Poll: Do you? (Please feel free to explain as well.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Worgen/Human Transformation Poll, Do you like it? *** Please vote!

My only concern is if there is a delay when transforming into "worgen form" once entering into combat (the animation delays weapons swings and/or casting)
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Leveling my horde Warlock now and will Faction-switch him to Worgen
    I thought about this but I'm not sure they will allow faction-switches to the two new races... ya know? Might want ppl to earn their 80 Worgen/Goblin characters.

Though if you can confirm this will be allowed you BET I'm leveling a Horde Warlock. Love my Gnome Warlock but Escape Artist < Abberation and Darkflight ftw (I PvP).

15+ Year Old Account

I agree based on what they have said thus far that Goblins got too many racials and worgen did not get enough.

As for the transformation thing, I am also really meh about it, I would rather just stay a worgen all the time.

15+ Year Old Account

Doesn't bother me one bit.

I doubt I'll spend much- if any- time in my human form, but having it as an option is fine.

I'd only be pissed if it was mandatory.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

Its optional too I dont see why people are hating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07
    it is human nature to whine and complain about every little thing that somehow ruffles their feathers
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkis2001
    I thought about this but I'm not sure they will allow faction-switches to the two new races... ya know? Might want ppl to earn their 80 Worgen/Goblin characters.

Though if you can confirm this will be allowed you BET I'm leveling a Horde Warlock. Love my Gnome Warlock but Escape Artist < Abberation and Darkflight ftw (I PvP).
    My guess would be that they will allow it but will probably have a 90 day lockout or something, similar to the lockout of transfers they used to do before the AQ gates open.

Then again, we will have Worgen and Goblin DKs and likely no tangible reward for "server first" so they may not care enough to lock it out.

However, if you DO swap over, you're out $50 (or whatever) and you miss out on the new leveling experience. Biggest reason I could see to do so is if you want a title/mount for your Worgen/Goblin that will be impossible to get come the expansion. Ie. Grand Marshall Worgen on an Amani Warbear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07
    I like it because I like playing humans. If you don't, then don't change forms. For me, being human connects with the lore I care the most about.

I said no, but then again im neutral and here is why. I plan on being worgan (if i play em) in wolf form all the time. Why? because they look badass. but giving them human form just takes away from them being the "ugly" race. It was unique and kept with the whole "people being cursed" story line. But now they can go to human? whats so bad about the curse now? I'd say its pretty damn awesome! Of course It does bring them back into being part of the alliance I guess....

One thing that bugs me though is the mandatory wolf form fight. I can just see it being awkward at first when you run in as human and then suddenly change into wolf...

That animation looks so awesome! I'm eager to see what female worgen will look like; I've heard there were screenshots of them floating about but I have yet to find any...

Definitely going to be playing a Horde and an Alliance druid avidly come expac...

Signature by Shyama!

Ill admit I was a bit upset too that the human form was the same as the human race, I was expecting body shape and features to be different so from a distance a player could tell if there was a huamn heading towards them or a worgen.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    Worgen look amazing. If you don't want to walk around looking like a human you don't have to. It's something they gave 'em for the RPers. You'll be able to shift at will (except you have no choice in combat). How often do you see a known shadow priests walking around out of shadow form? Even when they're not raiding.
    I do because I don't like the look of the green protodrake. =p

I think it takes away from being a human.
    Why be a human now when you can be both and everything but A pally?

Quote Originally Posted by Alveredus
    That animation is a triggered emote. They said there's a shorter animation for when you go into combat.
    Cool, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LonewolfXIII
    Ill admit I was a bit upset too that the human form was the same as the human race, I was expecting body shape and features to be different so from a distance a player could tell if there was a huamn heading towards them or a worgen.
    See, I think that's the APPEAL of the change. That brief "Holy $#!&" moment where you think it's one race and find out it's another.

Also, it's the one race change I could get for my human without feeling like I'm abandoning him.

As far as the "Why play a human...?" argument, I think we'll have to see a comparison of the racials closer to the expansion.

Honestly, I could see 10% diplomacy being shifted over into a Mastery PvE grinding tree (to combat human+rep-grind+race change) and a new active racial being added to humans for PvE purposes.

Personally, what I'd like to see is Diplomacy making humans neutral to humanoids with a toggle ability and being given free reign on exploration, like a Stealth, albeit with provisions that don't allow for combat/treasure chest/etc. advantages and pretty much guarantee death if used for anything other than exploration. Ie. It might cancel upon entering combat and provide a 5 minute (or until death) debuff that makes you one-shottable.

Something like that would definitely provide an incentive to play Worgen and human as distinct races.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    I'd also make the same argument for Druids if Druids were able to mount while shapeshifted. Thankfully, they can't, because if they could that would just be silly, especially, for example, a bear driving a motorcycle. =D
    Yeah, because a bear driving a motorcycle is so much more odd than a wolf driving one..

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor
    I personally do not like this at all. The animation is attractive, but I don't want to be a human. If I did I would like the model to be far different. Where are my distinguished features? Its frustrating. Besides, Worgens could benefit off a far better racial, I don't feel the creativity, opposed to Goblins who get an amazing arsenal of useful tools. Like an anywhere bank. Goblins sure do look fun
    I like the animation well enough, but like you I too would want the Human version of the Worgen to be at least slightly different from the normal human model.

15+ Year Old Account

i would play worgen just for the animation.

its epic, how could you not like it?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Worgen form 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    i would play worgen just for the animation.

its epic, how could you not like it?
    NUFF SAID.

people who complain about there being a human form for worgens can just stay a worgen.
    no need to complain about it at all.