Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Paladins in Cataclysm: Int is king

So int is going to give us spell power and mana. Given that a lot of us stack int as it is, looks like that wont change in the new expac.... Paladin changes aren't updated yet, but I have to wonder, will we be still rolling on the paladin plate that drops, or will they change it so we fight with the DPS to get the dps plate with good stats, and reforge it as a blacksmith to change str to int... This new expac could very well be fun indeed.... But given blizzards track record with paladins, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hows my fellow holy paladins feel about this new change?

Also, the spirit to mp5 change... Guess that gear with spirit on it now will have to be horded to level to 84 with.

Re: Holy Paladins in Cataclysm: Int is king

"All healers will get a Meditation like skill. (In combat regeneration)"

I honestly liked that we had to deal with mp5 rather than spirit... hopefully Bliz will stop the stupidity of thinking that our class-specific spell (divine plea) shouldnt give us the majority of our class' mana regen :'(

15+ Year Old Account

There will still be distinguishable HOLY paladin gear from what i can see. It will have Int/Spirit and Stam on it. Prot and Ret wont want spirit any more than they do now.

Be Nice to America or we will bring Democracy to your country.

Well, if all the classes are getting the meditation skill in combat regen, maybe they can take that damn -50% healing off divine plea and make our plate the Int/Stam/Spirit stuff that Shockpally mentioned... Might not be too bad....

With the way this is going, i'm willing to bet that Holy will be rolling on cloth gear. Perhaps with a talent in holy tree that gives x amount of armor per *insert stat* here.

Seems to be most logical atm.

All four healing classes will completely ignore the kind of gear piece it is, I feel bad for priests right here..and tauren priests gives me nightmares already
    Bold Sold Gold Hold Told Fold Cold
    Done?
    No..
    Doled Foaled Goaled Holed Poled
    Rolled Scold Scrolled Done soon? meh..
    Shoaled Strolled Tolled Trolled.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh, and dont forget Holy Cows *shiver*

Im guessing they just dont want a heal class falling behind and are trying to make things similar but using reforge as a way to distinguish classes from one another. Although since there's a Healer Class for each gear tree, (Priest Cloth, Druid Leather, Shaman Mail, Paladin Plate) I really dont see the point of them condensing too much... just give the ideal stat for the class and gg...

healers would have their niches.

wasnt blizzard JUST complaining about people socketing only intellect saying that us holy pallies need more diverse itemization choices. Cool.

Guess they realized int is still the thing we need, and the guys across the hall said "Its working as intended!"

Let me ask you one thing~ what makes you think there will still be "holy plate" ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    Let me ask you one thing~ what makes you think there will still be "holy plate" ?
    ive been looking at the thing and it smell every caster and healer in cloth!
    damn its becoming World of Homogenycraft :-\

no the class panel specifically said spell power plate is staying (technically int plate since spell power is gone)

Holy plate BETTER be staying. Paladins are known for impressive platemail, it fits with the lore, and the last 9 tiers have been plate. Suddenly shifting to cloth or leather or mail for our full gear is just.... Lame. Almost 5 years of paladins in plate, I can't see that one changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar
    no the class panel specifically said spell power plate is staying (technically int plate since spell power is gone)
    this.

stop crying already. it's not the end of the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Casual/hardcore and skill/noskill are not related.
    You can casually raid a couple short nights per week, and if you are skilled, you will clear that content eventually.
    Or you can bang your head on it every night for 5 hours straight and eventually you will clear it even with crap for skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    It also sounds like Blessing of Wisdom will be gone (due to the spirit and mp5 changes), and that kings will be the new "Blessing of Choice", even more than currently.
    Or Blessing of Wisdom turns into Divine Spirit..

Then again, maybe it will still exist.
    I mean, MP5 will still exist, it's just not on gear anymore..

Meditation provides MP5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkalibur
    platemail
    plate armor is not mail.
    like leather armor is not leathermail.

mail from the french maille or old english mayle, is a term for interlinked mesh armor.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbwarriordx
    plate armor is not mail.

mail from the french maille or old english mayle, is a term for interlinked mesh armor.
    Google platemail or plate mail and consider editing your post.

blizz is making this shit too simple b/c the terribads cant figure out what stats they need to stack, i didnt like the spell dmg/healing to spell power changes and i wont like the get rid of spell power changes either, at least the AP changes make since, cuz well str gear doesnt have ap on it to begin with and at 1 point agi actually did give 2 ap for rogues.... part of the game was learning your class, which made it fun

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkalibur
    So int is going to give us spell power and mana. Given that a lot of us stack int as it is, looks like that wont change in the new expac.... Paladin changes aren't updated yet, but I have to wonder, will we be still rolling on the paladin plate that drops, or will they change it so we fight with the DPS to get the dps plate with good stats, and reforge it as a blacksmith to change str to int... This new expac could very well be fun indeed.... But given blizzards track record with paladins, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hows my fellow holy paladins feel about this new change?

Also, the spirit to mp5 change... Guess that gear with spirit on it now will have to be horded to level to 84 with.
    Well no, they're not going to take away Paladin Healer Plate since we need lots of mana, and you can assume that crit rating and haste rating will exist on these pieces as well as Spirit. The need for Spirit/INT on Plate will supercede us ever getting DPS plate gear and Re-forging it. If I'm not mistaken Reforging will only take away about half of the stat you take not the full amount, so it would NEVER be viable to Reforge DPS plate.

So basically, STA/INT/SPR/Crit Rating/Haste Rating is our gear stat makeup in Cataclysm, with INT being #1 followed by Crit then Haste imo, with Spirit last.

Also to add, how this effects Blessings has yet to be seen but I don't think Wisdom will ever be changed as Mp5 will still exist as a stat but not a stat that you will see on armor.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbwarriordx
    plate armor is not mail.

Plate armor is not plate mail, but there is such a thing as plate mail. As another poster mentioned, google it. It is a royal pain in the ass to fully articulate joints in a full plate setup, as in the case of a holy paladin, having the extra protection from full plate provides no real bonus. Having plates attached to a layer of chainmail, or using chain mail between plates for articulation allows for lighter weight and easier movement. Just what one would need when they are running out of the fire between heals.

Also, please tell the Blizzard design team that leather is not leathermail. I'm sick of the leatherworkers making the damn mail armor in WotLK when in vanilla, blacksmiths did plate AND mail.

And since I know someone will point it out, the much loved Tier 2 set has a dress/skirt/kilt, and if that was made of pull plate, it would be damn near impossible to walk. But chainmail with some plate on top would be much easier.