Page 1 of 2
LastLast

unholy or blood lvling ?

- specc ?
    - glyphs ?
    - rotation ?

before you flame me for beeing too lazy to search it myself... looked up the Q/A thread, builds are not 3.2 lol
    thx.

Re: unholy lvling

Just use that thing called common sense and pick up some random talents that look good.

I'd level as blood anyway, you can solo anything.

Re: unholy lvling

Unholy leveling sucks balls.

Just go blood it's much easier.
    I tried unholy for two levels and it was hell. Just dont put yourself through this. You dont want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Re: unholy or blood lvling ?

common sense works for me, led me to ->
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...&version=10192
    rotation: it-ps-bs-bs-ob(or ds if significant hp loss)
    thats why i ask, my problem is not that it sucks but i have very litte knowledge about dk skill scaling (maybe an unholy specc with scourge strike instead of obliterate as "finisher" would be better)

but if you think blood specc would be better i'd also be very happy with a talent calc link

Quote Originally Posted by nethariel.
    common sense works for me, led me to ->
    rotation: it-ps-bs-bs-ob(or ds if significant hp loss)
    thats why i ask, my problem is not that it sucks but i have very litte knowledge about dk skill scaling (maybe an unholy specc with scourge strike instead of obliterate as "finisher" would be better)

but if you think blood specc would be better i'd also be very happy with a talent calc link
    Butchery = bad
    Glyph of blood strike = bad
    Desecration = terribad
    no desolation = bad

You don't start with 71 talent points so better pick up scourge strike to level and you need lvl 80 for your 3rd glyph slot .

For blood:

Vendetta is pretty weak and you usually don't need the health anyway.
    You can put 3 points from death rune mastery into blade barrier as well because you'll rarely get to use those death runes anyway.
    Dancing rune weapon usually sux balls but it might still be worth a point for elite quests.

thx nillo <3

Unholy tends to be the most gear forgiving while leveling, plus the ghoul adds quite a bit of dps and is easily glyphed for. More importantly is the talent On a Pale Horse - while leveling, consider how much time you spend just...running around.

Every tree is fit to do anything, just in a different way. Blood cant kill AoE packs as fast, but they could probably take more mobs at once and self heal through the dmg.

Frost and Unholy can kaboom the mobs down, especially frost. Unholy has its fun random stuff, frost makes you feel badass with your 999999k crits

As long as you can figure it out, it all works good

blood always blood

trust me with a good blood leveling spec any death knight can solo any elite.

Blood. No question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagdush
    I would drag my dick through a mile of lava just to listen to someone that's installing the beta on Skype.

Any spec can solo elites. (except may be frost ... due to some elite like that ices dragon is immune to ice dmg..)

the +20% on mount is just going to save you much more time compared to the ~1second you kill a normal mob faster.

And of course, having a permanent ghoul also is great.

If not spec into unholy, at least deep enough to get "on a pale horse". It owns all others on leveling.

another tip, level as blood in unholy presence. mobs are two shotted in every case, you just strike faster.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I found Mark of Blood quite usefull against elite mobs of higher level.

Both work, really. I levelled as UH, for the ghoul and faster mount speed, and soloing elites never was a problem. You still have death pact, death strike and army for tight situations.

(For the record, frost can also solo elites just aswell, even frost resistant mobs, since their main attack since 3.2 is Obliterate, which is physical)

Blood is by far better imo - you canfight mobs endlessly and not have any downtime. And once u pop vampiric blood and mark of blood any elite is lol to you.

Compared to this Unholy seems complicated and the pet kinda sucks after lvl 64 when the mobs catch up in hp and armor
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

As everyone else said, lvl as blood.
    If you collect some tanking gear while you level, you can solo every single quest without problems. (ex. my lvl 75 DK solo'ed that 5-man quest in dragonblight without going under 50% at any time, no CD)
    And easy rotation guide, spread the disieases, use heart strike all the time and if you are out of blood runes, use deathstrike. also keep punching rune strike, and if everything is on CD, do a death coil. Then you will never die

Quote Originally Posted by Colosum
    As everyone else said, lvl as blood.
    If you collect some tanking gear while you level, you can solo every single quest without problems. (ex. my lvl 75 DK solo'ed that 5-man quest in dragonblight without going under 50% at any time, no CD)
    And easy rotation guide, spread the disieases, use heart strike all the time and if you are out of blood runes, use deathstrike. also keep punching rune strike, and if everything is on CD, do a death coil. Then you will never die
    No, everyone didn't said lvl in blood.

I solo 5 man quests too in unholy/frost. Your point being?

And Unholy ae > blood ae.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldTree
    Any spec can solo elites. (except may be frost ... due to some elite like that ices dragon is immune to ice dmg..)

the +20% on mount is just going to save you much more time compared to the ~1second you kill a normal mob faster.

And of course, having a permanent ghoul also is great.

If not spec into unholy, at least deep enough to get "on a pale horse". It owns all others on leveling.

Dont gimme that crap unholy is good for only 2 reasons pale horse for speeding up questing and perma ghoul

the fact that blood uses death strike as one of its abilities is enough to solo most elites for the tough ones pop your cooldowns

unholy to solo stuff must death strike at a dps loss

only blood will let you move quickly and efficiently

yeah, i respecc'd blood two days ago and i like it (basically cause i enjoy the relaxing hs spam while lvling more than punshing 5 buttons all the time )
    i think it's not a question of possibility to solo the elite mob's in frost or unholy, it's simply easier with blood.

thank you all for your advices

I just started leveling my DK as well, granted only level 58. Here is what I have...

The point in rune tap is just a filler, could be put into vampiric blood/improved blood presence either way. Haven't really done any questing yet, did 1 WSG and 1 AV last night and enjoyed it quite well. It really comes down to personal preference.