Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

The Deathwing fight...

Me and my friend were sat talking this morning about last nights Blizzcon, and the topic of the epic Deathwing fight came up.

We were saying how incredibly epic it is going to be and how much fun its hopefully going to be as well! However, something slightly strange came up concerning fight mechanics and I would just like the opinion of the MMO community to decide how much of a looney my friend is, thinking that this might actually happen... (hes saying im an idiot for not thinking its a possibility.)

Anyway, heres how it goes.

You encounter Deathwing, he is the most powerful of the dragon forms and a gigantic firey beast.
    The fight will have several phases and there must be multiple parts of him that you can attack as he is so big.
    A phase my friend thought up was an air phase, where Deathwing would acend into the air and possibly call out Twilight Cultists to assist him.
    During this phase various catapults(?) from the area would be used to shoot several players onto Deathwings back and wings.
    This is when his wings would become attackable.
    In my friends words... "You would rip his wings off so he could not fly" thus ending the phase.

Am I correct in saying he needs to see some sort of doctor?

To die would be a grand adventure!

Re: The Deathwing fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Agrivat3d
    as he is so big.
    He's as big as a boat.

In WarCraft 2.

the main problem with that is that in the warcraft books he could kill someone by simply looking at them, with 10 fold increased power from the old gods we're going to need another dragonflight to assist us so be ready for

MORE DRAGON RIDING VEHICLE BASED FIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaru
    He's as big as a boat.
    awesum

You seriously think he is mad? I could imagine Blizzard doing something like that so I think you should go see a doctor.

I guess Alexstraza will be to help the players in her dragon form.

lol I love your avatar Kanaru
    I Surf on Exodus Tears

I would like to see it like the Illidan fight. You would fight him for onr or two phases then someone would show up to assist us. Like Maiev Shadowsong did. So Alexstraza maybe? Or even The Pantheon? Khaz'goroth is most likely more then a little pissed his aspect turned evil.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...tpanel_021.jpg shows his size, isnt that big. Probably as big as the other aspects such as Alextraza after the malygos fight.

although that could just be cuz of concept, he is standing over a giant city in the other concepts after all.

The goblins will make some awesome super flying spaceship tanks for the horde to take him down and the alliance will have to stand there and watch the worgen like, howl at him.

You want epic? How's this for epic:

We traverse through whatever dungeon Deathwing is supposed to be in. after a long a grueling battle, we finally reach his 'throne' but instead of deathwing, we find *some random number* of the remaining uncorrupted Dragon Aspects griviously wounded on the floor and are informed that this entire raid instance was staged as a diversion.

The aspects, thinking they could once again overpower Deathwing were they themselves defeated by his extraordinary new found power.

As a last ditch effort, each aspect blesses your raid and open a portal to where deathwing is now: Orgrimmar or Stormwind, depending on your faction.

As you arrive, you find the city ablaze, the countryside around it equally devastated and Deathwing, awaiting your arrival.

He monologues for a few minutes about how we're overzealous, arrogant weaklings and the fight begins:

Phase 1: Typical expected battle against a Dragon demigod. Dodge the fire, don't stand in the cleave, etc. The aspects blessings protecting us from Deathwings immense heat.

Phase 2: Laughing at your feeble attempts to stop him, Deathwing takes to the air and begins torching the city further. This phase is not about hurting Deathwing, it's about saving what's left of the city and it's people. (We're heroes damn it! This is the kind of shit heroes do!)

Phase 3: Landing for a brief moment outside the city to say something insulting, death wing once again takes to the air and begins flying away. Where to? Toward Tanaris of course, and the Titan super-weapons that lie in the zone to the south. During this phase, players have to chase Deathwing on their own mounts and bombard him with whatever sort of offensive skill/item Blizzard deems appropriate (Or possibly on a gun-laden airship)

But as our aspect blessing have now waned, we're forced to keep our distance.

Approaching Tanaris from the coastline, Deathwing continues to insult you and lay waste to everything in his path. But out of the blue, mid insult, Deathwing is caught off guard as a massive projectile slams into the side of his oddly shaped dragon face. Brann Bronzebeard predicted this turn of events, and with his knowledge of the Titan artifacts has managed to harness some of their weapons and landed a very satisfying headshot on Deathwing. While this attack is devastating, even a direct hit from the power of a Titan weapon not enough to take out Deathwing.

He plummets into the water and phase 4 begins.

Phase 4: The water has stifled much of the heat pouring off Deathwing, who is still too disoriented from the strike made against him to re-ignite. Again we engage him in the typical Dragon battle along the shoreline of Tanaris. But still, in all our power and glory, we are unable to put an end to the great Destroyer, who continues to make his way toward the Titan weaponry.

Blah, blah, blah, last ditch effort to stop Deathwing, Brann interacts with the players, channels some Titan energy to allow them to stand toe to toe with Deathweing (And keep him off Branns ass) while Mr. Bronzebeard triggers a self destruct mechanism in the Titan mainframe located south of Tanaris.

Blah, blah, blah, Deathwing doesn't catch on until he's already standing at the nexus of where the self destruct begins and is annihilated in an Earth-Shattering kaboom that blows Tanaris right off the face of Azeroth.

Phase 5: Guild disbands over loot drama.

TL;DR: Brann Bronzebeard shoots Deathwing right in the face

...wow.

Not going to lie, I lol'd

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Westy123
    ...wow.
    Wow! A bump!