Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Algalon Big Bang

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    I never did Algalon so I'm wondering.... is Big Bang affected by armor?
    I haven't found information on this anywhere but WoWhead comment. It reads:
    "Big Bang ignores armor. It is Physical dmg so that it can be keyed to ignore Divine Shield and Iceblock.

He tanks through Big Bang in the videos because if Big Bang hits no one, Algalon will "Ascend to the Heavens", instantly destroying your raid.

You therefore need to have someone Guardian Spirit/Shieldwall+Last Stand/Dispersion through the Big Bang every time it occurs or your raid will wipe."

Haven't found any supporting information anywhere on this.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

AD does work for the Big Bang.

On a side note, it will not work for IC hard mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    I think you misinterpreted what I said. The encounter truly favors pally tanks now because of this talent change. It makes the fight so much more trivial during the raid-wiping ability. Also, because the pally stayed out and ate the Big Bang, he never loses any amount of threat. Not having to worry about threat resets is a huge bonus.

I never said the fight was made for prot pallys. I know the AD change just happened and Algalon has been out since 3.1. Don't confuse the point I am trying to make please.
    The above post is completely right. So much misinformation in this thread.

A prot paladin makes this encounter a lot easier.