Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bring Crowd Control back!

i really think that there is'nt a need of using crowd control when you are raiding in WOTLK compared to how inmportant it were back in vanilla and the burning crusade. and we got the classes for it even! so i would say they should design instance so we would need it again, just to make it a bit harder and require a bit more skill when raiding.

And before you flame me for saying a bit more skill when raiding heres a explanation:
    Back then, did you have to be carefull on what spells you used when you had a sheep up, now in wotlk, can you run in and do whatever you want to do, because there isnt any instance where it is required.

this is just my experienced really. dont know if i am the only one encountering this.

Re: Bring Crowd Control back!

Try the trash before Kologarn or Vezax or Faction Champions itself without CC and see how far you get.

CC isn't dead, it's just not absolutely required. It makes the pulls/encounters that require it a bit more unique.

Wazdakka

Crowd Control is for Communists.

Quote Originally Posted by Thnagera
    Try the trash before Kologarn or Vezax or Faction Champions itself without CC and see how far you get.

CC isn't dead, it's just not absolutely required. It makes the pulls/encounters that require it a bit more unique.
    I havent gotten that far in udluar yet, and i've done all faction champions without! ;o

Im sure he means the raiding faction champs and not the 5man ones

I agree more marking and cc, too many people are getting into raiding new atm and are like marks huh kill order what, cc :S.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

Yes, more CC can't be emphasized enough! I would not mind taking a dps nerf if it meant CC became more prevalent. The trash before Vezax is currently my favorite part of Ulduar for this exact reason. (Haven't even downed vezax himself, but the trash is still great )

Quote Originally Posted by Wazdakka
    One could argue that WoW is becoming more communist with the "let everyone see end game" philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantism
    One could argue that WoW is becoming more communist with the "let everyone see end game" philosophy.
    << Super Communist

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyclean
    Every time I see you post, I always expect nerd rage. What's with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantism
    Since not everyone owns yogg +0, that statement is not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Synite
    It is... He didnt say that everyone had to be downing it but that everyone should be able to see it. And everyone with just a little sense of whats going on should be able to see it imo!

15+ Year Old Account

CC'ing the Freya Thrash is always usefull. Its not needed, but I bet 10 players would die that way (OMG Heal heal the poison ffs!!!)
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Wazdakka

But not the TK type of CC needed that was just Overkill -.-

A bit of CC yes but not that we have to CC all but the one Mob that was sadly given CC imunity (They are poor Fellas always Focus)
    Remeber Kid‘s: As long as people have same delusion they are not crazy, they're are a „religion“.

Quote Originally Posted by Leios the Worstcase
    I always liked the Kael trash CCing, but mostly because I was a warlock not having to CC much

Quote Originally Posted by Leios the Worstcase

A bit of CC yes but not that we have to CC all but the one Mob that was sadly given CC imunity (They are poor Fellas always Focus)
    CC like Domo from MC. Some CC, some tanking. Neither were Overkill.

Well I guess it's not that strange we don't see much cc nowadays. Naxx is too easy (no surprise there) or the mobs are undead and hard to cc since priests with time left to shackle may be few or so many and so small they don't need cc. Ulduar hardly has any trash if you compare it to other big raids and there's a lot of mechanical mobs that are tricky to cc... and those mob packs don't need it anyways. The places that does have more trash like Freya and Vezax are also great for cc: they have plenty of mobs with really nasty abilities that make the trash a lot more manageable if they are cc'd but they are still possible to do without if the group is good enough.

So the conclusion I'm drawing from this is that for there to be more cc involved they'd either have to put in more trash than ulduar has or give the mobs (or more of them) abilities so dangerous that they have to be ccd unless alone left.

If they were to bring CC back it'd have to be only to make things a tiny bit easier. It can't be near impossible without it.
    This is why they removed the need for it in the first place, some people just don't raid with enough mages/rogues/locks/whatever else has viable cc now.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyk
    If they were to bring CC back it'd have to be only to make things a tiny bit easier. It can't be near impossible without it.
    This is why they removed the need for it in the first place, some people just don't raid with enough mages/rogues/locks/whatever else has viable cc now.
    Essentially all forms of classes have SOME form of CC now... they chances these days of being without a class in your raid is remote, unless your a fan of 25 man warrior runs?

Quote Originally Posted by Synite
    Lore-wise there is no difference between killing Yogg 0 and Yogg+4, so as far as I am concerned, every is able to see the same content (except for algalon).

I am not saying that yogg+0 is easy and i think its good that the hardcore guilds still have something to do- still it is the same encounter as far as lore goes, hence why players who used to be hardcore have gone casual. Hard modes just aren't interesting to us.

Anyways, all that aside, having pulls that required well coordinated CC would make normal modes pointless because casual guilds would spend all their time wiping on it. (or mine would at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Thnagera

we used cc on those pulls the first week after that we lol'd and just tank'd it all, trash isnt hard.