Poll: Do you think having Hunter's resource changed to focus will be a better resource than mana?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Focus for Hunters Poll

What I am most afraid of is hunters turning into ranged rogues. I don't like the system of building up combo points to get off an eviscerate for example. This will be kind of the same thing, we have to use steady shot to get focus regen up so we can use that 60 focus shot. I find it a boring system.
    "steady-steady-steady-arcane-steady-steady-steady-multi-steady-steady-steady-and so on"

If anyone thought TBC BM hunter rotation was boring before, this will be even worse, unless they blow us away completely and do something completely different and awesome with it.

I'm with the guy on the first page, I'm scared shitless. If it becomes what I fear it becomes I will have to try and find a class that is more fun to play with, but I don't want to leave my pet behind. >.<

They finally made hunter rotations what they said they wanted them to be. Heck they were even discussing making other ranged classes have similar systems: ie debuff spell, this spell til so and so procs then that spell etc etc - a reactive system, at least somewhat.

My point is this: it's working atm, they said they were happy with it, most players are at least moderately happy with it - so why completely change it? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

There are several problems with the hunter class but right now absolutely none of them are fixable by changing mana to focus...

It sure as hell doesnt address the fact that we're the only class that stands with ranged but benefits from melee fights - on caster unfriendly fights we have to move like crazy and on caster friendly fights we generally get none of the damn spellcasting buff mechanics.

Exactly how is us having freaking focus going to do anything other than make our dps dependant on having to stand in ONE SPOT and spam steady shot so we can use our rotations most effectively?

It will be months till the new expansion, why worry about it :| They won't just nerf us and make us do DPS like the tanks.

they are copying Runes of Magic hunters there use Focus xD ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    None of the poll options apply to me, so I'll give my piece.

Mana was not a good mechanic. I don't think anyone denies this. But this new alternative, unless it's very, very well done, is going to nerf our already precariously low damage output in PVE (and I physically could not care less about PVP balance). And given Blizzard's history with Hunters (and the fact that I played Beta when we had Focus and it was ABYSMAL), I do NOT trust them to do it very, very well.

Long story short: I'm scared shitless.
    since when is our dmg bad? i can push out around 7k dps on a standaround fight if the raid does about the same, and that means something like 1-5th spot depending on rng and other ppl, so where was our dmg baaaad?

also, blizzard said that they WANT dps to ary a lot from fight to fight, so wheres the problem??

guys!
    relax!

i believe that casting SShot will give us a temporary buff that lasts from anything from 5-12 secs that increases our Fregen, so chill, they wont make it like they did with BM 3.0 hunters.

now, which spec will be the best ?

I say: FINALLY

now maybe hunter skill will be valued by the community. just the other day somebody was gunna kick me as a hunter to bring in a mage.

I told him to check his stupid dps list because i was 3rd on it :P

I'm hoping that they buff Steady Shot back up if they do keep the focus costs they set down though, that would help to offset things a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by elcher
    guys!
    relax!

i believe that casting SShot will give us a temporary buff that lasts from anything from 5-12 secs that increases our Fregen, so chill, they wont make it like they did with BM 3.0 hunters.
    Not really. All it will be is an internal effect of your character
    that regens faster during Steady Shot casts.

Mana was not a good mechanic. I don't think anyone denies this. But this new alternative, unless it's very, very well done, is going to nerf our already precariously low damage output in PVE (and I physically could not care less about PVP balance). And given Blizzard's history with Hunters (and the fact that I played Beta when we had Focus and it was ABYSMAL), I do NOT trust them to do it very, very well.

Obviously they're doing a good enough job to keep you paying 15 bucks a month since beta. Also if focus was so horrible in beta and turned you off from the hunter class entirely, why reroll once they got mana? You panic too much srsly. Also our dps is not horrible horrible. Is it the highest? No, but a good hunter can get around 6k dps with BiS. Yeah rogues and DK and feral druids top us with BiS and = skill. So what? I can do enough dps to be invited to raids, make a difference and enjoy my hunter. I'm happy with our dps.
    Haste = higher focus regen. Lots of haste = lots of focus back. Imo with really high haste your rotation with current shots would probably be like SerpS,SS,BA,SS,XS,SS. Haste will also increase your SS shot time. With a GCD of 1.5 secs it's easy to actually have a rotation as Surv that allows all your shots to pop up in a very nearly perfect time alignment. It's too early to freak out.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Well haste will get buffed for all rage/energy users and i suspect that pallys and ench shammies will get to use it differently too. So haste affecting our focus regen isn't the thing to wait for in the xpac.

I am worried about the "small" things that may go unnoticed. Things such as the benefits of JoW/Int buffs/kings (the INT portion) e.t.c. Let's hope that they'll do a good job and factor these things too, when they redesign the class.

I'm really excited about this change!

I wonder if it will be implemented in a Pre-Xpac patch? Similar to how level 80 talents were released in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.

For the life of me, I can't see why over 60% voted for "the best idea".
    This is blizzards attempt to make us balanced, so they have do re design the fundamental mechanisms of what makes us.
    Terrible.
    I am actually shocked with how much faith the rest of the hunter population has in Blizzard.
    I wouldn't trust them pouring me a glass of milk, let only this.

I've heard their milk pouring is excellent.

What the hell is aspect of the viper going to do now?

This is terrible for hunters in PvP. Steady shot is HARDLY ever used in arena situations because we always have to keep moving. So what will this do? It'll make us even WORSE in arena, where we're already doing pretty terrible.

PvE? I don't know. It's hard to say when they haven't given out costs for shots and stings.

No need to, they know better than you do, you can no longer just spam things like you do now. In addition to collapsing more skills to fewer number, each attack skills will DO more in meaningful way probably not just damage only.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeaket
    This is terrible for hunters in PvP. Steady shot is HARDLY ever used in arena situations because we always have to keep moving. So what will this do? It'll make us even WORSE in arena, where we're already doing pretty terrible.

PvE? I don't know. It's hard to say when they haven't given out costs for shots and stings.
    Are you who i think you are?
    Zeaket?Who transferred off of Malygos?

I'm looking forward to it, but hopefully it doesn't turn the class into a ranged rogue where you just spam your sinister strike equivalent for most of a boss fight. I do think that people saying it will be bad basing their thoughts on how the class works now is just short sided, a lot about our class is going to change for the expansion.

Also lol to those who think hunter dps is low.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDeathKnight
    What the hell is aspect of the viper going to do now?
    Will probably make the focus regen faster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm
    I also find that I get some kind of bugged error message when I don't get out of something fast enough. "You can't do that while dead"