Thread: Blue opinions

Blue opinions

-Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place right now.

What do you think about this question?

My 2 cents...warlock going to be COOL but still sucks in pvp in the near future.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Blue opinions

You're misreading. I'll interpret:

-Warlock's survavibility wasn't really good at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, but they're in a pretty good place in 3.2.

Its not about cataclysm. It's about right now. And I agree - resilience changes made things better for us in general. Do rogues still kick our ass? Yes, but its no longer our survivability thats the problem. Its them and their current mechanics. Change that and we're golden.

R.I.P. YARG

Rogues kick our ass,DK´s,Warriors(not all specs),good Magues (we need a lot of gear with spell penetration,is not fair),Feral Druids,etc...I know what we not make bad at all in some brackets,but EVER is the same,the warlock dependency.Dependency of a squishy pet,dependency of a pocket healer,dependency of a lot of resil,a lot of spell penetration etc...

Ever need a mate to cover our ass,and i think this is the real problem,our mechanic fail and we still without of tools to self denfense.Only works with a pocket healer or a super pvp gear...my DK without pvp gear have a lot of more pvp tools to be fun in pvp wow,and my rogue too.

But remember us in BC,you think what we dont loose a lot of "status quo" in wotlk?.

Warlocks can kill rogues, warriors, and on the rare occasion, DK's. Its not easy 1v1, and if there are 2+ melee on you in arenas, unless you have a really good healer, you will die. I definately agree that we (warlocks) have a harder time against melee than say, mages, but it is not impossible. Try watching this;

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=121739

It is a destro guide but it should help you do better even if you dont play that spec. I dont believe there is only one way to be effective but this should give you an idea of how to approach each class. Im not trying to sound like Im the best lock at PvP, that is definately untrue. I did get a lot better at it though by PvPing speciffic classes that gave me problems a lot.

Rogues and DK's will always be our toughest opponents. The best suggestion I can make is to duel a lot; even pay top level PvPers to fight you so you can hone your skills.
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TerryBogard
    The best suggestion I can make is to duel a lot; even pay top level PvPers to fight you so you can hone your skills.
    ^^ This.

... and, when possible, ask questions. What worked, what didn't, what concerned the other person, what did they laugh off, etc. Sometimes, "how do I stop you from doing [insert ability here]" works wonders.

Just be prepared for "l2play" or other "educational" responses.

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum
    ^^ This.

... and, when possible, ask questions. What worked, what didn't, what concerned the other person, what did they laugh off, etc. Sometimes, "how do I stop you from doing [insert ability here]" works wonders.

Just be prepared for "l2play" or other "educational" responses.
    This.

Thisthisthisthisthis. A million times this.

The best way to improve in most if not everything competitive is go up against someone better than you, often. Take your losses, they're the fastest way to learn.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    This.

Thisthisthisthisthis. A million times this.

The best way to improve in most if not everything competitive is go up against someone better than you, often. Take your losses, they're the fastest way to learn.
    what if we could make the warlocks specs be like this

Affliction - Less dependent on demons, you can use them, but most of the damage should be from warlock: 90% warlock - 10% demon
    Destruction - Less dependent on demons, you can use the, but most of the damage should be from warlock: 90% warlock - 10% demon
    Demonology - Much dependent on demons, you use their abilities to do your bidding, 60-75% demon - 40-25% warlock

wouldnt those ratio's make each class be their own, and have their powers be fun for each spec?

15+ Year Old Account

You're starting to get into the Mastery system Acidic. Cataclysm will work like this: Three talent trees that affect how you play the game. Affliction would get things like Haunt, UA, Nightfall, and Eradication. Demonology would get things like Demonic Empowerment, Soul Link, Meta, and Demonic Pact. Destruction would get things like Conflag, Aftermath, Backlash, and Empowered Imp.

Now go through the trees and strip out 80% of the +damage stuff, including but not limited to, Shadow Mastery, Emberstorm, Demonic Tactics, Empowered Corruption, etc. Now you can start merging it all into a new, 4th tree dedicated to increasing your damage while the Talent Trees focus on giving you tools and amplifying existing ones. +Fire and +Shadow could become one single +Spell Damage talent, and give Destruction the option of weaving a Shadow Bolt into their rotation without screwing with the overall dps.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    You're starting to get into the Mastery system Acidic. Cataclysm will work like this: Three talent trees that affect how you play the game. Affliction would get things like Haunt, UA, Nightfall, and Eradication. Demonology would get things like Demonic Empowerment, Soul Link, Meta, and Demonic Pact. Destruction would get things like Conflag, Aftermath, Backlash, and Empowered Imp.

Now go through the trees and strip out 80% of the +damage stuff, including but not limited to, Shadow Mastery, Emberstorm, Demonic Tactics, Empowered Corruption, etc. Now you can start merging it all into a new, 4th tree dedicated to increasing your damage while the Talent Trees focus on giving you tools and amplifying existing ones. +Fire and +Shadow could become one single +Spell Damage talent, and give Destruction the option of weaving a Shadow Bolt into their rotation without screwing with the overall dps.
    well, i know about the mastery system, to me thats like getting your PhD in destruction...

what im saying is to make each flavor of warlock be distinct. and making demonology more about the pets would make it into its own flavor.

since right now demonology is a mix of both destruction and affliction.

The main reason why Demonology feels like it's a mixture of the two other specs is that you're still using a mix of the spells that the other specs use. There aren't really any spells that are Demo-specific that you can cast in the same way you cast, say, Corruption. Nor should there be. Demonology is all about improving your character's and your demon's base abilities while giving you situation-specific abilities that you need to get out of trouble. That's why it works in entry-level raiding and why it will always lag behind in the later raiding stages when everybody else is geared up.

Personally, I think your suggestion has already been addressed. The three specs have very different flavors to them while still maintaining their purpose: blow stuff up. Affliction has dots, and, frankly, I only use pets as a mana battery. When I raid with Affliction or use that spec to farm shards, my demon isn't doing a whole lot of dps. It's mostly me. Same thing goes for Destruction. I'm doing a whole bunch of damage, and the imp is just the icing on a very explodey cake. They feel very different though. They use different spells with different methods to achieve the same goal.

Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot