Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

No more mana! - Focus now!

Pretty sweet change.
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

15+ Year Old Account

Re: No more mana! - Focus now!

Sounds cool indeed. Tho I have 1 question about this change: Why? ???

To quote myself from another thread:

"What I like about this is it fixes the dps variation on mana. That is, I find resource management to be a good part of a class and Hunters have none in a raid situation. While soloing or perhaps in a 10man where you don't have enough support you have to think about it, but in the end game mana stops being a consideration. Blizzard is somewhat stuck on this point, where they have to balance around maximal dps potential...which is incidentally the situation that requires little/no resource management. I think this'll make raiding as a Hunter a more interesting experience than it is now."

What i see is a burst nurf? No more Aimed, Chim, Arcan, Silent ? Focusreg inc... and i hope theres a talent that gievs us the ap we now gain from int :X
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MilkaMaus
    i hope theres a talent that gievs us the ap we now gain from int :X
    AP will be removed from the gear totally. Int will be removed from Hunters and Enhancement gear totally. Hunters/Rogues/Shaman/Druids will get 2 AP for every point of Agi.

Read the patch notes/take a look at the screenshots

Edited for people not reading full topics and making some foolish statement because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by octalol
    hunter Q&A about 1 month ago:

Q: Are there any long term plans to possibly removing the need for hunters to rely on a different resource system than mana?
    A: I hate to do this to you, but this is a great BlizzCon question. For these Q&As, we’d like to keep the focus on each class’s current status and short-term plans, but at BlizzCon we’ll be happy to go into some more detail on our long-term vision for them.
    there's nothing wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    AP will be removed from the game totally. Int will be removed from Hunters and Enhancement gear totally. Hunters/Rogues/Shaman/Druids will get 2 AP for every point of Agi.

er...?

Quote Originally Posted by skrumpcious
    er...?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Itemization
    In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, there are plans to streamline the statistics found on items. We want to remove all unnecessary stats, make all existing stats understandable, and make all "core" stats more appealing. Here are some examples of such plans.

* Attack Power: We're removing Attack Power from items as well. Instead, we're allowing Agility to provide the necessary Attack Power for leather and mail wearers. Strength will provide the appropriate amount of Attack Power for plate wearers. This means leather and mail items will no longer be desirable for plate wearers.
    It's on the front page...
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Itemization
    In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, there are plans to streamline the statistics found on items. We want to remove all unnecessary stats, make all existing stats understandable, and make all "core" stats more appealing. Here are some examples of such plans.

* Attack Power: We're removing Attack Power from items as well. Instead, we're allowing Agility to provide the necessary Attack Power for leather and mail wearers. Strength will provide the appropriate amount of Attack Power for plate wearers. This means leather and mail items will no longer be desirable for plate wearers.
    It's on the front page...
    thank you i guess i missed that

AP will be removed from the game totally. Int will be removed from Hunters and Enhancement gear totally. Hunters/Rogues/Shaman/Druids will get 2 AP for every point of Agi.

AP will not be removed from the game "totally", it will just not be on gear anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by octalol
    hunter Q&A about 1 month ago:

Q: Are there any long term plans to possibly removing the need for hunters to rely on a different resource system than mana?
    A: I hate to do this to you, but this is a great BlizzCon question. For these Q&As, we’d like to keep the focus on each class’s current status and short-term plans, but at BlizzCon we’ll be happy to go into some more detail on our long-term vision for them.
    I have to wonder if this was a clever play on words or just ironic.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

It like 12 Hours old :X and like somebody said, what i read of that is AP will still be there so we needz more AP cause int will be gone
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

See, here's my problem with the Focus shit.

Let's just assume that, for the sake of argument, Arcane costs 30 (low end of their described system), Aimed costs 45, and Chimera costs 60 (high end of their described system), and Steady costs nothing.

Without some haste (and I have no idea how haste supplementing Focus regen will work), it will be impossible to maintain a low-ArPen MM rotation as it stands today, due to needing 165 Focus in 10 seconds and only generating up to 120, depending on how the Steady doubling your focus regeneration shit works.

It's going to make a class that was currently GCD-capped and make us resource capped without any apparent benefit whatsoever.

I can't possibly see how it'll be a buff.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

Guys, please stop talking about a buff or a nerf. It's a change. And for me, a very, very welcome change since they eventually deal with the "bastardism" of the hunter class which created so many problems with balancing and itemization. For us, all trees will have to be heavily reworked and it is impossible to discuss rotations/dmg/gear now. I'm just happy and put a lot of faith into this changes.

I really don't see why they even call it focus and not just energy.
    It's the same thing really.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    It makes me think of the differences between Gatorade and Powerade.

Basically the same thing with a different name.

Focus just regenerates at a different rate than energy.

GC: I'm really here to talk about the design direction for the mage specs. We think Fire damage is fine.

Player: Do you think Fire damage is fine?

GC: ...

I would rather deal with the "bastardism" if the alternative is a nerf to our already pitifully-low damage.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

Yes, they already stated that they will nerf hunters, didn't they?

Come on.

15+ Year Old Account

Can´t wait for the first wipe caused by a hunter, or any wipe with a hunter "Hunters I want more focus from you guys".
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Hunters had focus instead of mana in the beta. And our pets uses focus, that why

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    See, here's my problem with the Focus shit.

Let's just assume that, for the sake of argument, Arcane costs 30 (low end of their described system), Aimed costs 45, and Chimera costs 60 (high end of their described system), and Steady costs nothing.

Without some haste (and I have no idea how haste supplementing Focus regen will work), it will be impossible to maintain a low-ArPen MM rotation as it stands today, due to needing 165 Focus in 10 seconds and only generating up to 120, depending on how the Steady doubling your focus regeneration shit works.

It's going to make a class that was currently GCD-capped and make us resource capped without any apparent benefit whatsoever.

I can't possibly see how it'll be a buff.
    I see your point, yes our dps will be nerfed im afraid. But in long terms, we do not have to waste time and dps by using viper sting nor aspect of the viper, which in green gear will be buff, but in end gear, a nerf. Hunter will have a dps cap that is going to be unbreakable. We might get something like GftT turning the other way around, making pets crits give us focus. And it will most likely be something we can spec into. One last thing, its just a small niche, there is no ArPen anymore, its called Mastery and will make you better at everything(i lol'ed when they said that) but havent figured out how to make it work yet.

Yes and said earlier, AP will not be removed from game, just removed from gear(might still stay on rings and trinkets and necks tho)
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Deleted

We will probably have talents like mentioned above that will gives us focus, maybe through GftT or from chance on crits etc, just wait and see lol.