors, and paladins the snub?

    Sounds like it contradicts the Str for plate wearers and agi for mail/leather wearers thing they were going for.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  5. #365

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    Sounds like it contradicts the Str for plate wearers and agi for mail/leather wearers thing they were going for.
    Or it'd be a joke.
    ...
    A-duuuuh... :

  6. #366
    Legendary! Garots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    King's Landing
    Posts
    6,418

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Class Discussions - Q&A
    Below is a small recap of the Q&A of the Class Discussions panel.
    [blizzquote]
    • Casters will finally get a Legendary item in one of the first raids of the expansion.
    yay[/list]

  7. #367

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    • Quote Originally Posted by Dextros
      yay
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextros
    I'll bite. What the fuck was http://www.wowhead.com/?item=22632 then?

  8. #368

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    WoW, lots of really different changes.

    And the times they are a changing

  9. #369
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    943

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Quote Originally Posted by cavalier
    • You mean the legendary that was obtained by 0.1% of the people that could actually use it, due to raids being largly inaccessible, and the fact that collecting the pieces and killing the required bosses took a lot of time?

      The legendary that is 100% impossible to obtain now? (unlike ALL the other legendaries). Casters can't even go back for nostaligic or fun reasons. It's completely gone.

      The legendary that had but an incredibly short life span before the expansion?

      Oh right, Atiesh. How could casters be so greedy wanting just 1 obtainable legendary. Just 1 legendary, out of the what, 5? 6? melee legendaries over 5 years. You ignorant casters, how dare you be so selfish.

      And Warriors are the last class that should get a legendary. I can't believe there are so many Warriors whining about this. And you people have the audacity to tell casters to stfu because they go Atiesh.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"

  10. #370

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Well I will say this there have been several warrior and pally useable legendaries and the warglaves and the was a bow also if i remember correctly.



    * * Lok'tar Ogar* For The Horde!!

  11. #371

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    • Quote Originally Posted by skylla05
      You mean the legendary that was obtained by 0.1% of the people that could actually use it, due to raids being largly inaccessible, and the fact that collecting the pieces and killing the required bosses took a lot of time?

      The legendary that is 100% impossible to obtain now? (unlike ALL the other legendaries). Casters can't even go back for nostaligic or fun reasons. It's completely gone.

      The legendary that had but an incredibly short life span before the expansion?

      Oh right, Atiesh. How could casters be so greedy wanting just 1 obtainable legendary. Just 1 legendary, out of the what, 5? 6? melee legendaries over 5 years. You ignorant casters, how dare you be so selfish.

      And Warriors are the last class that should get a legendary. I can't believe there are so many Warriors whining about this. And you people have the audacity to tell casters to stfu because they go Atiesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by skylla05
    Easy, tinkerbell, I'm a caster. :P

    Just particular about language is all. "Casters get a new legendary", etcetera.

  12. #372

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Quote Originally Posted by xano880
    yeah because mail items dont have agility on their own : seriously ...
    His point is, without the need for intellect to have more mana for special attacks, rogue/druid leather will be just as good as hunter/shaman mail since they will essentially be itemized the same.

  13. #373

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    .....why we can't cleanse the corrupted Ashbringer! for god sake am playing this game to get it!!!!

  14. #374
    Blademaster mikenjenn72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    western MA
    Posts
    30

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconius666
    NO WORGAN SHAMMYS. BLIZZ YOU GOT SOME SPLAINING TO DO.

    change from a dog on 2 legs into a dog on 4?

  15. #375
    Blademaster mikenjenn72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    western MA
    Posts
    30

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Quote Originally Posted by Emkya
    I don't really like idea of being able to reforge items. For example as a healer you get and item with x amount of stamina and y amount of int and you don't have any spirit at all in it so you're able to convert ? amount of x into spirit. The only good thing I see in this change is that you'll be able to get the stats you want easier, but hey, is Blizzard just getting lazy with designing items with different statcombinations?

    in udluar there was an item that was a HUGE upgrade for my druid healer more int more spell pwr ect. my mod for stats was showing all green <meaning better stats> on everything by a large margen.....then theres the hit...."sorry thats not for you. ya i know you have maxed out DKP cus most things in here have hit but too bad" so my max dkp off spec bid lost to a 30 dkp main spec /cry. with this new system i WOULD be able to take that item and turn the hit into haste or what ever stat wasnt already on it.

  16. #376

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Every healer class can now dispell magic, the niches will other debuffs.

    Does anyone else think that this with ruin the niche of the priest as a dispeller? The same way warriors lost their niche because Blizzard gave mortal strike to a lot of other classes now.

  17. #377

    Re: Class Discussions Panel

    Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    Warhammer is a much better game than WoW. Hands down, its just a much better game. Its much more fun and the majority of the systems are much more playable. It actually focuses on fun through out the entire game instead of grinding to the end to grind for the gear. The problem with it is that it doesn't have server stability because they were dumb enough to not use decent servers. However, its still 100x more fun than current WoW.
    Actually it has almost no end game unless you are on the side that is farming the other side in PvP. The problem with their game is that they never added the third faction to balance out what is happening right now. One faction side utterly dominates the other on each server.

    Other than that the games foundation for PvP is superior to WoW. Their implementaion though and their heavy handed changes have done more harm than good. If they took the game back to its core and rebooted it with what is needed it would take the PvPers from WoW. However with their recent acquisition of BioWare, you can be almost certain Warhammer is going to have its plugged pulled when KoTOR releases.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •