15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blizzcon Day 2 - Game Systems Panel

All these tallents looks a bit OP

I lol'd so hard at the paladin showcasing ret mastery

(hint: name)

Quote Originally Posted by Fàfnir
    "Each week, one of the BG will be the Rated Battleground of the week. Winning in this battleground will improve your rating and give you points. Losing will not lower your rating."

"We implement cool stuff at Blizzard ! Gain Arena points without ever setting a foot in arena !
    You're a fucking dumb slut not worth a dime in PvP? no problem ! come to our AFK-fest in rated BG's !"

and then, everyone said : "AWESOME !"

oh god this expansion is gonna suck some humongous dicks -_-
    Oh, wow, you mean they're actually trying to go beyond PVP as being simply 2s, 3s, and 5s and actually trying to push focus back to BGs? Heaven forbid!

I hope they'd get rid of Arena altogether so BGs would rule again, but this is a good start.

First off, rated BGs means they aren't going to allow stuff as stupid as going afk during a BG. If you're going into a BG, you're going to have to work for it. Second, arena points are going to be minimal to prevent a grind-esque day of just BGing to get the same level of gear as a "hardcore Arena master". Third, the rating sounds like it's designed to fight against others of your skill level, and not of anything related to Arena, so most likely, they're going to either make it not affect your PVP "personal rating" or it'll affect it in a minimal way. [maybe 100 point rating every week...not as much as Arena] If this is the case, it will take you a long time before you could get the best PVP gear in the game by simply BGing. You'll still get honor and arena points for getting good PVP gear, but it won't be as easy as it would be through Arena.

In the very end, they're finally moving PVP to an area I've wanted it to go for a long time: Moving focus back onto BGs and trying to improve it so it's not "forgotten." This is a good thing. It means they know that they need to make the game well-rounded on ALL areas of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Roguesoldier
    World of Casualcraft is gonna be bad. Just cancelled my account after reading this panel.
    Ya bye bye dont let the door hit you in the ass

The hardcores are always the ones who QQ hardest. I guess that's where the "hard" part comes from. They know how to shed those q's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mord
    Ya bye bye dont let the door hit you in the ass
    Fixed.

I'm kinda wondering more about this "Mastery" system. Now, I get this part "The old passive bonuses will be automatically added to your character through the Mastery system as you spend more points in a talent tree. Spending a lot of points in Fury will give you extra crit, etc ... this will be implemented for all classes.".

but where does Mastery rating on items come in to play?

Quote Originally Posted by axio

but where does Mastery rating on items come in to play?
    The way I understand it, Mastery will give an extra bonus to that 3rd passive stat in your most talented tree.

I could be wrong though, but that's what I get out of it.

The BG system makes perfect sense to me. Nobody said they'd remove honor gains for doing smart things, like defending points.

But when the BGs are rated, it works very similarly to Arenas. It's not really your personal performance that's rated, but whether you win or lose. Obviously doing smart things is conducive to WINNING, but you may simply be outmatched. This is true in Arenas, and I see it being equally true in BGs.

Honor gains are a completely separate entity.

LOL at "Totheground" and noticed how he skipped SoCom xD

Back to the topic, I am so excited about these changes they look really good.

WoW mastery seems kinda ripped off the WAR mastery ^^

Quote Originally Posted by IceBox
    WoW mastery seems kinda ripped off the WAR mastery ^^
    This system was in Diablo 2, just an fyi

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_020.jpg

Like the name of that paladin ^_^

Totheground? Hmm, lemme quote something.

Restricted
    Names which fall under the following categories are restricted and will most likely not receive an account penalty on the first instance. Clarification on what constitutes each category can be found by clicking on the links below.

* Trademarks
    * Pure Gibberish
    * Contain "Leet" or "Dudespeak"
    * Titles (Does not apply to Guild, Arena Team or Pet Names)
    * Real World References
    * Partial or Complete Sentences (Does not apply to Guild or Arena Team Names)
    From - http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=20421

GJ Blizz.

Otherwise, looks kinda sweet
    >Signature Removed, Replacement Pending<

Quote Originally Posted by nemesisevil
    "Each week, one of the BG will be the Rated Battleground of the week. Winning in this battleground will improve your rating and give you points. Losing will not lower your rating."

So you're eventually going to achieve a maximum amount of points a week?
    "The amount of Arena Points will be limited to prevent grinding."
    Weeeell... You might achieve maximum rating, though:P
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Sounds to me as though the "ancient runes" are like glyphs which you have to unlock the privilage to be able to equip. So eventually, you'll be able to choose whichever runes you want after you unlock them all, but you won't have them at the same time.

Picture an warlock inscriptionist learning glyphs, but he can choose which glyphs he learns (no randomness). He begins by teaching himself "Glyph of Haunt". He can now equip glyph of Haunt and get its benifit. He cannot unlearn this ever. Next week, he chooses "Glyph of Fear" to learn. Now he has a limited number of glyph slots (say 6). Eventually he'll have to pick and choose which he has equipped. Eventually he replaces his "Glyph of Haunt" with "Glyph of Fear" via the "respeccing". He has not forgotten "Glyph of Haunt", it is just not currently active.

Haha, as a druid (and a lore nerd) Im going eonar XD.

Go go trees!