(Resto) tier 9 setbonus vs. tier 8 setbonus????

Much like the title says, but overall - is there any theorycrafting out on the benefits of teir 9 set bonus (rejuv can crit) vs. the amazing minor instant heal of teir 8. About how much crit is needed to make teir 9 better than teir and should I drop 4 set tier 8 as SOON as i get 4 set tier 9?

Thanks,

Nohots

Re: (Resto) tier 9 setbonus vs. tier 8 setbonus????

It's a massive letdown overall.

T8, bonus 2: +10% to Swiftmend is something like an extra 2k in raid environments. Swiftmend is one of our lifesavers, so even if it overheals it's for the greater good.
    T8, bonus 4: ~1800 instant heal on our most used spell it's still priceless and a blessing pretty much in any situation.

T9, bonus 2: +5% crit on Nourish. Meh. I barely use Nourish in my spare time for tank healing and occasional raid healing if required. But we already have approximately 40% crit on Nourish, isn't that more than enough?
    T9, bonus 4: if the crit % is affected by our effective critical rating (which may stand between 14% and 20% in most cases) then it's nothing spectacular. Helpful indeed, but i'd rather choose a 100% instant heal rather than a RNG crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohots
    Much like the title says, but overall - is there any theorycrafting out on the benefits of teir 9 set bonus (rejuv can crit) vs. the amazing minor instant heal of teir 8. About how much crit is needed to make teir 9 better than teir and should I drop 4 set tier 8 as SOON as i get 4 set tier 9?

Thanks,

Nohots

the only time i would replace my t8.5, is with 9.75 because the stats are like 30% better.. but the whole critting rejuv, its going to be all overheal almost always.

I would just ignore the bonus, a boost of 19 itemlvl fram 226->245 is pretty much price less. I replaced t7 with random ulduar gear because I would rather have higher ticks on my hots and higher mana reg then any bonus and im going to do the same with toc. I just have yet to see a bonus for any healing class that was worth not upgrading for.