Thread: DK tank addons?

DK tank addons?

I was wondering if there are any good addons to use as a DK tank (frost spec'd). All I use atm are Power Auras (so I know when Rime and Killing Machine are proc'd) and the standard X-Perl. Is there anything else you guys use for tanking?

Re: DK tank addons?

I usually use:

Grid
    ICEHuD
    DBM
    Bartender 4
    Omen
    Recount
    Prat
    Cooldown Counter
    Chinchilla
    Class Timer
    Elkano's Buff Bars
    Eaves Drop

I used IceHUD up until X-Perl finally fixed the rune display. I've got no use for the health bars and junk in the middle of my screen. Grid is kinda useless as a DK imo. And ofc everyone should be using DBM and Omen.

Magic Runes, as these show me runes as bar graphs instead of icons so i know when combinations of runes will cooldown.

Classtimer with the DK tanking cooldowns added.

MSBT with custom warnings when my Blade Barrier and DK CDs go down.

As a tank of any class, a threat meter is required. You should definitely go and get that.

Edit: Lol I guess you already have it, didn't read your second post

Ill vouch for MSBT with custom warnings, and add a favorite of mine, custom Elk Buff Bars to show my target debuffs, my procs, my self debuffs etc...

Absolutely zero, i take pride in a challenge and to adapt, not all these noob addons. adapt and learn

You shouldn need anything besides a threat meter.
    R.I.P World of Warcraft 2004-2009 The Casuals whiners finally killed you, one wonders how casuals can overcome reallife, they must cry alot at work and out in the big world, when stuff is to hard and time consuming. Maybe god will helps casual scrubs handle real life? nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ
    Absolutely zero, i take pride in a challenge and to adapt, not all these noob addons. adapt and learn

lol? Absolutely zero! But you should use a threat meter! But absolutely zero!

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ

i did all pre ulduar stuff without addons... guild ruled made me use them... but i think the addons didnt change my way of tanking. but now, with some addons, i have a wider view of things on the raid. everyone should have something like grid or another to see the "status" of the raid, a threat meter is not that important as a tank, if your guild have good dpsers u don't need to care because u should do the max threat u can do ALL time, and they should do their job correctly.

as a tank u should have anything that allow u to see how healer's mana going for example...

addons are very usefull because a raid is 25 ppl, and everyone should be aware of the other 24. if u are soloing something then u dont need addons.

atm i use for raid tanking:
    bartender to arrange better my bars
    class timer to keep track of procs and diseases on target
    dbm and ora2 (guild rules but very helpfull)
    digits
    grid to see the "status" of raid
    yury's RuneDisplay
    omen