Titansteel Guardian or Spellblade

WOTLK I have kinda decided to go Shadow. I'm 80 now starting to run Heroics and Naxx. I have a very friendly guild who is helping me so I'm very lucky. My Hit is very low only 8%.

Anyway If I was doing 50/50 PvE/PvP would you guys get either

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41384 - Titansteel Guardian

or

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45085 - Titansteel Spellblade

Thanks for your help.

Re: Titansteel Guardian or Spellblade

I would take the Dagger coz ure not hitcapped But why not going the new 5er Heroic and grab http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/47569/spectral-kris/

When is hit cap and when would one have enough hit for heroics/naxx

Hitcap is at 289(Horde) and 262(?) as a Draenei or grouped with a Draenei. (Though you need less hit for hc's)

Do you pug or are you going with friends to naxx/hc's?

I do agree on getting that spectral kris Lostprophet mentioned.

But out of the two options you provided, I highly recommend the spellblade because

1. It provides 30 hit rating, which is HUGE if you are under the hit cap
    2. It provides a higher critical strike rating (more than 0.5%).

Although it provides less spellpower and stamina than the mace, well stamina isnt important as shadow..compared to your other stats. Its more of a stat that naturally comes with the gear. As for spellpower, the fact the spellblade provides more crit and hit, heavily outweighs this extra 49 spellpower. IMO aim for hit cap first, and after u are hit capped, go do raids and get weapons with even greater spellpower than the mace

Friends only. Will prob pug here and there. There aren't alot of good guilds out there so i finally found a really good one so getting back into PvE again.

Why you ask?

And what is this horde and alliance and Dranei thing?

If you're Horde, your hit cap is 289.

If you're Alliance, your hit cap is 263.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat

This is raid boss hit cap. If you are doing trash or heroics we are self hit capped with talents. When I run heroics for friends & when we do trash I drop all the hit gear I have that I could slap on something else with better stats simply because we're self hit capped for those things. Boss fights I put my normal gear back on though.

This is inaccurate. The hit cap, unless you choose for some ill-advised reason to not pick up the talents contributing hit, is 289 for Horde. It is also 289 for Alliance - unless, as Lostprophet indicated earlier, you are, or have in your party, a Draenei. This is due to the Draenei racial which provides 1% hit to themselves and their party.

If you are not Draenei, you should strive to meet the 289 hit cap for raids. This way you don't have to be concerned about misses should you find yourself without a Draenei in your specific party (since it is not raid-wide) due to the way the groups are distributed, range from that player in some encounters, or their early death in a fight.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    This is inaccurate. The hit cap, unless you choose for some ill-advised reason to not pick up the talents contributing hit, is 289 for Horde. It is also 289 for Alliance - unless, as Lostprophet indicated earlier, you are, or have in your party, a Draenei. This is due to the Draenei racial which provides 1% hit to themselves and their party.

If you are not Draenei, you should strive to meet the 289 hit cap for raids. This way you don't have to be concerned about misses should you find yourself without a Draenei in your specific party (since it is not raid-wide) due to the way the groups are distributed, range from that player in some encounters, or their early death in a fight.
    Long post to say the same thing I did. I hear raids bring shamans, it's true!

Long post to say the same thing I did. I hear raids bring shamans, it's true!
    But Draenei Hit IS NOT RAID WIDE, u have to be in his/her group...so just 5 people will get that.

And I asked u can do easily naxx with good geared friends.. pugs may not invite you until u got 60% purlpe:>

15+ Year Old Account

Uh since when is the 1% hit NOT raid wide?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    Uh since when is the 1% hit NOT raid wide?
    It never was. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=28878

But any most raids have like 6-7 Draenei so it isn't a big deal if you are not at 289.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by maizeandblue15
    It never was. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=28878

But any most raids have like 6-7 Draenei so it isn't a big deal if you are not at 289.
    I know it never was raid wide but my understanding was that when all other aura went raid wide & it was changed from melee/spell hit to just hit that it was changed to be a full raid buff not a party buff.