Cataclysm's overhaul of WoW = Dota?

Just read the latest Cataclysm changes... revamping itemization and stats, the whole 9 yards. Sounds like blizzard picked up a creative consulted from warcraft 3's "Dota" map which is extremely popular on battle.net and actually took away most of WoW's customers... good call if this is what happened, that is an awesome game. It sounds like WoW is becoming more like it. It's been around forever, probably as long as WoW, its simple, and timelessly fun.

Discuss...

Re: Cataclysm's overhaul of WoW = Dota?

i dont really think dota had any sort of impact of wows players base numbers... and even if it DID those people playing dota are still techincally playing a blizzard product, so i doubt they care all to much.

also how is a tower defense game anything like cataclysm?
    /b/ecause none of us are as cruel as all of us.

I don't see the connection here.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    I don't see the connection here.

I'm also not seeing the connection here. What part of the Cata overhaul makes you think of DotA? (And this is coming from someone who has been playing DotA since before the first version of "DotA Allstars" came out)

And second, to Phantasmagoria, DotA is not a tower defense. at all.
    DotA is not Wintermaul or Green TD

I hope this is a joke.....
    Dota hasn't taken any of the playerbase, dota is a decent map.....but wow, what exactly are you thinking?

I play it every once in awhile, but it gets boring quickly, that, and I hardly know anyone who plays it.

...What?

This is an old, stupid thread that was necro'd by wowofcataclysm, who hopefully is banned by now.

Please let it die.

Yes, I'm aware I just posted in it. Please do not post back with "LOL BUT U POSTED IN IT U HYPOCRIT."

Do not post back literally saying "LOL BUT U POSTED IN IT U HYPOCRIT" in order to be ironic either.

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    This is an old, stupid thread that was necro'd by wowofcataclysm, who hopefully is banned by now.

Please let it die.

Yes, I'm aware I just posted in it. Please do not post back with "LOL BUT U POSTED IN IT U HYPOCRIT."

Do not post back literally saying "LOL BUT U POSTED IN IT U HYPOCRIT" in order to be ironic either.
    you are not, i was thinking the same thing.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

So ... To all you people who are not familiar with DotA. Its been around since 2002 and its player population has grown since then. Their have been world tournaments of this game even before WoW came out. Nowadays it has inspired S2 GAMES to launch a full game based on it. It has 160k fans on facebook even though its only in beta phase. Another game will also be released (League of Legends ... LoL)
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDeyv
    Old things are better than new things. I poop faster than my grandpa and he always tells me how lame it is that i poop so fast.

First off ive been playing dota when it was a weird, u pick a hero they become bigger/stronger every 10 levels game. I mean way back when. I also play now (Broodmother is imba as shittttt). But i have to disagree: the funamentals of wow arent changing much they are just condensing stats a bit to make balancing gear easier. Its difficult now to look at an upgrade and without some sort program to know "for sure" if it is a dps/tps/hps upgrade. Back in vanila the gear was really easy, most shit didnt have have bonus "+hit" or "+crit" and it was easy to know what an upgrade was. This move wants to bring back that simplicity for the sake of the players and the sake of developers.

I think the OP means the more basic stats; instead of Attack Power we get Agility, for example. However, DotA did not create this. Blizz did. In Warcraft 3, heroes use the same stats as in DotA, and they get items to improve them, just like in DotA, so I don't see why you used DotA in your title instead of Wc3...

wat
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

Deleted

What? Srsly.. really?

Took away customer? WoW is getting similar to DotA? DotA isn't a game, its just a funmap, Warcraft3 is the game. A Blizzard game....

I really can't see any connection between DotA and Cataclysm, did you really read the same preview Blueposts I did?

You guys are missing the connection.

The connection is that there is a jerk going around rezzing dead threads with dumb but not offensive comments to draw attention to the website in his sig. Just ignore it.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."