"Dangerous" dual wield One-hand fury PvP Burst spec for old school warriors

Everyone that knows me in game knows that I like to test out "wierd" and different talent specs.
    This is the first time I post a thread about it tho, so please be gentle ^^
    (I know someone don't like this and will complain, but thoughts are welcome) :P

I know there are some old school fury warriors out there that miss dual wielding one-hands and still be able to kill someone without losing all (or nearly all) health on all fights.

I have infact tested out this spec and you can to some incredible damage in the time of seconds without the need to use 2 big two-hands.

The "way of use" (or "how to make a difference") (Or maybe just "The way I like to use it") :P
    If you use bloodrage and Berserker rage to generate rage then pop deathwish and reckless and use Concussion blow bloodthirst and whirlwind I promise you you get out alot of damage in that one stun (if you got enough attackpower), that is the reason for Intensify rage too, so you can use death wish and recklessness more often. If you have the talent "Gag Order" you can use Heroic throw at the end of the stun for another 3 sec silence,
    (I am pretty sure it's useful against casters). You will almost always have rage, so whenever whirlwind and bloodthirst is in cooldown you should use heroic strike, (yes, you read right) it have a high crit chance and affect damage on one-hands a great deal. and everytime you crit with it you generate 10 rage if you have the glyph.

I have only tested the first version (it is not exactly how it was when I used it but something similar)

The second version gives more utility in the sacrifice of some damage on bloodthirst whirlwind and slam (slam not needed) and strength (remember strength gives attackpower and bloodthirst and Concussion blow is based on it), but instead you got one-handed weapon specialization give 8% increase to ALL physical damage.

you can tweak it around the way you want it ofc xD
    But "Furious attacks" "Concussion blow" "Bloodthirst" is the MUST

1st version
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...&version=10192

2nd version

If there is anyone at all that felt like testing this spec, please report how it was. I would be happy if anyone actually tried it instead of just thinking teoretic if it would work or not. Cause when I use it People get suprised over how I beat them with a wierd spec, I find that to be very funny, especial when they underrestimate it.

Re: "Dangerous" dual wield One-hand fury PvP Burst spec for old school warriors

I like the idea of this spec quite a bit. I'm willing to bet with the way warrior talent tree's will be made up in the next expansion, the idea of cookie-cutter builds might be out of the window and making way for the talents you most want within reason. I'm also hoping for either a double hit with heroic strike with two 1h weapons or the ability to use heroic strike with your offhand weapon. I'm more interested in the first spec over the 2nd though.

I am Warrior - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrasz
    I like the idea of this spec quite a bit. I'm willing to bet with the way warrior talent tree's will be made up in the next expansion, the idea of cookie-cutter builds might be out of the window and making way for the talents you most want within reason. I'm also hoping for either a double hit with heroic strike with two 1h weapons or the ability to use heroic strike with your offhand weapon. I'm more interested in the first spec over the 2nd though.
    There will always be a highest dps/mitigation/threat/healing spec, therefore there will always be a cookie cutter build for everyone.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

My DW 1handers Warrior spec:

Slow Axe MH, Fast Sword OH.
    Battle stance. Execute all the time for damage. Your goal is to get as much rage as possible and basically spam executes, with added rend and overpowers as slight fillers.

Edit: Wrong glyph.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Your spec is good Baabinator, but do you use it for PvP? cause it look more like a "DPS only" spec.

Anyway, good to see other "1 handers" out there :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ram2rol
    Your spec is good Baabinator, but do you use it for PvP? cause it look more like a "DPS only" spec.

Anyway, good to see other "1 handers" out there :P
    I occasionally use it for pvp. Just normal BG's, not arena. In PVP its fun as shit, since when you pop shieldblock you can LITERALLY spam revenge! And damn those things hit like 2.5k each and crit for sometimes up to 5k!

But it's mostly for PVE. Since it scales hugely :P, Only downside is that you rely mostly on 9% RNG. Although it procs often, sometimes you get unlucky strings and cant execute for 6-8 seconds.

If you want this spec to be really good for pvp you should go dual-axes and drop sword spec and take the arms pvp talents.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

oh. you use shield too? :P you didn't say that in your first post ^^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ram2rol
    oh. you use shield too? :P you didn't say that in your first post ^^
    Well sometimes you have to

Smart warriors use everything they can to counter the enemy. I for one, use spellreflect ALOT. Ofc i change back right after the spell, but sometimes you need to survive the enemy's cooldowns rather then dealing damage. Because once he blew then, you can then wreck havoc on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    Well sometimes you have to

Smart warriors use everything they can to counter the enemy. I for one, use spellreflect ALOT. Ofc i change back right after the spell, but sometimes you need to survive the enemy's cooldowns rather then dealing damage. Because once he blew then, you can then wreck havoc on them.
    Ofc ^^ not using shield when getting nuked is a bad idea :P
    But you really should try out my spec once, Concussion blow hits very hard, and only got a 30 sec cooldown. and you get the MS effect that is very helpfull. if you got alot of attackpower it works great! you can easy get a 7k crit with concussion blow. at the same time as it stuns for 5 sec. (if you didn't charge first).

Why use these wierdass speccs when you got the standard builds that perform better? My shield slams crit 4-7k on high resil targets without trinkets and SB, and between 10k and 16k with trinkets and SB. A shield slam crit along with Conc blow hitting for 2k and Devastate critting 3k, I'd so no reason why you'd drop out on Deva that can be spammed for a combo that will yield the same or less damage but be restricted to long CDs.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Not everyone got the right gear for actullay doing that XtreO. :P And still. You don't got the MS effect. And this is a (as the topic says) "Dual wield one-hands" pvp spec that is good with 2 one hands, I would say it is better that titans grip. Titans grip do more damage(not much), but Concussion blow is good when it comes to doing instant damage + stunning, that alone could change the situation totaly.

Anyway, that had nothing to do with your playstyle/spec you keep doing what you do ^^

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by XtreO
    Why use these wierdass speccs when you got the standard builds that perform better? My shield slams crit 4-7k on high resil targets without trinkets and SB, and between 10k and 16k with trinkets and SB. A shield slam crit along with Conc blow hitting for 2k and Devastate critting 3k, I'd so no reason why you'd drop out on Deva that can be spammed for a combo that will yield the same or less damage but be restricted to long CDs.
    My lil warrior is just for fun, nothing serious.

If i wanted to top the charts or bust arena rating i would either roll Fury:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior=320023012330000000000000000000032500300550031025012050135100000000000000000000000 0000&glyph=052710000000&version=10192

Or arms for arena:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior=032233202303510023021001023125132500313002000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000&glyph=091508000000&version=10192

Or http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior=032233212303510023021001023125100500000000000000000000000020332120000000000000000 0000&glyph=090708000000&version=10192

For shield block-> Revenge spam

My lil warrior is just for fun, nothing serious.

If i wanted to top the charts or bust arena rating i would either roll Fury:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warrior=320023012330000000000000000000032500300550031025012050135100000000000000000000000 0000&glyph=052710000000&version=10192
    I would suggest try my spec instead... Concussion blow makes up for the loss on whirlwind and white hit damage.
    Conc blow could change the battle completly if used correct. but if you don't have atleast 4k attackpower in zerker stance unbuffed it isn't so good. cause concussion blow is ONLY based on attackpower, 75% to be exact (45 or 50% on bloodthirst, don't remember if it got changed).

If you add 20% from death wish and crit from recklessness, it does insane damage on most classes (those who doesn't use shield). remember the 5 sec stun and 3 sec silence from heroic throw and shield bash (if you got the talent), you can if you wish run around with shield all the time, you do good damage anyway :P

You also will have more survivability than in that "common" fury spec of yours :P

Pretty much the ultimate revenge spamming spec. The only classes it will not work on are priests (lol shadow fiend?) and mages. All you have to do is press shield block on any melee class, or taunt any pet you see and press shield block. You can get back to back to back 7k+ crits on warlocks with anything but an imp. The stun is pretty overpowered too. ;D

I like to get the revenge and sweeping strikes glyphs, lets me put up SS for free every 30 seconds and you can macro heroic strike to your revenge button.

Quote Originally Posted by XtreO
    problem is how much crit do you have in block gear? 10?15?

My DW 1handers Warrior spec:

Slow Axe MH, Fast Sword OH.
    Battle stance. Execute all the time for damage. Your goal is to get as much rage as possible and basically spam executes, with added rend and overpowers as slight fillers.

Edit: Wrong glyph.
    I've tried a spec like this before, it's dps isn't that great. 0/41/30 is way better dual 1 hand dps.