Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is blizzard selling out???

Is it me or is blizzard seriously making wow for kids and changing the game over to follow Ever Quest ? I mean seriously look at the way the brought in LFG who did it frist EQ Look at Path of Titan then look at EQ's set up Changing SP and MP5 again look at EQ then look to raiding if anyone knows EQ they will tell you their raiding is epic....No room for fail ask all the pro's what its like to fail so much on a fight you lose xp and you go from max lvl down a lvl and can't wear your epic's any more.... But my real point is this is where blizzard wanted to be thus you look at BWL AQ20/40 and Naxx Then look at SSC and BT PRE NERF's....They loved raiding and gave us raiders something to drool about and it was hats off so they nerf everything and added badge gear that put you to the point you shoudl walk into half of BT without even breaking a sweat...Then it was nerf after nerf after nerf...
    They won the hearts of 10 millionish cause they made the game respectablely hard and now they sell all that out to be a cartoon EQ with OMG easy raids that should insult a 10 years olds thinking ablity and 60% of the ppl are to stupid to realize how far they are taking it down...So again my question is blizzard selling out or is there a bigger picture i'm missing....And plz if you say its money save your reply cause its a Fact you lose the hard core and there aren't any more ppl to carry the lazy ppl they will slowly fade off the game and whatever is left will follow friends once they find a new better game

Re: Is blizzard selling out???

First, troll.

Secondly, we don't know how raidings going to be in the expansion so QFT

Deleted

srry but...

yeah how do u supposed a normal person with a life would raid naxx40 or even aq20 in vanilla? heres the answer : it cant

Vanilla wow was a elitist piece of crap and we should be happy that its gone

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbyecruelwow
    yeah how do u supposed a normal person with a life would raid naxx40 or even aq20 in vanilla? heres the answer : it cant

It was where it should be at the time, great for the early adopters. Glad I was a part of those!
    This topic though, isn't. Been discussed a billion times now.

It doesnt even seem like the OP actually played EQ.

Also meridian 59 ring any bells?

Everything gets copied/enhanced. Live with it.

Deleted

Another troll who has probably not cleared a single hardmode yet, still doing naxx25 pugs and claiming how wow raiding is "zomg easy".
    Secondly, in eq you don't lose xp when you die....
    Thirdly, if they make the game for kids it would be a perfect fit for you, so what are you crying about.
    Fourthly, you are insulting people for being dumb, but your own post shows you have little over the intellect of a 6year-old.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookesy
    Also meridian 59 ring any bells?
    Ahh the good old days! M-59 was sooo damn good game.

I like this one better:

Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Look at it from a business standpoint for 10 minutes. Seriously.

If Blizz doesn't act on what would be considered smart business, they won't make money.
    If they don't make money, there won't be WoW.
    If there's no WoW, what will you QQ about? D=
    It's not whether I win or lose, just so long as I piss you off.

Yes Blizzard is selling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobish
    Is it me or is blizzard seriously making wow for kids and changing the game over to follow Ever Quest ? I mean seriously look at the way the brought in LFG who did it frist EQ Look at Path of Titan then look at EQ's set up Changing SP and MP5 again look at EQ then look to raiding if anyone knows EQ they will tell you their raiding is epic....No room for fail ask all the pro's what its like to fail so much on a fight you lose xp and you go from max lvl down a lvl and can't wear your epic's any more.... But my real point is this is where blizzard wanted to be thus you look at BWL AQ20/40 and Naxx Then look at SSC and BT PRE NERF's....They loved raiding and gave us raiders something to drool about and it was hats off so they nerf everything and added badge gear that put you to the point you shoudl walk into half of BT without even breaking a sweat...Then it was nerf after nerf after nerf...
    They won the hearts of 10 millionish cause they made the game respectablely hard and now they sell all that out to be a cartoon EQ with OMG easy raids that should insult a 10 years olds thinking ablity and 60% of the ppl are to stupid to realize how far they are taking it down...So again my question is blizzard selling out or is there a bigger picture i'm missing....And plz if you say its money save your reply cause its a Fact you lose the hard core and there aren't any more ppl to carry the lazy ppl they will slowly fade off the game and whatever is left will follow friends once they find a new better game
    I (kind of) feel you. But as said, this topic has been around a lot these days. And it will be ever after.
    Just to say something (kind of) constructive:

Your prediction is not that accurate. I would say Blizzard won the hearts of 10 Million players, because the game was easy. If you played EQ (which you obviously did. I'M talking about Everquest 1 here.) compare the introductions into the system. WoW set a trend by making a MMO "easy to grasp, hard to master". That was their inofficial slogan. All they did is to realize, that "easy to understand, easy to master" would drag home even more subscriptions, arguing that it would be "not so nice" if only some people would participate in end-game content while other can't.
    That leads to your actual prediction. The facts are:
    - "Hardcore players" are only a small percentage of the player base.
    - If that small part leaves WoW (and I bet they won't all leave, else they would have allready) it's no real loss for Blizzard. They will get times more new subscribers (mainly "casuals" who heard that this game was colmpex, yet easy, fun, all that)
    - If the game get's more easy, there's no need to "carry". The "medicore" will be the new "hardcore". In the end, everyone who knows how to doubbleclick will be able to tell a new player how to progress. And they will, eventually.

So, in the end: Yes, it's about money.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobish
    If you don't like it then quit. No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster

Just wanted to point out something. I don't know if/when they changed it, as I quit playing EQ a few years ago. But then you still did lose experience when you died. This is EQ1 I am talking about, I have no experience with EQ2.

Anyhow, there are many things that have changed over the last two years in WoW that I do not care for, yet the game still remains enjoyable. Those of you who do not like the direction the game is heading, can kindly stop whining about it and instead, move on to a new addiction. For the sake of humanity, I hope a select bunch of the whiners choose heroin as their addiction of choice, at least then they probably wont be whining on the internet.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted

Yeah i was talking EQ2 there, i wouldn't assume blizzard is looking at EQ1 for ideas If they are looking at franchises that old, they would be better of looking at UO, Nexus or even TRO

Btw posting these shitty kind of pictures as a response in topics is kinda 1997 and not funny....

Deleted

Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidnoob
    i agree that it's easier to get loot, blizz did this so everyone could enjoy the game in all its ways.
    I know its a piece of sh** for the hardcores seeing all the casuals gettin the same item lvl as they do.
    Poor hardcores. They don't get raids which no one but them will ever see themselves.

I'd like to thank Blizzard for realizing how poor their design philosophy once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    First, let me congratulate you on being the person who, out of all the nonsense posts that have been on here lately, got me to register just to correct them.

Yes, in EverQuest, you lost XP when you died. you could recover a part of it if you were rezzed correctly (i think the highest end rez was 96%, on down to 0% at lower levels) you also had to do a corpse run, because all your items you were wearing or carrying were still on your body where you died. and it Was possible to "un-ding" meaning you would have to re-ding. in fact, one of the early criticisms of vanilla wow was that you never lost XP for any reason, so hitting the level cap was "so easy anyone could do it"

in EQ2 this was changed to an "experience debt" where a certain amount of xp you gained didnt count, to pay off this debt.

now if EQ changed this somewhere after their 10th expansion, then i wouldnt know. but during the time when people actually played it, you Did lose XP when you died. the amount was determined on the level of whatever killed you (what color it conned to you)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Quote Originally Posted by Goodbyecruelwow

Vanilla was great none of this casual crap back then you had to work for your epix and killing a boss was something that was really hard.. o and whitout vanilla you would have nothing.. vanilla was nr1