Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    You make a very good point now that I think about it. When you mentioned the whole "Holocaust" name thing, I was also guilty of doing it. I don't think that's funny at all, but I am not Jewish and do not have anyone in my whole family tree that is Jewish. Though referring to a tragedy where loads and loads of innocent people died and talking about some stupid slang term are on a bit different levels!
    I dont say that i laugh about the Holocaust name it was a horrible thing and that there are people who deny that it ever happened makes me Rage a lot. But i can tell that my jewishs friends arend offended by Nazis jokes are by Jew jokes or stuff neither am i and i am half Jewish so i dont know what the worlds problem is it happened but it happened a long time ago we should just forget it.
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

    /Brofisting Vol'Jin

  2. #42

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    I know that you are all thinking about it... well not all of you, but at least some of you. (Sorry mods, just curious, don't be mad! <3)

    If you name your worgen "Negrow" (or some variation with alt code letters) do you think that you will get hit with the ban stick and/or have to change your name?
    Really? Stupidity of some dipshits is beyond me.

  3. #43

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    okay i read this and was outstanded by how much of idiots you all are i live in south africa what do you think they call us there or in all of africa black africans noooo i been all over africa and if you have the skin color black you are called a negrow not because its racist cause its what we have been called when the english have found us and decided to give our race a name so plz unless you know the facts dont comment

  4. #44

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merander
    I dont say that i laugh about the Holocaust name it was a horrible thing and that there are people who deny that it ever happened makes me Rage a lot. But i can tell that my jewishs friends arend offended by Nazis jokes are by Jew jokes or stuff neither am i and i am half Jewish so i dont know what the worlds problem is it happened but it happened a long time ago we should just forget it.
    Yeah, I've had those situations before. I don't tell any ethnic jokes of any kind myself, but I have a friend who used to. And that friend became friends with my other friend that happens to be black. And before he would tell black jokes, he would ask my friend if it was alright and that he didn't mean anything by it. My black friend was totally cool with it and even laughed at the jokes. My friend would tell all kinds of stupid and gross jokes though, it's not like he sat around telling black jokes all day or anything.

    Lykwha- There is more stupidity in the world than you know.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

  5. #45

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heljak
    Passive racism is still racism. Not trying to get at you, but I'm just adding my opinion to the discussion. Besides, I'm pretty sure "cracker" has a more mainstream usage as a food. I rarely hear the term used when it doesn't describe a food. "Negrow" or "Negro" has no used meaning other than as a racist term.
    Actually there is a used non-racist meaning of "negro". A Hungarian candy is called Negro and there's nothing wrong with it.


    There's also a country called Montenegro which means black mountain.

    http://www.uncf.org/ this is the website of the United Negro College Fund, Inc. Is that a group of racist bastards? Come on... some people get offended by anything..

  6. #46

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    I don't see what's wrong with the word "negro" it's just the colour in latin "negroid", although there would possibly be some people who'd get offensive about it, and report you, resulting in you changing your name.
    stop the elitism

  7. #47

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Yeah, I've had those situations before. I don't tell any ethnic jokes of any kind myself, but I have a friend who used to. And that friend became friends with my other friend that happens to be black. And before he would tell black jokes, he would ask my friend if it was alright and that he didn't mean anything by it. My black friend was totally cool with it and even laughed at the jokes. My friend would tell all kinds of stupid and gross jokes though, it's not like he sat around telling black jokes all day or anything.

    Lykwha- There is more stupidity in the world than you know.
    thats cool a friend of mine introduced me to his black friend once and i accidently asked so do ypu like kfc and watermelons? the guy looked at me and i thought oh shit! but he just laughed and sayed its cool i do like kfc and watermelons
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

    /Brofisting Vol'Jin

  8. #48

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by areyouserious
    okay i read this and was outstanded by how much of idiots you all are i live in south africa what do you think they call us there or in all of africa black africans noooo i been all over africa and if you have the skin color black you are called a negrow not because its racist cause its what we have been called when the english have found us and decided to give our race a name so plz unless you know the facts dont comment
    So as an African person, this does not offend you then. I think that what people are saying is that it is offensive over here because in the USA black people have a lot different history than they do in Africa. (I'm sure that you probably know that, but I don't know how old you are, so I don't know exactly what you know about other countries yet) Over here, Negro is what black people were called before they were called black or african american. It was deemed offensive, as you can see if you look at a USA based dictionary. Without getting into it too much, that's pretty much how it goes.

    Sorry if you already knew that, but like I said, I don't know you- so I don't know everything that you know.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

  9. #49

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merander
    thats cool a friend of mine introduced me to his black friend once and i accidently asked so do ypu like kfc and watermelons? the guy looked at me and i thought oh shit! but he just laughed and sayed its cool i do like kfc and watermelons
    Oh wow, what the hell even prompted you to even say something like that? That would totally be the last thing that I would say to a black person, especially to one that I didn't know very well!
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

  10. #50

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Oh wow, what the hell even prompted you to even say something like that? That would totally be the last thing that I would say to a black person, especially to one that I didn't know very well!
    its just i dont think thats offensive i love kfc and watermelons and most of my friends do its just "racicst" because people in america sayed it is but i totally disagree
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

    /Brofisting Vol'Jin

  11. #51

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    I know that you are all thinking about it... well not all of you, but at least some of you. (Sorry mods, just curious, don't be mad! <3)

    If you name your worgen "Negrow" (or some variation with alt code letters) do you think that you will get hit with the ban stick and/or have to change your name?
    It should be.

  12. #52

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Merander
    its just i dont think thats offensive i love kfc and watermelons and most of my friends do its just "racicst" because people in america sayed it is but i totally disagree
    Ah, I just realized that you are EU. But had you heard of that before? If you hadn't, that's kind of a random thing to say to someone. You must have heard of that before, in which case I don't even see why you would have said it.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

  13. #53

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    You will get a name change yes.

  14. #54
    Herald of the Titans ElAmigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Orange Park, Fl
    Posts
    2,930

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia
    I have a feeling they won't let you create a char that has Negro in it's name.
    you have to also remember that the word negro is black in spanish, its a color not profanity
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

  15. #55

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    How about NegrowL

    clever :S
    Metzen wrote both Thrall AND Garrosh... how do you feel now fanbois?

  16. #56

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    So as an African person, this does not offend you then. I think that what people are saying is that it is offensive over here because in the USA black people have a lot different history than they do in Africa. (I'm sure that you probably know that, but I don't know how old you are, so I don't know exactly what you know about other countries yet) Over here, Negro is what black people were called before they were called black or african american. It was deemed offensive, as you can see if you look at a USA based dictionary. Without getting into it too much, that's pretty much how it goes.

    Sorry if you already knew that, but like I said, I don't know you- so I don't know everything that you know.
    i THINK you missed his point...

    ...badly!

  17. #57

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    you have to also remember that the word negro is black in spanish, its a color not profanity
    Thanks for letting us know. I was pretty sure that some languages still used it in that way. The only other language I know what the color black is is in french since I had to take that when I was in high school. "Noir".
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

  18. #58

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wurfab
    i THINK you missed his point...

    ...badly!
    I probably did, his writing was a little hard for me to get. But that's alright, it's not his first language, so that will happen. What did you get from his post?

    The_Harvan- Heh, that's a neat one.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

  19. #59

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    Well technically it's just Worgen spelled backwards, which is something that THEY made up. I know that it's a bit stupid and it has the double meaning, but I know that probably other people have had the idea and I thought that it would be interesting to bring it up.
    No, it's not "interesting". It's childish and inane...but this is WoW, and I've seen worse, so meh.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    ******
    Remember 3.0.......

  20. #60

    Re: Will Negrow get banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sellana
    I dont care about racism, and sure as hell I dont care about the holocaust. Not in the game. Thats why I play this game, so for the few hours Im playing, I escape reality. If I want blabla about the holocaust, or racism, I'll tune in to CNN or Fox News.
    No, I am not anti-semite, I am not a racist, but I am full of this bullshit propaganda. Can you people leave WoW out of it for a second? Take your political agenda somewhere else and cry your eyes out about the holocaust, or how bad it is to be black (ironically the most powerfull man on planet happens to be black).
    So quit your f* crying, and take WoW for what it is...A GAME!!!!

    Peace!
    Half African, actually. But yeah, people get their knickers in a knot over things sometimes, it happens. I get what you mean though.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •