Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Bring back 2hand shamans :D

blizz intends to revamp all charakter skills and/or talents. doesn´t seem to far-fetched for shaman to get 2h back as a viable ( at least for pvp ) pvp choice.

shaman were able to literally one-shot people. now it´s only possible with bad equipped chars without any resil/hp and a little luck BUT there are obviously ways to fix this

1.) implement changes for garanteed wf-procs in case something specific happens
    -you have a xx% chance upon evading/hitting/critting/parrying/getting parried/getting evaded etc for the next stormstrike in 10 seconds to have a 100% chance to proc windfury, ignoring the 3 second cooldown-rule
    2.) increase the chance for wf to proc AND crit, BUT reduce the dmg accordingly
    3.) make lava-lash usable for 2h

weapon-itemisation issue with instance drops:

dk/ret/warrior -> 2h str-axes/swords/maces
    feral/hunter/enh -> agi-staves/polearms

i dont see a problem here, just make sure strenght goes to the mentioned weapons and same with agility.

you might as well remove polearms/staves from plate-wearers in the process

FAZIT: yes, this is a very old thing. many simply ignore it because blizz said 2h is dead. i myself would love to see 2h coming back, and if it were with staves/polearms only ( especially latter ones i think are cool, but we would also be the only class to actually hit foes in combat with a stave, kinda like a monk ^^ )
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

i dont get how they make DW dk viable again but then screw over shamans with 2handers, even if WF cant proc off itself i still love using them mostly maces tho seems more the shaman profile but maces axes and swords will have str on them so spear/staff would make more sense for shaman to use unless the make str good for them again

Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus
    Imagine a 2hand drop...

Warriors, paladins, DKs AND shamans need it..? You would never get what you want.
    and really if it had the stats a enhancement would want, you KNOW hunters would be all over themselves saying they needed it as a stat stick and start producing all sorts of numbers to prove that it would be much better in their hands then for a shaman.

Just give us some good looking 1 handers, and let us use swords ; )

As some have said, just introduce Tree Trunks/Totems to the game...Shaman only ofc...and we'll all be happy ;D

I thought 2hander threads were automatically closed now?

In other news, I'm going to convince my guild to let my Shaman have Shadowmourne, although it will be annoying to have to go to Org to train 2h weapons.

The first thing I thought of when they talked about total tree revamps was exactly this..

CAN HAS 2H NAO?!

Yes I'm old school, fond memories of my TuF/Lava Dredger/Reaper.

There are really easy ways of fixing these (and other Itemization issues) in even the mechanics currently in the game.

1.) Get rid of WF's gods damned internal CD (just like they talked about possibly doing) and put it on PPM to keep it under control... simple as hell, and much easier to balance. BAM! Now WF is good reguardless of weapon speed.

2.) Lava Lash usable with 2H weapons. Keep the current DMG while dual wielding at 100/125%, and make attacks made with it with 2H weapons do ~60% dmg. This DMG penalty carries over into WF if the LL proc'd it.

3.) Make FT scale evenly across weapon speeds. GOD FORBID A DPS INCREASE ON AN OFFHAND ACTUALLY INCREASES DPS, reguardless of the speed (this refers to faster weapons = dps loss, for those that missed it).

4a.) Steps 1, 2, and 3 combine to make daggers viable to Enhance DPSers, giving Ass. Rogues someone to roll against. You know, that whole gear homogenization thing.

4b.) Steps 1 and 2 allow dual wielding to be superior raid DPS, and gives PEEVEEPEE Enhancers a very good, ON CALL BURST DPS, through the use of SS, LL, and Shocks, all with a 2H, with a little extra on top with WF procs.

With all of this, a Slow Mainhand will still be triumphant in a raid setup, but offhand becomes a very open and easy thing to pick upgrades for. PvPers gain some serious love in the option to either DW or 2H, and with the WF PPMs and Maelstrom already on PPMs, it's not a waiting game with a 2H equipped.

Best part about all this is it's done with spells and mechanics already in game, with little modification to how it currently works. I don't see how this CAN'T be a good thing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lep
    Since they are revamping the talent trees to get rid of bullshit talents that grant you 1% ~damage / hit/ whatever~ , I hope we get some talents that would make 2h shaman viable again.

Watching Unbreakable's videos got me into this game during late vanilla period and I was sad for 2h to become useless, even after I won the 2hander in SCC haha.

Anyone else feel that we should get some 2h loving or will it be too much like ret with a potential to get too overpowered fast ?

Or is 2h a direction that shaman will never again take and the 2.6 1handers becoming the signature of enhancement?
    No, no no no no no no, no. No. Never. Working as intended. Stop posting crap like this - you could give a bad person a bad idea. Go play a DK.

No, no no no no no no, no. No. Never. Working as intended. Stop posting crap like this - you could give a bad person a bad idea. Go play a DK.
    that´s not really a constructive response. if it simply were one of those >9k "gief 2h back plzkkthxbye" posts, i would think the same. but we´re talking about a total talent/skill revamp. there´s nothing wrong suggesting 2h comeback now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Well,
    As have been mentioned further up in the post balancing would be hell,
    but not only that when waaaaay back in vanilla/tbc when two handers actually could be useful for a shammy the threat spikes comming of a windfury/stormstrike usually spellt disaster for said shaman,
    im not saying its not doable but with the aggro beeing as high as it already is on Enhance shammies the only applicable place i can see this work is in pvp and "voila" shamans would be back to oneshooting again.

And i think we all (more or less) dont want to go down that path again with endless nerf patches as a result.

yeah... lets make more ppl roll for the 2 handers....

Quote Originally Posted by Banshee
    Well,
    As have been mentioned further up in the post balancing would be hell,
    but not only that when waaaaay back in vanilla/tbc when two handers actually could be useful for a shammy the threat spikes comming of a windfury/stormstrike usually spellt disaster for said shaman,
    im not saying its not doable but with the aggro beeing as high as it already is on Enhance shammies the only applicable place i can see this work is in pvp and "voila" shamans would be back to oneshooting again.

And i think we all (more or less) dont want to go down that path again with endless nerf patches as a result.
    Wind Shear

Deleted

To get 2h to work they would have to completely work windfury.
    Lets say they make lava lash, MW, etc work for 2h, windfury would do insain damage coming from a 2h.
    The reason they nerfed it. I do like the idea of 2h for shamans, but blizzard has always stated they don't want it.
    Then of course theres the loot we would have to roll agianst even more classes, why would you want that?

Also people saying how good "old school" was. Yes just white hitting and waiting for lucky windfury procs 1shotting the target.
    Fun fun times.

first rogues with axes then dks dwing show up and now they said they want to make wielding 2 one handers viable for fury warriors again? wtf they are gonna take all of our weapons they really need to make shamans viable with 2 handers again but make windfury only give dmg equal to 1 extra attack while using a two hander instead of 2

No.

/Discussion
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

@Therm

Didnt they remove the aggro dump from windshear in the last patch ?
    And either way, ive never heard about a shaman actually using it in theire "rotation".

Didnt they remove the aggro dump from windshear in the last patch ?
    they did not

And either way, ive never heard about a shaman actually using it in theire "rotation".
    you won't need it most often... but it can be a real life saver when pugging with sloppy tanks
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragoonLord
    The first thing I thought of when they talked about total tree revamps was exactly this..

CAN HAS 2H NAO?!

Yes I'm old school, fond memories of my TuF/Lava Dredger/Reaper.

There are really easy ways of fixing these (and other Itemization issues) in even the mechanics currently in the game.

1.) Get rid of WF's gods damned internal CD (just like they talked about possibly doing) and put it on PPM to keep it under control... simple as hell, and much easier to balance. BAM! Now WF is good reguardless of weapon speed.

2.) Lava Lash usable with 2H weapons. Keep the current DMG while dual wielding at 100/125%, and make attacks made with it with 2H weapons do ~60% dmg. This DMG penalty carries over into WF if the LL proc'd it.

3.) Make FT scale evenly across weapon speeds. GOD FORBID A DPS INCREASE ON AN OFFHAND ACTUALLY INCREASES DPS, reguardless of the speed (this refers to faster weapons = dps loss, for those that missed it).

4a.) Steps 1, 2, and 3 combine to make daggers viable to Enhance DPSers, giving Ass. Rogues someone to roll against. You know, that whole gear homogenization thing.

4b.) Steps 1 and 2 allow dual wielding to be superior raid DPS, and gives PEEVEEPEE Enhancers a very good, ON CALL BURST DPS, through the use of SS, LL, and Shocks, all with a 2H, with a little extra on top with WF procs.

With all of this, a Slow Mainhand will still be triumphant in a raid setup, but offhand becomes a very open and easy thing to pick upgrades for. PvPers gain some serious love in the option to either DW or 2H, and with the WF PPMs and Maelstrom already on PPMs, it's not a waiting game with a 2H equipped.

Best part about all this is it's done with spells and mechanics already in game, with little modification to how it currently works. I don't see how this CAN'T be a good thing.

blizz plz hire this guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Quote Originally Posted by thd0710
    I don't get it then. What's Cronbread?
    It's bread made from cron, you dmub idoit

omg omg omg.

i hax a best idea.

3 different ideas that count make 2h good again (however i feel it wont be better in pve)

1) Make a new move that attacks with your main hand only (unlikely)

2) Make an attack not unlike the rogues "shiv", where shiv applies the poison, make this attack apply the weapon enchant, and make it not interfere with the wf cooldown. (but a long cd 10 sec + )

3) MY favourite idea, make a new talent that lets u attach TWO weapon enahancts (wf,ft eg) on the same weapon. You could also put two wf on one weapon to increae chance. ty

ITT:Shamans who are sad about rogues getting axes