Blizzcon Day 2 - Game Systems Panel
Path of the TitansOriginally Posted by Blizzard EntertainmentRated Battlegrounds
- Rated Battlegrounds will be an alternative way to get arena points.
- Each week, one of the BG will be the Rated Battleground of the week. Winning in this battleground will improve your rating and give you points. Losing will not lower your rating.
- New PvP titles will be added, as your rating progress you will unlock higher titles. If you earned a PvP title you will keep it.
- When a Battleground is rated for the week, its normal non-rated version will still be available.
- The amount of Arena Points will be limited to prevent grinding.
- You will also earn guild level by playing these rated battlegrounds with your guildmates.
- Tol'barad is a mix of Lake Wintergrasp and the Isle of Quel'danas.
- Every x hours the Daily Quests of the zone will shutdown and players will fight to capture the control points, the first team to get all of them wins.
- The winning team gets access to better daily quests rewarding more gold/better items.
- Guild experience is earned through multiple ways, players leveling, killing bosses, leveling professions, PvP victories, reputations.
- Each guild level rewards you with one talent point, these talents affect the whole guild. The top 20 earners of the guild will contribute to the guild experience for the day.
- Some of the guild talents will allow you to remove reagent costs from spell, get increased gold drops, summon your entire raid, rez your entire raid after a wipe, automatically transfer a % of gold dropped by bosses to the guild bank. Guild talents can be reset.
- Once your guild reached level 20, the guild experience becomes a currency and let you buy things like mounts, professions plans, banners, potions, rare reagents and guild talent respecs.
- Anyone can learn a guild profession recipe, if you leave the guild after learning it you will loose the recipe and it will be transferred back to the guild bank. Guild heirlooms also work the same way and are bound to the guild.
- Guilds will have their own achievements, some of the old achievements might be converted to guild achievements. Some of the achievements are building a legendary item, maxing out every profession, etc ...
- A guild news feed will be added, it will shows boss kills, items looted, it will come with different filters to let you find specific information.
- You can now check the professions of every members of your guild and check their recipes list to see if they can create an item.
- You will also be able to invite other guilds to your guild events through the in-game calendar.
- There are too many talents right now and a lot of them are boring and just give passive bonuses. (1% hit bonus, etc ...)
- The goal is to make talents more fun and useful, Body and Soul or Juggernaut are a good example.
- The old passive bonuses will be automatically added to your character through the Mastery system as you spend more points in a talent tree. Spending a lot of points in Fury will give you extra crit, etc ... this will be implemented for all classes.
- Mastery bonuses will lower energy cost, increase your armor penetration, etc ...
Path of the Titans
- Character progression slows down drastically at level 80. Players will improve their character through the Path of the Titan by using the new Archeology profession.
- Archeology rewards you with "Ancient Glyphs" and give you bonuses reduced damage, reduced stun duration, etc ...
- They are NOT inscription glyphs and are totally different, as you progress after level 85 you will earn points to buy more glyphs. They are tied to your talent specialization and cannot be respecced.
- You will eventually get all your ancient glyphs, but hardcore players will get them faster. There will be a weekly limit to how fast you can get them.
Here is an official description of the Path of the Titans sytem by Aratil from the official systems panel write up.
Path of the Titans
Path of the Titans is another great new feature we covered that encompasses rewarding progression at max level. This new feature implements a third new type of glyph called “Ancient Glyph,” and as you can see, it is themed after the titans. These special glyphs are not associated with the Inscription tradeskill, and are also not specific to any class.
You’re able to unlock a path and progress within that path as you continuously engage in different aspects of the game. As you advance, you will be able to unlock special glyph sockets for your character. You can also respec your path at any time, in case you decide to change your path.
You earn these ancient glyphs by using the new Archaeology secondary profession to recover and trade in titan artifacts. Each path will have 2-3 choices per rank, and again, you can respec if you decide to go down another path.
- Path of Aman’Thul, the High Father
- Path of Eonar, the Lifebinder
- Path of Norgannon, the Dreamweaver
- Path of Khaz’Goroth, the Shaper
- Path of Aggramar, the Avenger
- Path of Golganneth, the Thunderer
You can earn progress down any of these paths by doing things such as questing, raiding, PvP, trade skills, etc., with a possible weekly cap for maximum progress. Over time, you’ll be able to unlock new ancient glyphs that will greatly benefit your character.
This new system will be accessible to all players at max level. Players will eventually be able to reach new ranks for ancient glyphs, encouraging them to further develop their characters. There is also a possibility that we will introduce whole new paths in future content patches.