help to improving dps

Hi wonder if anyone can give me tips on improving my dps as I dont understand why its so low I have tested on a lvl 80 dummy and only seem to get about 1.3 - 1.4k dps which seems a bit low. I seem to have big problems getting on any instances and raids to get better gear.

I have read about the priorities I need to use for arms spec and usually my rotation priority is

charge- rend (keep on) - MS - slam - OP(if proc) - SD(if procs and rage above 60)

I know I can tweak my character like no enchants, not sure which ones and not sure if I have the right gems. I've seen that Str seems to be the best to go for.

Any tips would be nice. This is my character

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...krock&n=Ilayna

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: help to improving dps

Are you looking for help on PvE damage... or PvP? Your toon is all PvP gear... so you have way too many itemization points wasted (in a PvE sense) on Resilience.

If you want to improve your PvE damage, get some PvE gear. Run H-ToC and pug any ten man T7 content you can.

Generally speaking... I can put out about half the damage on a target dummy compared to in a full raid. Especially true on my main (a rogue) that does 7k+ on static fights (patch, ignus speed kill method) but only hits a target dummy for about 3-3.5k with no buffs at all.
    Keep Calm and Chive On!

dummies are a bad test of dps.

Your rotation is wrong:

1. don't include charge as you will not be able to use it in every situation.

Rend (if its not up) > Execute > OP >< MS > Slam

It is very very important to keep rend up, i can't stress this enough. After that Execute is your highest dps ability, so use it every time it procs. The reason I used >< for MS and OP is that you do not have to use overpower the instant it comes up. MS has a 6 sec CD and OP has a 6sec internal cool down on rend dmg. If OP and MS come up at the same time, you should actually MS first to keep it on CD longer, then OP. The goal is to ensure that every OP proc is used and there is a 6 second timer period in order to use it effectively.

You logged out in PvP gear so I cannot help in that regard. If you are under 30% arp stack str gems. Make sure you get hit cap (8%) and Expertise cap (depends on spec). Run H-ToC for the axe or polearm and pickup the beserking enchant (its amazing).

Warrior depends very much on gear. When you get small upgrades you notice it in dps for sure

hi many thanks for your tips.

Yes I am looking for pve dmg to do instances and get better gear. actually I dont have any other gear.

well i was told that I should test on dummies and I should get say 2k worth of dps which I cant even get close to. I'm using pvp gear which is the best gear I can get w/o going into instances. I can get in to any grps as when I tell them my dps I cant get in. for H TOC 1.3k is way too low.

I'll try using the dps priority and see if that changes my dps much.

Shld I try any normal instances for gear to scale up to heroic ones?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

If you don't have PvE gear... then definitely do some regulars to gear up for heroics. If you are in a guild with people that will run you, even better. I got lucky on my warrior alt and had him in H-ToC 30 minutes after dinging 80 still wearing most of my L70 dps gear pulling 1.7k. After three days I've picked up five of the plate pieces from there (and the regular)... mostly cause I have Uld/TotC geared mains dragging my alt through with them.

Target dummy dps is crap for one big reason... no buffs on you and no debuffs on the "boss". It's good for a raw baseline number... but really that's about it. It's not reflective of anything you'll actually do in a five man or raid environment.

And Kencaid is correct about the priority system for attacks. Keep rend up, keep MS on cooldown, then Execute/Overpower/Slam depending on which is up. Pop Sweeping Strike & Bladestorm on cooldown when safe (safe = after good aggro on everything is established... not to start a pull).

As for spec... get rid of Improved Cleave and Piercing Howl. Put a full five into either Improve Demo or Commanding Presence, then the last two into Improved Execute.
    Keep Calm and Chive On!

ok. wondering which would be the best instance for getting warrior gear. I dont mind starting from normals as I need to experience.

thanks for the priority system corrections I'll definitely try it.

I'll respec my talents aswell.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

This link will take you to lootrank.com. I've setup approximate EP values for what a Warrior would want. It will only show you 5 Man, 5 Man Heroic, BoE Items (Crafted and Raid Drops), Rep, and Quest items. Nothing you'd get from a "raid".

Use this to determine where you need to run to get what gear you want.

http://www.lootrank.com/wr.asp?Cla=1...x0=0&x1=0&x2=0
    Keep Calm and Chive On!

Hi all

using the tips on respeccing and dps rotation I now have managed to get my dps up to 1.9k on the dummies (even though I know you guys think its not the best indicator for dps) ;D

now I guess its time to get some better gear by PUGing some instances. I'll look at that link to see if I can pick on some gear and run the instances.

Once I have dont that I guess to tweak more i can gem and enchant the gear to improve my dps more.

A big thanks to everyone who provided tips for me again

2k DPS is more than enough for most heroic instances. Sure, having more is appreciated, but 2k is the flat line you should be above for heroics.

Since you can achieve 1.9k on dummies, I am confident you can get at least 2k DPS in a heroic because you will have buffs, the enemies will have debuffs, and you'll be able to attack more than 1 enemy at a time (Sweeping Strikes and Bladestorm).

Totc is your first stop for gear, normal and heroic. Normal has helmet, chest, gloves, belt, back and a ring, so get it farmed. Listen to what the guys say about rotation, I recently tinkered with my warrior, after a week in totc, I used to do around 1.6k dps in instances, now I do 2.5k-3.3k on my arms warrior. Didn't take me long at all to boost it up.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too awesome), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

if u pull 1.9K on dummies you are set. That will equal out to probably around 2.5K with buffs

Personally I pull 3.3K on dummies, which ends up being 4-5K depending on the fight.

Also make sure you focus your gems on Str (no crit, no haste, and no arp until you get 30% passive arp from your gear). Keep hit cap, try and get exp cap, and stack as much arp as possible on your gear (passively, not from gems). Enchant your gear with +AP and beserking for your weap (I would just stick with 85 or 110 ap for your weap until you replace it with a h-toc one)