Thread: 40 man raids

40 man raids

Are we gonna see that in the future again? Was thinking now when we have cross server LFG it really should not be very hard to put a 40 man raid together. We did it in vanilla WoW, back when only half as many ppl was playing, and now with 12million accounts active, and cross server groups, it might just come back imo.
    Altho, i am aware that handling a 40man raid is harder than a 25 or 10man, but still.

You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.

Re: 40 man raids

The Cross-Server LFG is only for 5mans.

There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

My vote is: i hope not.

Hard enough dealing with 5-10 idiots from my server..
    But a possible 39 that i have no clue about too? /wrists
    <a href="http://tinypic.com" target="_blank"></a>

Blizz has stated they wanted to move away from the 40 man raids due to the immense patience required. People leave 25 mans after 10-20 minutes before getting started, imagine trying to put one with 40 together and get them all doing the right jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    The Cross-Server LFG is only for 5mans.

Kinda. They are going to try and see how it works then if it goes well they will also use it for 10/25mans aswell.
    BTW its coming out with 3.3

Putting 40 man together is one thing, organising them is another
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Aswed
    Kinda. They are going to try and see how it works then if it goes well they will also use it for 10/25mans aswell.
    BTW its coming out with 3.3
    MAYBE it will come out with 3.3.

It isn't official, so dont get your hopes up.

Note their exact word were it "SHOULD" be out with 3.3.0. But people seem to think the definition of the word "should" is definitive and get upset when it doesn't come.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

40 man raids will never make a come back.

blizz is way too satisfied with 10/25 man raids. loot distribution would suck, having 40 people saved to one ID is awful, balancing issues is also a problem in such a big raid. It worked in vanilla because arena didnt exist and class balancing wasnt a problem.

anyways, even if you disagree with my reasons, blizz has their own and I know this will never happen.
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

The problem with 40 man raids are that it is hard to find that many people and it will take too long because there will always be someone afking...

And otherwise... They just suck...

Offtopic... Yes I like having three ... in almost every sentence I make... don't ask why...

40 man raids would _NOT_ suck.

There is no reason why they won't be able to keep the 20 man raids up still and people who hate 40 man can still play 25 man.

Organising a 40 man guild wouldn't be a problem either, it was done in vanilla it can be done still and _ESPECIALLY_ now that there are addons who tells you who messes up (something you couldn't do in vanilla)

40 man raids are also damn epic. People who didn't do them can't know but it was awesome to see 20 firebolts flying at a mob draining his hp slowly away.

And for the noobs who say "yeah but you could have 20 people afking blablabla". Id LOVE to see them doing twin emperors or even the baron in MC with even 5 people afking.

Anyway, short answer, no I don't see 40 man guilds coming back and no the lfg system would be horible if they would implement it in raids.

Why? Imagine the ninja looting that would happen. As well as the fact that right now you know not to take player "X" cause he goes afk too much or he fakes dc or he ninja pulls or he is a very very bad player.
    With the LFG system for raids you wouldnt know any of that

I don't think they'll go back to PvE 40man raids. There's a lot of reasons, including the popularity of the current raid sizes. Most importantly, I believe it's a visual decision. By having less player characters inside the instance, they are able to give us more flashy armor, better detailed spells and more engaging environments.

10+ Year Old Account

40 man raids are also damn epic
    you can set a dungeon difficulty thing and its sets it to 40 man which is called epic.

40 mans? Lol. What we need are 200 mans!
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Only time will tell I suppose :

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker
    Are we gonna see that in the future again? Was thinking now when we have cross server LFG it really should not be very hard to put a 40 man raid together. We did it in vanilla WoW, back when only half as many ppl was playing, and now with 12million accounts active, and cross server groups, it might just come back imo.
    Altho, i am aware that handling a 40man raid is harder than a 25 or 10man, but still.

Oh hell no, its hard enough to deal with 24 dumbshits as it is, let alone 39...

40 mans were horrible.

I used to like 40 mans and missed them greatly, but after dealing with 24 other people on a more social level through bc and now wrath I'd rather everything just be 10 man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutter
    40 mans were horrible.
    naw... they were awesome.

setting them up and getting the people to work together for the extended periods of time to progress through to later tiers was a pain in the ass
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

40 man raids weren't designed to be puggable, it was a guild effort. moving from to the 10/25 allows for pugging, which in turn gives people who don't want to join a raiding guild but still want gear the chance to come and go as they please... i wouldn't mind seeing a 10/25/40, although it'd probably be a little much to keep track of.. that way guilds could grow and do the 40 mans that so many people enjoyed or stay in the 10/25 range.