Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New gems in Cata

I suspect that due to the removal of stats such as: MP5, Spell Power, Attack Power, and Armor Penetration. All the new gems and current gems will be updated/ removed. I am seeing that expertise, hit, spell penetration, parry, dodge, block rating. and resilience are remaining as stats.

Gems that are likely to stay-

Red:
    Bold - Strength
    Delicate - Agility
    Flashing - Parry Rating
    Precise - Expertise Rating
    Subtle - Dodge Rating

Orange:
    Deadly - Agility and Crit Rating
    Deft - Agility and Haste Rating
    Etched - Strength and Hit Rating
    Fierce - Strength and Haste Rating
    Glinting - Agility and Hit Rating
    Inscribed - Strength and Crit Rating
    Lucent - Agility and Resilience
    Resplendent - Strength and Resilience

Yellow:
    Brilliant - Intellect
    Mystic - Resilience
    Quick - Haste Rating
    Rigid - Hit Rating
    Smooth - Crit Rating

Green:
    Forceful - Stamina and Haste Rating
    Intricate - Spirit and Haste Rating
    Jagged - Stamina and Crit Rating
    Misty - Spirit and Crit Rating
    Seer's - Spirit and Intellect
    Shattered - Spell Penetration and Haste Rating
    Shining - Spirit and Hit Rating
    Steady - Stamina and Resilience
    Tense - Spell Penetration and Hit Rating
    Timeless - Stamina and Intellect
    Turbid - Spirit and Resilience
    Vivid - Stamina and Hit Rating

Blue:
    Solid - Stamina
    Sparkling - Spirit
    Stormy - Spell Penetration

Purple:
    Defender's - Stamina and Parry Rating
    Guardian's - Stamina and Expertise
    Regal - Stamina and Dodge Rating
    Shifting - Stamina and Agility
    Sovereign - Stamina and Strength

Red and orange gems will stick to physical dps.
    Blue and Green gems will stick to spell casters.
    Blue, Red, and Purple gems will stick to tanks.

Now this brings up some interesting questions:
    What will happen to all who used tokens (Like they will matter in Cata) for recipes that aren't these?
    Will there be a Shield Block Rating gem to make up for the loss of gems?
    Will meta gems without real stats be changed or just tossed away?

P.S. If I missed a gem in the list, please point it out.

The 10 Commandments of the Gods of Luck.
    1. Thou shall not have no competition on loot.
    2. Thou shall not ninja loot.
    3. Thou shall honor the Gods of Luck for the Gods of Luck.
    4. Thou shall prophesise the Gods of Luck.
    5. Thou shall not be elitist unless they have gear to be.
    6. Thou shall be fair in loot rolls.
    7. Thou shall not use dkp.
    8. Thou shall declare main spec at the beginning of a raid to be able to roll on that gear.
    9. Thou shalt not roll on off spec if one needs for main spec.
    10. Thou shall switch or get no loot.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: New gems in Cata

Yea, I'm curious on how all the Red Spellpower gems will be converted to Intellect.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

you, sir, are wrong.

You're forgetting Mastery rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    You're forgetting Mastery rating.
    I kind of passed over the whole armor pen being transferred into Mastery while reading the stat changes. We don't know what it is yet. Mastery could take the place of Fractured gems.
    The 10 Commandments of the Gods of Luck.
    1. Thou shall not have no competition on loot.
    2. Thou shall not ninja loot.
    3. Thou shall honor the Gods of Luck for the Gods of Luck.
    4. Thou shall prophesise the Gods of Luck.
    5. Thou shall not be elitist unless they have gear to be.
    6. Thou shall be fair in loot rolls.
    7. Thou shall not use dkp.
    8. Thou shall declare main spec at the beginning of a raid to be able to roll on that gear.
    9. Thou shalt not roll on off spec if one needs for main spec.
    10. Thou shall switch or get no loot.

Intellect will go red, otherwise pretty much all the caster gems will be yellow

Red: Intellect
    Yellow: Haste/Crit/Hit
    Blue: Spirit/Stam/Spell pene

Quote Originally Posted by Paliman
    I kind of passed over the whole armor pen being transferred into Mastery while reading the stat changes. We don't know what it is yet. Mastery could take the place of Fractured gems.
    I would guess it'll be red, thats kind of all I'm willing to throw my 2 cents in on right now, haha.

My guess is:

Red
    +Str
    +Agi

Blue
    +Int
    +Spi

Yellow
    +Stam
    +Haste
    +Crit

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmello
    My guess is:

Red
    +Str
    +Agi

Blue
    +Int
    +Spi

Yellow
    +Stam
    +Haste
    +Crit
    No.

Red is for the DPS. Int(SP), Agi(AP), Str(AP). Red is also for tank stats. Dodge, parry, block(?)
    Yellow will be for the 'flare'. Crit, Hit, Haste, Expertise, SpellPen(?)
    Blue will be for finishing the pure stats. Spi, Stam. Possibly SpellPen.

15+ Year Old Account

Whichever way the pendulum swings, I just hope to goodness that they simplify gems and reduce the variation. There are currently far too many gems to choose from, and a lot that are not particularly appealing.

A good balance would be as follows:

Red
    Strength
    Agility
    Intellect

Yellow
    Haste
    Crit
    Hit

Blue
    Stamina
    Spirit
    Mastery

Dodge, parry and block as percentages will come through a tank's main stat (Strength paladins, death knights and warriors; Agility for druids).

As far as spell penetration is concerned, I think this is being removed from gems and gear. I could be wrong. The above list would give good balance and would definitely make gems a whole lot more appealing in terms of simplicity; not to mention simplifying Jewelcrafting.

Combinations:
    With three gem colours, each with three possible stats, there would be a total of 33+9 = 36 combinations of gems. That's still a lot, but a darn sight better than the way things stand now.
    For the Alliance!

They already said, that +Hit will be one the blue gems.

15+ Year Old Account

Source? I'm interested in any information regarding changes to gems and Jewelcrafting, and don't remember reading anything that mentioned what will be what and where (what?).
    For the Alliance!

[blizzquote="Eyonix;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/23425636414-cataclysm-stat--system-changes.html][b]Gems [/b]- We are changing the gem colors of a few stats as a result of these adjustments. For example, Hit is likely to be blue instead of yellow. We'll have more details on this in the future. [/blizzquote"]

Ok, it's not a 100% confirmation, but makes absolutely sense.

They pretty much have to change hit to blue or spirit to yellow, otherwise elemental shamen and moonkins could get hit/hit-gems.

Same for intellect. They'll probably turn them red and replace all SP with int.

So...

Red: Int, Str, Agi, Expertise, (Block, Parry, Dodge)
    Yellow: Crit, Haste, Resilience, (Mastery?)
    Blue: Sta, Spi, Hit, Spell Penetration

While red has almost double the others, three of those are only of interest to tanks, who would probably not be so interested in the more offensive stats.

Hit will very likely be blue (source posted above). So probably other colors change too
    Quote Originally Posted by Paliman
    Now this brings up some interesting questions:
    What will happen to all who used tokens (Like they will matter in Cata) for recipes that aren't these?
    What happend to BC gems after spell+melee hit or healing+spell damage got merged? I really don't know are there still two types of BC gems that give spell power like with the old enchants? (e.g. The spell power enchants from MC which everyone wants on their BoA staff)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Intellect is going to be the hardest ones, as Paladins probably are going to go after it except if they make spirit valuable for them, so they gotta have a trick of in the sleeve or just let the plate spellpower gear have more red socket instead of yellow

frankly. why bother guessing

we know when they let us know!

just wait, wont go faster cuz your sitting here randomly shooting blank on a forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Stings
    Intellect is going to be the hardest ones, as Paladins probably are going to go after it except if they make spirit valuable for them, so they gotta have a trick of in the sleeve or just let the plate spellpower gear have more red socket instead of yellow
    They already stated paladins will use spirit, like all healers. (Same for shamans.)
    [url=http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23425636414&sid=1]Source the huge blue post with all the stat changes.
    MP5 - This stat will be removed from the game completely. Holy paladins and Restoration shaman will be redesigned to benefit from Spirit.

10+ Year Old Account

I read somewhere that hit and possibly crit will become blue gems come cata? Not sure though.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

I for one am so totally and utterly fed up of doing those damn jewelcrafting dailies that I welcome any change that reduces the number of recipes I need to farm.

Personally I think the whole system would be hugely improved if there were only red, blue and yellow gems and a system to take one of each and produce two intermediate gems.

For example if you need a 10 str 10 crit gem, you make one 20 str, one 20 crit, click on "Super Duper New JC Ability" and you get two 10 str 10 crit orange gems.

It would fix two things, first the amount of JC recipes needed would go waaaaay down needing just red, yellow and blue gems. It would also mean that there would no longer be gaps in the recipe lists where someone in Blizz forgets to make some useful combination because they are busy making the 200 other gem combinations that are needed (for example the 8 str / whatever gems that were missing at launch of WotLK).

If they really want JCs to have to grind some daily nonsense to do this then make something that you need to do this process, say for example it needed 1 red gem, 1 yellow gem and 1 titanium powder to do the merge now and you could get 10 titanium powder for 1 dala jc token.